BRM Reviews the 4/19/2017 NXT (Dillinger Good Riddance)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/19/2017 NXT (Dillinger Good Riddance)

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 21st, '17, 00:57

OPENING SEGMENT- great!
Bobby Roode cuts a great promo on Nakamura and NXT. Then Hideo Itami came out, and I popped because I totally forgot that he existed. He slapped Roode in the face. Roode talked trash but Itami just hit him with the Go To Sleep.

TYLER BATE & JACK GALLAGHER BACKSTAGE- mutual admiration society stuff happens. This did absolutely nothing to make me want to make me see their title match.

ROODE FINALLY WAKES UP AFTER BEING KNOCKED OUT BY A ITAMI- good

DREW MCINTYRE AND ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS HAVE SOME SORT OF DISAGREEMENT AT THE GYM- the actual interactions between these two was dull, but I loved the way they presented the footage. This incident was caught on camera by Heavy Machinery, who were taking turns recording each other working out. This not creates a reason for how why there was a camera there to capture this footage, but it does so in a way that gets Heavy Machinery on the show and gets them over as being very strong. Brilliant.
Also, Almas and Drew are wrestling each other next week because of this.

ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS vs. DANNY BURCH- 0.5/10
Danny Burch is more generic than El Generico (whatever happened to that guy, anyway?). The match was short, but still too long to deal with Burch’s boringness.

WHO WILL BEAT ASUKA? VIDEO PACKAGE- very good.
I thought this was an interesting spin on the standard “the champ is so great” and “everyone wants the title” video packages.

TYE DILLINGER VS. ERIC YOUNG VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

LIV MORGAN & ALIYAH vs. PEYTON ROYCE & BILLIE KAY- 2/10
This match-up again? Can we get Ruby Riot or Daria Berenato or ANYONE ELSE to face one of these teams?
Well… at least the match was smoother this time.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger- 7.75/10
GREAT match, although the level of violence was much lower than what I would have expected for a blow-off steel cage match. That being said, the babyfaces’ celebration at the end definitely helped to make this feel big. The stuff on the outside was extremely well done. Oddly enough, my favorite part of this match was Alexander Wolf laughing at Dillinger when Damo slammed the door right in front of him. It’s the first time he has a shown a personality.
On the one hand I don’t like that the guy leaving the “territory” got the win, but on the other hand, if he’s on the main roster, he should be beating developmental guys.

A very good episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: BRM Reviews the 4/19/2017 NXT (Dillinger Good Riddance)

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 21st, '17, 07:44

Big Red Machine wrote:TYLER BATE & JACK GALLAGHER BACKSTAGE- mutual admiration society stuff happens. This did absolutely nothing to make me want to make me see their title match.

I want to see their match. I'm a huge fan of Tyler Bate
You could say I'm a
Hidden text.
Master Bate-er
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 21st, '17, 08:19

What in the the name of Mike was with the fit they were throwing after the match​? I suppose Royce and Kaye are comedy now? That was just stupidly ridiculous though lol.

About what I expect from those two though.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 21st, '17, 09:17

As far as Heavy Machinery goes... I only have one word...SHAKA!!!!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.