BRM Books Punk vs. Heyman

The sky is the limit
Big Red Machine

BRM Books Punk vs. Heyman

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 19th, '13, 08:17

So I haven't seen all of Raw yet, but here is how I would book things:
Do the segment they did with Punk, Del Rio & Heyman, then do the segment they did with Punk & Heyman backstage, but include the "I don't want you to be my manager, I want you to be my friend" line from the WWE.com segment they did after Payback. I would have Heyman be a bit hurt by this and follow it up with a similar segment next week where they smooth everything over and Heyman promises to stay in the back.
Then at MITB, I would totally steal Cero's idea of an MITB match with just former winners in it (Punk. RVD, Miz, Kane, Swagger, Dragon). I really like this idea because it is an excuse to get RVD and Punk in the same match without calling attention to the RVD-Heyman connection at all. I would then have Heyman cost Punk the match while attempting to help RVD win (Swagger would go over, though). The next night on Raw I would have Heyman bury Punk by saying that he has a lot of friends (*insert joke by the announcers here*) and he has a lot of clients... and in addition to his clients, he has "Paul Heyman guys." Guys who he discovered, who no one would believe in before he came along. Guys like Sabu and the Sandman. Guys like Curtis Axel. Guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin. Guys like CM Punk... and guys like Rob Van Dam. Among them all, though, Paul's closest friend over the last ten years has been Brock Lesnar... and when you insult Paul's friends, you anger Paul. CM Punk claimed that Brock Lesnar needs help to win his matches? No no no. No one helped Brock Lesnar win his NCAA Titles. No one helped Brock Lesnar win his WWE Titles. No one helped Brock Lesnar win his UFC Titles.

But do you know who did need help to win titles? CM Punk. He had to wait until his opponent was incapacitated to cash in the Money in the Bank contract BOTH times he cashed it in. During his big 434 day WWE Title reign that he loves to brag about so much, he needed help from everyone from AJ Lee to Johnny Ace to Brad Maddox to the Shield... and especially from Paul Heyman. CM Punk might be a Paul Heyman guy, but that doesn't mean that they are friends. Heyman says he is willing to take Punk back on as a client, though. Punk refuses, and goes to attack Paul for trying to screw him out of MITB. Curtis Axel (who is out there with Paul as he cuts this promo) defends Paul for a bit but he gets overwhelmed, and as Punk is cornering Heyman, Brock Lesnar comes out and attacks him.
Building up to Summer Slam Heyman keeps assuring people that his stable of Heyman guys: Lesnar, Axel, and very soon, RVD, will dominate the WWE. RVD, for his part, seems very non-committal. He and Heyman are seen hanging out backstage, but Heyman doesn't manage him, and he doesn't appear with the other two as Heyman's guys. Punk wants to find out where RVD stands, but Van Dam doesn't really give him answers, and RVDs natural arrogance rubs Punk the wrong way ("Hey dude, it sucks that you lost MITB because Paul tried to help me, but whatever. It sucks to be everyone sometimes, and right now, it sucks to be you"). Vickie winds up making an elimination tag match at Summer Slam with Brock and Axel facing Punk & RVD, with the angle going in being that we don't know whose side RVD is really on. On the last Raw before Summer Slam, RVD wins the main event by taking advantage of Heyman distracting someone. It is clear that RVD didn't ask for Paul's help, but is more than happy to take it.
At Summer Slam, I would definitely keep RVD babyface, but have him tap out a bit earlier than you might expect him to (a bit under fifteen minutes), a decently quickly after Brock locks a hold in. Punk would fight valiantly, but lose without eliminating anyone. Going into the fall I would have Punk question RVD's heart to get a match between them at a PPV. I would add a third "Heyman guy" for them to feud with while Brock isn't around, and have RVD vs. Brock at Survivor Series while Punk leads a Survivor Series team against some hand-picked "Heyman guys" (you can do young talent who Heyman likes, like the Shield, maybe try to bring back Sabu for the night, etc). Brock would beat RVD, and Punk would be the sole survivor of his match.
From here Punk goes on a quest to prove that he doesn't need anyone's help to win the WWE Title. he would get a title shot at TLC but Heyman would cost him the match. Punk would enter the Royal Rumble to try to earn another title shot, but be eliminated by surprise interference from Brock Lesnar, setting up a Mania match between them.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3