is it just me? (maybe it is)

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Nic

is it just me? (maybe it is)

Post by Nic » May 15th, '13, 14:06

maybe it's just me but after reading a few "news" stuff and peoples opinions I have to ask/say
is it just me....

the reason I ask is cause WWE and TNA both do it and so does every other wrestling fed, but as far as gimic's go (even though everyone "has to have one") I really don't think everyone needs one to get over with the fans.. and really if WWE/TNA (mainly) would see that maybe they wouldn't have to rely on the same people every show/PPv to bring in money

Now while some gimic's hit a home run (Taker, Kane, The Shield, AJ lee, Bret hart, Pillman and so on) and others fail at the same time (rellik, Mordaci, Tensi (when he first came back) and yes Sin Cara)) and those that do hit a home run are the cash cow's of the place, I really think you can have two different aspects going at once,. have all your gimics..Ryback trying to prove he's the monster stepped on by cena..Del Rio the immigrant vs the all american Swagger.. but why not use those that you see as "not a fan fav" or "has no talent" and things like that and let them put on a wrestling match, just a pure no gimick needed wrestling match ((which in return is a gimic in itself))

we all know that Tyson Kidd, Cesaro, Sandow, Christian, Barrett, Alex Riley, bo Dallas (<~~go back to rutonda) Rhodes, Hawkins, Ryder and a shit load of others that you rarely see unless one of the main eventers needs a fast win...let them do what they can do and wrestle, let them put on a good 4-7 minute match of just pure wrestling and that would more than likely bring you more viewers and more viewers = more money

but maybe like I asked at the first, it's just me, I would rather see a 5-10 minute wrestling match of holds, counters and take down rather than knowing "oh Sandow vs Ryback is on" but knowing it'll be just for Sandow to lose cause it'll help Ryback.

hell WWE turned Del Rio face and gave him the belt because some mexican in boxing (i think) won the belt and someone in another thread even said "Del Rio is losing the mexican fans" so gimicks arnt always good and when you push someone to the stars because you think its the best only to let it fail..then why not have something to fall back on while you re-focus on the big things that fail with just some good old fashion wrestling.

hell even the best of 3 matches (and not best of 3 falls, there is a difference) like yall did from the 50's til the 90's when a Wrestler A beat Wrestler B in three matches, then Wrestler A gets to move up the ranks and not this bullshit "well the fans when batshit crazy and they like this guy so lets shove him down their throats"

and yes I do understand and sorta respect the fact that the fans are who makes and breaks people in any profession from sports to resturants I don't believe they should be able to solidly dictate what happens to a wrestler because fans are the most un-reliable fucks out there.. just like with Fandango, for what a month or so all were heard from the face "you suck" "no talent" and "you cant wrestle" but at wrestlemania when people from all over the world chanted his theme and did so the next night he went from "you have no talent and cant wrestle" to one of the upper guys..but what will happen in a month when we all get bored? down and back to the end of the line, fighting and busting his ass on live shows just to get a decent check..or even "futured endeavored"

oh and this is probably just me ...WWE throws Sin Cara down our throats saying his the biggest thing out of mexico (Mystico) and you also hire Hunico (i think) who also wrestled as both Mystico and Sin Cara (Negro Cara) which in my opinion Hunico is the better one ((you can disagree, I cant force you to be right lol)) anyways you bitch that Sin Cara can't learn the way you want your wrestlers to wrestle, you team him up with Mysterio and Sin Cara still can't wrestle and you still stick money up his ass in hopes he can learn, which he can't and you demote the better one of the two into a mexican "thug" and barely let him do anything on tv

so my question is (and really noone can tell between either Hunico as Sin Cara or mystico as Sin cara) why not let the fucker go, let him go back to mexico where he can do a suicide dive, miss by 10ft and the opp. still will get shoved into the baracades and put Hunico's ass back under the mask of Sin Cara and then you can have (1) Sin Cara back on TV more than a few weeks (much like mysterio) and (2) won't have to worry about him botching his own moves and (3) you'll have someone that already knows your certain style of wrestling that you want

anyways, I think Im done...doubt I made a point or anything, but just wanted to say something
Simply Psychotic

Outspoken, Blunt, Honest, Upfront, Rude, Cocky, Politically Incorrect since '79

Verdun

Re: is it just me? (maybe it is)

Post by Verdun » May 16th, '13, 09:59

That whole hunico/ sin cara idea sounds interesting and funny.

As for the whole gimmick and wrestling, yeah, I'd love to see more wrestling instead of blah blah blah whatever.

In fact, I wanna see matches where close fist punching and stomping are illegal. HOW WOULD THAT LOOK?
(Cut to 5 minutes of Orton clotheslining and an RKO at the end)
Okay, that might be bad, but I'm tired of seeing matches where all I see are punching and stomping.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Nic

Post by Nic » May 16th, '13, 10:07

Verdun wrote:That whole hunico/ sin cara idea sounds interesting and funny.

As for the whole gimmick and wrestling, yeah, I'd love to see more wrestling instead of blah blah blah whatever.

In fact, I wanna see matches where close fist punching and stomping are illegal. HOW WOULD THAT LOOK?
(Cut to 5 minutes of Orton clotheslining and an RKO at the end)
Okay, that might be bad, but I'm tired of seeing matches where all I see are punching and stomping.

yeah no doubt..I miss the past where wrestlers (fuck calling them superstars) were able to use more then 6 moves..where they actually got to but on a show with their in-ring skills and not just punch, punch, kink, up, down, A, A, B, start ((wait sorry thats N64 codes))

anyways yeah, I wish they'd bring back the skill of "wrestling" and not this "oh well I hit you with 5 moves heres the AA and I win"
Simply Psychotic

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 16th, '13, 11:57

sounds like you guys need a little doze of indy or japanese wrestling

Nic

Post by Nic » May 16th, '13, 12:22

cero2k wrote:sounds like you guys need a little doze of indy or japanese wrestling

I would love to watch Japanese but really dont know how to watch other then youtube and even then i dont really know what to look for

and the only indie style I can get here in okla is the one about 20miles away at impact zone wrestling
Simply Psychotic

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 16th, '13, 13:09

we have some full shows on the videos section, you may not get the stories, but the matches are great

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 16th, '13, 19:24

Nic wrote:
cero2k wrote:sounds like you guys need a little doze of indy or japanese wrestling

I would love to watch Japanese but really dont know how to watch other then youtube and even then i dont really know what to look for

and the only indie style I can get here in okla is the one about 20miles away at impact zone wrestling
People usually upload ROH's TV show to youtube every week.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 17th, '13, 01:14

Nic wrote:we all know that Tyson Kidd, Cesaro, Sandow, Christian, Barrett, Alex Riley, bo Dallas (<~~go back to rutonda) Rhodes, Hawkins, Ryder and a s**t load of others that you rarely see unless one of the main eventers needs a fast win...let them do what they can do and wrestle, let them put on a good 4-7 minute match of just pure wrestling and that would more than likely bring you more viewers and more viewers = more money
This is one of the few things that I miss about WCW. Whether it was the Cruiserweights or guys looking to get into the TV Title hunt, they always put a few "just for the hell of it" matches out there to fill time. It was truly the saving grace to 3 hour Nitros. There's an undeniable appeal to a match where you don't know who is going to win, I don't care WHO is in it. I firmly believe that JTG vs Tyson Kidd would draw better ratings than a recap of the Dance Off that opened the show. The bonus being, when the Gimmicks and the established "wrestlers" cross paths great things happen. The gimmicks become a bit more human while the wrestlers become just a bit more larger than life. It's win/win when timed right.

Rob Van Dam is a great example. The guy doesn't really have a gimmick. His promos are terrible. People pay to see him wrestle. Imagine putting him in the ring with somebody like Damien Sandow. I think this is where Cesaro fits. Not to say he lacks charisma or can't cut a promo, but I think this is where they're dropping the ball on what could be something very special.

Unfortunately, the most successful wrestling promoter of all time hates wrestling, resents wrestlers, and would prefer to make his money providing "Entertainment" and "Superstars". "Top WWE Brass" doesn't find Cesaro and the like "boring", Vince does and his boys agree with him out of fear of getting "Jim Ross'ed".

I agree with your whole post. Not everything needs to build to something. Not every Televised match needs to advance an angle or be happening for a reason, especially with 5+ hours of television to crank out every week. But nobody can tell Vince that. He's made a billion dollars doing what he's doing how he's doing it.