2 cents: Jim Cornette

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
RedSon

2 cents: Jim Cornette

Post by RedSon » Feb 6th, '13, 16:56

i have one for you guys, Jim Cornette. after reading he was out of ring of honor, i started wondering, is there any promotion in the US that Cornette hasn't worked for where he wasn't removed from his position? lol i don't know.

to me cornette is one of those guys that talk too much about 'knowing' the business, but for some reason some of their stuff never works out. i really enjoy the persona he brings to the shows, i love to see him as a power figure in shows, but i don't know, it gets boring after a while, like he always does the same thing over and over and over again, he needs to mix it up a bit, go heel once and a while.

anyway, what are your 2 cents on cornette??
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 cents: Jim Cornette

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 6th, '13, 17:15

An absolutely fantastic on-air personality, and if I had to pick only one person in the world that I could listen to talk about wrestling for the rest of my life, it would be Corny.

As a booker, though, he is clearly out of touch with the times.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 cents: Jim Cornette

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 6th, '13, 17:17

RedSon wrote:i have one for you guys, Jim Cornette. after reading he was out of ring of honor, i started wondering, is there any promotion in the US that Cornette hasn't worked for where he wasn't removed from his position? lol i don't know.
Smokey Mountain. LOL.

It's not as bad as it seems that he has gotten removed from bring booker everywhere he has gone because bookers were usually changed decently often.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3