What is the most ridiculous kayfabe explanation WWE has given for something?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
cero2k
Site Admin

What is the most ridiculous kayfabe explanation WWE has given for something?

Post by cero2k » Dec 7th, '16, 16:25

Example: CM Punk convinced Festus to stop taking prescription drugs, and he suddenly becomes Luke Gallows.

to start off, i'm going with the excuses WWE gives for fans booing RAW

Fans only boo Roman because it's fun or this crowd is passionate, booing who they normally cheer for...

Big Red Machine

Re: What is the most ridiculous kayfabe explanation WWE has given for something?

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '16, 16:33

It depends on your definition of ridiculous. The Festus thing isn't ridiculous so much as it raises moral questions and actually turns Jesse and/or Festus' doctor into the heels.

The Raw explanation is just... weird, but not so much ridiculous. The fans booing Roman because they are "passionate" isn't ridiculous. It accomplishes the opposite of what WWE wants to accomplish (and it tickles me to no end that they haven't realized that that statement is actually a burial of whoever/whatever they try to defend with it), but I wouldn't call it "ridiculous."

I can't think of many ridiculous WWE kayfabe explanations. I think the companies you'd want to go to for that are TNA and especially WCW.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: What is the most ridiculous kayfabe explanation WWE has given for something?

Post by cero2k » Dec 7th, '16, 16:45

you don't find "Shane becoming GM because of Social Media Support", or "all of Kane's scars and disfiguration being all in his head" being ridiculous? WWE definitely has 30+ yrs of material. Surely TNA and WCW have their ones too. Feel free to bring them up too

to me ridiculous explanation is anything that will make me say 'really? that's the excuse you're coming up with?"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '16, 16:54

cero2k wrote:you don't find "Shane becoming GM because of Social Media Support", or "all of Kane's scars and disfiguration being all in his head" being ridiculous? WWE definitely has 30+ yrs of material. Surely TNA and WCW have their ones too. Feel free to bring them up too

to me ridiculous explanation is anything that will make me say 'really? that's the excuse you're coming up with?"
The Shane thing is a good example, I guess. or maybe more the combination of Vince giving Shane the chance to run Raw because of social media support even though Vince himself is convinced that Shane would fail.

That Kane thing, by the way, to my knowledge (and I have a lot of knowledge in this area) is not cannon, but rather it (or the similar theory that the scars did exist but have long-since healed and only mental scars remain) was a fan-created theory to explain away everything (aside from the Katie Vick thing. That whole saga can't be kayfabe explained).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '16, 16:56

Actually, I think I've got to go with The Giant not dying at Halloween Havoc because he supposedly fell into the Detroit River even though there is a major highway between Cobo Hall and the river.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 7th, '16, 16:58

Big Red Machine wrote:
That Kane thing, by the way, to my knowledge (and I have a lot of knowledge in this area) is not cannon, but rather it (or the similar theory that the scars did exist but have long-since healed and only mental scars remain) was a fan-created theory to explain away everything (aside from the Katie Vick thing. That whole saga can't be kayfabe explained).
wasn't it featured in the Kane kayfabe book?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '16, 17:03

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
wasn't it featured in the Kane kayfabe book?
Don't think so.
Also, that book isn't actually kayfabe.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 10th, '16, 01:41

Big Red Machine wrote:Actually, I think I've got to go with The Giant not dying at Halloween Havoc because he supposedly fell into the Detroit River even though there is a major highway between Cobo Hall and the river.
This.

Also. Big Boss Man not being dead after Undertaker committed a murder in front of 20,000 people by hanging Bossman and just leaving him there. He'd definitely be dead.

Paul Bearer after being buried in concrete by the Undertaker. I can't remember how that was explained off, but he wasn't reported as being dead after it.

So I guess my point is basically any Undertaker murder attempt in WWE history...
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '16, 17:58

XIV wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Actually, I think I've got to go with The Giant not dying at Halloween Havoc because he supposedly fell into the Detroit River even though there is a major highway between Cobo Hall and the river.
This.

Also. Big Boss Man not being dead after Undertaker committed a murder in front of 20,000 people by hanging Bossman and just leaving him there. He'd definitely be dead.

Paul Bearer after being buried in concrete by the Undertaker. I can't remember how that was explained off, but he wasn't reported as being dead after it.

So I guess my point is basically any Undertaker murder attempt in WWE history...
With the Bearer thing they actually did an angle to save him right there in the arena and posted it on the website the night of the PPV, so that one doesn't bother me. With the Bossman thing... I don't know. I guess I just kind of assumed that Undertaker's powers prevented Bossman from actually dying because he's The Undertaker and he can do that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 12th, '16, 22:02

By that logic, buried alive matchs are literally the living the end and the worst thing ever.

Yeah, I killed that guy in dirt or whatever but there he goes six months later.

I'd have no idea what would have came from Vince McMahon's limousine stunt years ago .
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 12th, '16, 22:07

Super Eric Young.

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 13th, '16, 10:24

KILLdozer wrote: I'd have no idea what would have came from Vince McMahon's limousine stunt years ago .
Probably nothing we'd have hugely enjoyed, but we'all never know. Just unfortunate timing for such an angle.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 13th, '16, 10:32

KILLdozer wrote:By that logic, buried alive matchs are literally the living the end and the worst thing ever.

Yeah, I killed that guy in dirt or whatever but there he goes six months later.
actually, that was the match they used to actually 'kill' American Badass Taker and turn him into Deadman Taker again, so at least that one time, it did work. I also have the slight memory that Taker once crawled out of the dirt like a zombie

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '16, 17:39

XIV wrote:
KILLdozer wrote: I'd have no idea what would have came from Vince McMahon's limousine stunt years ago .
Probably nothing we'd have hugely enjoyed, but we'all never know. Just unfortunate timing for such an angle.
Rumor had it that it was supposed to be Paul London who was his illegitimate son.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 13th, '16, 19:35

Big Red Machine wrote:
XIV wrote:
Rumor had it that it was supposed to be Paul London who was his illegitimate son.
Anderson.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '16, 19:41

KILLdozer wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
XIV wrote:
Anderson.
That's the other theory. With Kennedy it's because of the name. With London it was because of his facial expression during Vince's solemn walk-by before he got into the limo.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 13th, '16, 19:46

Big Red Machine wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Anderson.
That's the other theory. With Kennedy it's because of the name. With London it was because of his facial expression during Vince's solemn walk-by before he got into the limo.
Yeah he give him that hair crazy look as he walked past him.

The worst part of it? It was hornswoggle, but his family lied and he was actually Finlay's son so JBL actually got up and kicked his ass.