All Time...Worst Faction/Stable Ever

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
cero2k
Site Admin

All Time...Worst Faction/Stable Ever

Post by cero2k » Dec 29th, '12, 17:59

I was watching the Legends roundtable about factions (posted in the video section) and one of the questions was what was the worst stable/faction ever. Some of the answers I expected, but Ric Flair's answer was the NWO and it got me thinking about stables and what they've done for wrestling.

We've asked before what have been the best ones, but what stable or faction do you consider to be the worst faction ever??

Big Red Machine

Re: All Time...Worst Faction/Stable Ever

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 29th, '12, 19:18

Haven't seen much of them, but Sports Entertainment Xtreme seems like it was just a giant clusterd*ck of guys
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 29th, '12, 19:41

Big Red Machine wrote:Haven't seen much of them, but Sports Entertainment Xtreme seems like it was just a giant clusterd*ck of guys
dang, i have no idea who they are. shed some light please

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 29th, '12, 20:00

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Haven't seen much of them, but Sports Entertainment Xtreme seems like it was just a giant clusterd*ck of guys
dang, i have no idea who they are. shed some light please
Early TNA stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Ent ... nt_Extreme

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 29th, '12, 20:44

They were. Over half the roster. Almost ,if not. Literally.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 29th, '12, 20:56

KILLdozer wrote:
noting that Russo was the leader, i can imagine he was still trying to do an NWO idea thing

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 29th, '12, 21:59

cero2k wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
noting that Russo was the leader, i can imagine he was still trying to do an NWO idea thing
I tell ya what,Just for enlightenment value,heres the whole Wikipedia page on them...not much at all so what's that tell ya?

The angle began with a masked man known only as "Mr. Wrestling III" interfering in matches. On November 20, 2002 during a weekly TNA Pay-per-view, Jeff Jarrett defeated Ron Killings to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship with help from Mr. Wrestling III, who was then unmasked and turned out to be Vince Russo. The following week, Russo gave Jarrett the choice to be with him or against him, which Jarrett declined, much to Russo's dismay. This led to numerous attacks on Jeff Jarrett. On December 4, 2002 Russo officially formed a faction called S.E.X. (Sports Entertainment Xtreme) with Don and Ron Harris and B.G. James.
This led to a takeover style storyline, where wrestlers would turn their backs on TNA and instead join S.E.X., similar to the New World Order storyline in WCW. The group mainly feuded with Jeff Jarrett, Ron Killings, Curt Hennig, America's Most Wanted, Dusty Rhodes, the Road Warriors, Jorge Estrada, The Disciples of the New Church, and A.J. Styles after he refused to join S.E.X.
On March 4, 2003 after months of feuding, Jarrett hit Russo on an emotional level when he showed a video with Russo's children pleading with him to stop what he was doing which led him to go into a fit and going as far as threatening to beat his children. The next day, Vince Russo "retired" in order to become a better father which started the decline of S.E.X.
On March 19, 2003 Sports Entertainment Xtreme descended into disarray. With Vince Russo gone, Glenn Gilbertti tried to take control of the group. As soon as this happened, Sonny Siaki also tried to become the leader. On June 18, 2003, Russo said he "owned" the S.E.X. name, leaving them without a gimmick.
After a while the S.E.X. faded from existence and its former members went their separate ways, most remaining in TNA at the time.
[edit]Impact

The main goal of S.E.X. was to take control of the rest of TNA. It was one of the first total promotion storylines in TNA Wrestling history. It led to the creation of the kayfabe position of "Director of Authority", who would be the on-screen face of the "TNA Championship Committee" to the present day. It was first held by Erik Watts, then by Russo, when he turned face. After Russo it was held by Dusty Rhodes. After Dusty Rhodes, Larry Zbyszko held the role. The most recent director is Jim Cornette.
The most notable effects of S.E.X. was the formation of the trio known as Triple X, featuring Elix Skipper, Low Ki/Senshi, and Christopher Daniels, and the completion of the initial main event rise of A.J. Styles.
[edit]Members

Wrestlers
Vince Russo (leader)
Desire
Disgraceland
David Flair
Glenn Gilbertti
B.G. James
Ashley Hudson
Brian Lawler
Raven
Chris Sabin
Mike Sanders
Tony Schiavone (one night only, as S.E.X.'s backstage announcer)
Sonny Siaki
Erik Watts
Miss Holly Wood
David Young
Teams and stables
Don and Ron Harris
Triple X (Elix Skipper, Low Ki, and Christopher Daniels)
The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson)
The Hotshots (Chase Stevens and Cassidy O'Reilly)
The Gathering (Julio Dinero and Alexis Laree)
The New Generation (Erik Watts, Brian Lawler, David Flair)

8-|

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 29th, '12, 22:20

This led to a takeover style storyline, where wrestlers would turn their backs on TNA and instead join S.E.X., similar to the New World Order storyline in WCW.
there you go, and i didn't even need to read the article beforehand

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 29th, '12, 23:04

cero2k wrote:
This led to a takeover style storyline, where wrestlers would turn their backs on TNA and instead join S.E.X., similar to the New World Order storyline in WCW.
To be fair,Every storyline with guys turnin their backs on the company and joining the heel stable is considered "Similar to the NWO storyline in WCW." ,in some way or another .

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 29th, '12, 23:49

KILLdozer wrote:
cero2k wrote:
To be fair,Every storyline with guys turnin their backs on the company and joining the heel stable is considered "Similar to the NWO storyline in WCW." ,in some way or another .
fair point, but not every stable has 20+ members

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 30th, '12, 09:01

Worst off the top of my head is 3MB, only because Jinder still isn't a good fit. I mean, it's supposed to be goofy and I get that, but it's like a Robot at a Clown Convention. It's like, you didn't want to be there to begin with, then you notice the clowns kickin' it with a stupid robot like there's nothing odd about it, and your left going "I didn't want to come to this thing to begin with, and now it's just bullshit with that robot nobody's noticing."

That's 3MB to me.

But, it's hardly fair to call them the Worst Faction EVER because I'm annoyed right now. Corporate Ministry comes to mind, because I was so dead set against the factions merging. But that doesn't make it worst ever, or even bad necessarily, I just liked the three way warfare better.

I hated The Spirit Squad, but we were supposed to.

I think the NWO is a good pick, but for the sake of discussion, I'll say the Main Event Mafia. TNA's roster was STACKED at the time, why in the hell would they put all this firepower into one stable!?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 30th, '12, 11:30

Bob-O wrote:
I hated The Spirit Squad, but we were supposed to.
this was JRs pick in the round table, he pretty much says it's because it was stupid, IMO, it was bad because it didn't do anything for anyone, the team could only exist if they were all together and no one had a real identity, no way to break out of that character into a bigger star.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '12, 12:08

Bob-O wrote: I think the NWO is a good pick, but for the sake of discussion, I'll say the Main Event Mafia. TNA's roster was STACKED at the time, why in the hell would they put all this firepower into one stable!?
I know I am one of the few, but I actually liked the Main Event Mafia. The way they set the angle up, they made AJ and Joe look like they were on an equal level to those guys, and they also had Jeff Jarrett, the Dudleys and Rhino standing with them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Jan 12th, '13, 09:45

jbl's cabinet
The Man That Gravity Forgot!