Cero Books The TNA World Title Series

The sky is the limit
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Books The TNA World Title Series

Post by cero2k » Oct 15th, '15, 14:23

I was waiting for TNA to finally announce the groups in order to do this and respect their roster decision. Now I would have liked for the groups to be random, so i'm gonna do two things. I'll book with TNA's groups, and then all throw all names in a hat and pick them out at random and make new teams and book those.

The way it works is that two guys qualify from each group, and the playoffs are
1A vs 2B
1E vs 2F
1C vs 2D
1G vs 2H
1B vs 2A
1F vs 2E
1D vs 2C
1H vs 2G
numbers in parenthesis is the standing entering the match (Win-Tie-Loss-Total)

TNA GROUPS
(A) Team UK: Galloway, Bram, Grado, and Spud
(B) Team KOs: Gail, Kong, Brooke, and Rayne
(C) Team Champs: ECIII, Aries, Lashely, and Anderson
(D) Team Wildcard: Aiden, Crazzy Steve, Kenny King, and Shera
(E) Team Tag: Davey, Eddie, Matt Hardy, and Robbie E
(F) Team X Division: Tigre Uno, DJZ, Mandrews, and TJP
(G) Team Future: Godderz, Crimson, Eli Drake, and Micah
(H) Team Originals: Roode, Storm, Young, and Abyss

WEEK 1 (A, B, C)
Galloway (0-0-0-0) def Bram (0-0-0-0)
Spud (0-0-0-0) def Grado (0-0-0-0)
ECIII (0-0-0-0) vs Aries (0-0-0-0) TIE
Lashley (0-0-0-0) def Anderson (0-0-0-0)
Kong (0-0-0-0) def Rayne (0-0-0-0)
Brooke (0-0-0-0) def Kim (0-0-0-0)

WEEK 2 (D, E, F)
Aiden (0-0-0-0) def King (0-0-0-0)
Shera (0-0-0-0) def Crazzy Steve (0-0-0-0)
Matt Hardy (0-0-0-0) def Davey Richards (0-0-0-0)
Eddie Edwards (0-0-0-0) def Robbie E (0-0-0-0)
Tigre Uno (0-0-0-0) def TJP (0-0-0-0)
DJZ (0-0-0-0) def Mandrews(0-0-0-0)

WEEK 3 (G, H, A)
Godderz (0-0-0-0) def Crimson (0-0-0-0)
Drake (0-0-0-0) def Micah (0-0-0-0)
Roode (0-0-0-0) def Storm (0-0-0-0)
Abyss (0-0-0-0) def Young (0-0-0-0)
Galloway (1-0-0-3) def Grado (0-0-1-0)
Bram (0-0-1-0) def Spud (1-0-0-3)

WEEK 4 (B, C, D)
ECIII (0-1-0-1) vs Lashley (1-0-0-3) TIE
Aries (0-1-0-1) def Anderson (0-0-1-0)
Kong (1-0-0-3) def Brooke (1-0-0-3)
Gail (0-0-1-0) def Rayne (0-0-1-0)
Aiden (1-0-0-3) def Crazy Steve (0-0-1-0)
Shera (1-0-0-3) def King (0-0-1-0)

WEEK 5 (E, F, G)
Davey (0-0-1-0) vs Eddie (1-0-0-3) TIE
Matt Hardy (1-0-0-3) def Robbie E (0-0-1-0)
Mandrews (0-0-1-0) def Tigre Uno (1-0-0-3)
TJP (0-0-1-0) def DJZ (1-0-0-3)
Young (0-0-1-0) vs Storm (0-0-1-0) TIE
Roode (1-0-0-3) def Abyss (1-0-0-3)

WEEK 6 (H, A, B)
Godderz (1-0-0-3) def Micah (0-0-1-0)
Eli Drake (1-0-0-3) def Crimson (0-0-1-0)
Spud (1-0-1-3) def Galloway (2-0-0-6)
Bram (1-0-1-3) def Grado (0-0-2-0)
Gail (1-0-1-3) vs Kong (2-0-0-6) TIE
Rayne (0-0-2-0) def Brooke (1-0-1-3)

WEEK 7 (C, D, E)
ECIII (0-2-0-2) def Anderson (0-0-2-0)
Lashley (1-1-0-4) def Aries (1-1-0-4)
Crazzy Steve (0-0-2-0) def Kenny King (0-0-2-0)
Aiden (2-0-0-6) def Shera (2-0-0-6)
Matt Hardy (2-0-0-6) def Eddie Edwards (1-1-0-4)
Davey Richards (0-1-1-1) def Robbie E (0-0-2-0)

WEEK 8 (F, G, H)
Tigre Uno (1-0-1-3) def DJZ (1-0-1-3)
TJP (1-0-1-3) def Mandrews (1-0-1-3)
Young (0-1-1-1) def Roode (2-0-0-6)
Storm (0-1-1-1) def Abyss (1-0-1-3)
Godderz (2-0-0-6) def Eli (2-0-0-6)
Crimson (0-0-2-0) def Micah (0-0-2-0)

WEEK 9 - TIE BREAKER CHALLENGE

Group A Tie Breaker: Galloway vs Spud vs Bram (Winner = 1st place, Loser is out) Drew pins Bram
Group E 2nd Place Tie Breaker: Eddie Edwards def Davey Richards
Group F 1st Place Tie Breaker: TJP def Tigre Uno
Group G 2nd Place Tie Breaker: Eric Young def James Storm

FINAL STANDINGS:
GROUP A
GROUP E
Drew Galloway (2-0-1-6)
Matt Hardy (3-0-0-9)
Rockstar Spud (2-0-1-6)
Davey Richards (1-1-1-4)
Bram (2-0-1-6)
Eddie Edwards (1-1-1-4)
Grado (0-0-3-0)
Robbie E (0-0-3-0)
GROUP B
GROUP F
Awesome Kong (2-1-1-7)
Tigre Uno (2-0-1-6)
Gail Kim (1-1-1-4)
TJP (2-0-1-6)
Brooke (1-0-2-3)
DJZ (1-0-2-3)
Madison Rayne (1-0-2-3)
Mandrews (1-0-2-3)
GROUP C
GROUP G
Bobby Lashley (2-1-0-7)
Bobby Roode (2-0-1-6)
ECIII (1-2-0-5)
Eric Young (1-1-1-4)
Austin Aries (1-1-1-4)
James Storm (1-1-1-4)
Ken Anderson (0-0-3-0)
Abyss (1-0-2-3)
GROUP D
GROUP H
Aiden O'Shea (3-0-0-9)
Jesse Godderz (3-0-0-9)
Mahabali Shera (2-0-1-6)
Eli Drake (2-0-1-6)
Crazzy Steve (1-0-2-3)
Crimson (1-0-2-3)
Kenny King (0-0-3-0)
Micah (0-0-3-0)
PLAYOFFS!
(WEEK 10) Sweet 16
Gail Kim def Drew Galloway
Matt Hardy def Tigre Uno
Bobby Lashley def Mahabali Shera
Bobby Roode def Eli Drake
Rockstar Spud def Awesome Kong
TJP def Eddie Edwards
ECIII def Aiden O'Shea
Jesse Godderz def Eric Young
Final 8 (From this point and on, it's all PPV)
Gail Kim def Bobby Lashley
Matt Hardy def Bobby Roode
ECIII def Rockstar Spud
Jesse Godderz def TJP
Semifinals
Gail Kim def Matt Hardy
ECIII def Jesse Godderz
TNA World Title Cup Finals
Gail Kim def ECIII to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion

During all the playoffs, Kim is defeating faces, each of them will put Kim over and entrust the future of the company to her. Kim becomes the first woman to be world champion in a televised show, and since I don't care where this goes from here, Kim unifies the World title and the women's title and from now on, KOs are eligible to challenge for the world title.

From this point you can run a story with the people who never won, with the people who were close, etc. ECIII will want to use Tyrus' title shot, so Tyrus turns on ECIII, but still fails to win the title.

Coming soon, a randomized table version....

Big Red Machine

Re: Cero Books The TNA World Title Series

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '15, 19:53

This was kind of hard to follow. Also, care to explain how in the hell Spud beats Kong?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 15th, '15, 20:16

Big Red Machine wrote:This was kind of hard to follow. Also, care to explain how in the hell Spud beats Kong?
it was even harder to read, i think i'm drawing diagrams next time. They can have a match with Spud doing his best to get her off her feet and eventually hit his finisher, which i think is credible enough to take down Kong, at least 2 or 3 of them. If not, my original idea is that it's a fluke, I don't think he can roll her up, but his speed should be enough for a countout win for example, or fuck it, a roll up.

the only match which i really see hard to book, but not impossible, is Kim vs Lashley. I see something like Sexy Star vs Big Ryck, but smarter, where Kim always rolls out of the ring after Lashley attacks, lots of dodging, and also, a roll up

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '15, 01:20

cero2k wrote: the only match which i really see hard to book, but not impossible, is Kim vs Lashley. I see something like Sexy Star vs Big Ryck, but smarter, where Kim always rolls out of the ring after Lashley attacks, lots of dodging, and also, a roll up
Except that Ryck isn't an MMA guy. I guess she could win by roll-up, but it wouldn't really make her look like a strong champion to win the belt by constantly dodging a larger, more dominant athlete and getting a lucky roll-up.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '15, 08:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: the only match which i really see hard to book, but not impossible, is Kim vs Lashley. I see something like Sexy Star vs Big Ryck, but smarter, where Kim always rolls out of the ring after Lashley attacks, lots of dodging, and also, a roll up
Except that Ryck isn't an MMA guy. I guess she could win by roll-up, but it wouldn't really make her look like a strong champion to win the belt by constantly dodging a larger, more dominant athlete and getting a lucky roll-up.
you hide the lack of strength with babyface fighting spirit and intelligence, surely she can defeat Hardy and ECIII with her finisher. With her first two matches, since they're the first ever (kayfabewise) man vs woman matches that are treated like fair competition, you can play her as the underdog, just for size alone, you can book this as Galloway vs Bailey from BOLA. We just need Gail to sell like a mutherfucker

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '15, 08:50

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
you hide the lack of strength with babyface fighting spirit and intelligence, surely she can defeat Hardy and ECIII with her finisher. With her first two matches, since they're the first ever (kayfabewise) man vs woman matches that are treated like fair competition, you can play her as the underdog, just for size alone, you can book this as Galloway vs Bailey from BOLA. We just need Gail to sell like a mutherfucker
I think I'd be really careful about protecting my MMA guys. I know it's a little dumb because everyone knows wrestling is a work, but at the same time they do have an aura about them if used correctly (although Lashley is probably the one who has this aura the least) that I think gets people more interested than they normally would be for a big match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '15, 09:30

Big Red Machine wrote: I think I'd be really careful about protecting my MMA guys. I know it's a little dumb because everyone knows wrestling is a work, but at the same time they do have an aura about them if used correctly (although Lashley is probably the one who has this aura the least) that I think gets people more interested than they normally would be for a big match.
that's true, i do agree with that. I guess you can always do a finish similar to Punk/Cena at MITB with Lashley being distracted, but it still makes like Gail won by herself and get over for winning

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '15, 10:37

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: I think I'd be really careful about protecting my MMA guys. I know it's a little dumb because everyone knows wrestling is a work, but at the same time they do have an aura about them if used correctly (although Lashley is probably the one who has this aura the least) that I think gets people more interested than they normally would be for a big match.
that's true, i do agree with that. I guess you can always do a finish similar to Punk/Cena at MITB with Lashley being distracted, but it still makes like Gail won by herself and get over for winning
You could... but is a distraction finish really what you want if you are TNA right now?

I'm also not sure that putting the belt on Gail would be a good idea. I understand the theory that creating buzz is what TNA needs right now, and a win for Gail would certainly turn heads... but how do you proceed after that? How are you going to get heat on a male heel going for the title? As much as you'll get some mainstream articles about how great and progressive and blah blah blah it is a wrestling promotion had a woman beat a man and become world champion, the moment you try to get actual heel heat with a some sort of beatdown, you'll have ten times as many media outlets (including most of the ones that put you over for putting the belt on her in the first place) screaming about how this is "misogynistic" and a "glorification of violence against women" and all of that stuff because as much as they like to think that they do, the mainstream media doesn't understand pro wrestling, and the same goes for most of the human population. The only people who understand pro wrestling are wrestling fans (and lapsed fans), the smarter MMA/boxing promoters and competitors, actors, and (particularly fiction) writers. We can all sit here and scream until we're blue in the face that "it's called an angle and it's done to make you want to see the good guy get revenge" but 99% of the population just won't get that or will refuse to see it, either because they have an agenda to push and this is good fuel for it, or because they just refuse to accept that pro wrestling could possibly have so much thought behind it.
I think a MUCH better route to take would be to focus on Gail as Knockouts Champion and build that belt up to be a co-main event level belt (like NXT has done). You get the same credit for putting women on the center stage and respecting them as athletes etc. etc. without any of the baggage attached.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation