Cero reviews AAA Triplemania XX

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero reviews AAA Triplemania XX

Post by cero2k » Sep 4th, '12, 15:11

AAA Triplemania XX, Arena Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico. August 5, 2012.

This review is based on the free re-play AAA offered online, thus i'm missing some matches. I'll be updating this review as soon as i get my hands on such matches. Also, this contains match spoilers.

Great Opening video recapping the three big feuds of the night.

Dark Dragon, Yuriko, Mini Charly Manson, and Sexy Star vs Fenix, Octagoncito, Faby Apache, and Pimpinela Escarlata - 7.5/10
This was a great opening match, it gets the divisions that usually get ignored in big shows out there. Pimpinela is always soo enjoyable. Faby Apache is an amazing wrestling, greatly under appreciated. This was the first time I had seen guys like Mini Charly Manson and Yuriko, I was not dissapointed at all considering one is a mini and the other an exotico. I loved that anyone was able to take on anyone else with no problem, but it was also a bit annoying when everyone was in the ring at the same time. Fenix's kick on Sexy Star was freaking sick!

Antonio Pena Memorial Video - no, at least not that song.

Perro Aguayo Hall Of Fame Induction - Nice, well deserved, but i would have love for Perrito to come out with his father.
Mascara Ano 2000 confronts Perro Aguayo - It was a cool nostalgia thing, but i definitely don't wanna see this match.

Four-way Tag Team Parejas Suicidas Steel Cage Match
Hermandad 187 (Joe Lider and Psicosis) vs Hart Foundation 2.0 (Jack Evans and Teddy Hart) vs Chessman and Juventud Guerrera vs La Familia de Tijuana (Xtreme Tiger and Halloween) - 7/10
The point of this match is that each team is made up of two guys currently feuding, the last man to escape the match will lose the match for his team. The losing team must later fight each other in a Mask/Hair match accordingly, later in the night.

Anyway, love to see Psicosis fighting with his mask, not like Juvi who took it off as soon as the match started. I've mentioned this in every review i've made of AAA, i hate this tag team cage matches, at least the fact that to get closer to win, you must leave your team mate. Halloween took off in less than a minute, which makes sense in a cage match, but now Tiger will fight the match alone, but i do have to say, loved that halloween got a beer and balloons and sat down to watch the match. I nominate Xtreme Tiger for the best cage escape ever. Like expected, Hart and Evans take the spots of the match. VAMPIRO RETURNS!!! Fastest climb ever!! Chessman takes a sick bump from the cage, but technically makes Joe Lider lose...and thus...

Hair vs Hair Match
Psicosis vs Joe Lider -
Joe comes out full of bandages from the cage match. First thing Joe does rip Psicosis' mask off and staple him. This is gonna get extreme soon. This was a good hardcore match, some sicks spots during the match. I was really hoping for more Psicosis than Nicho here, but both of them were great nonetheless. I hated that the match had a heel ref, this should have been Joe's big win, and unfortunately the ref makes a quick count for the finish. This was Psicosis' 12th time to scalp his opponent.

Hair vs Hair Match
Team Dorian Roldan (Jeff Jarrett W/ Karen Jarrett and Kurt Angle) vs Team Joaquin Roldan (Electroshock and L.A. Park) - 5/10
L.A. Park's predator attire...why? Anyway, Shock vs Angle really felt epic at first. This match is a mess, everyone is getting involved all over the place, there's beer and pop corn flying all over the place. This became Mexico vs US. I really hate that Joaquin Roldan gets involved in stoylines if he can't sell for shit, he should have pissed his pants when Abyss came out and chased him, but he simply walks back down the ramp, I even think he's worse than Dixie Carter. Also hated the ref here, he first attacks Jeff and Karen, then he helps them attack Park. Karen Jarrett had a bad beer bath during this match.

Aftermath - The right team won, but why was the point of the stipulation if they're gonna throw everything to the trash. Then we have the double swerve. I really hope this leads to Park and Shock turning on Joaquin later down the road.

AAA Megacampeonato Match
El Hijo del Perro Aguayo w/ Hector Garza and Taya Valkyrie vs El Mesias (c) w/ Cibernetico -
Valkyrie...SOOOO HOT! Perro being the heel here is soo over with the crowd, Mexico loves their rudos. I don't know if he screwed a blade or if it was an accident with the chair shot, but Perro was bleeding bad, people usually say Crimson Mask, here we had a Crimson Shirt!! Finish came after a really crappy spear, but i'll take it just because Perro had lost so much blood.

Aftermath - I knew there was a face/heel turn coming, but this is not the one I was expecting.

NOTES:

- This could be my imagination, but the production value is soo much better since last year's Triplemania.

RedSon

Re: Cero reviews AAA Triplemania XX

Post by RedSon » Sep 13th, '12, 18:08

gonna watch this on saturday, looking forward on that joe lider vs psicosis match!
The Man That Gravity Forgot!