2 Cents: The Miz on Commentary

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: The Miz on Commentary

Post by cero2k » Sep 4th, '12, 11:23

RAW saw the debut of The Miz in the commentary booth for the whole night replacing Lawler. Regardless of how much better was RAW without Lawler (IMO), what was your opinion on Miz's work on the announce table??

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: The Miz on Commentary

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 4th, '12, 15:24

I am about half way though the show, and he has been great so far.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 4th, '12, 20:15

I loved him on commentary. He was amazing. I can't really put my finger on what made him so great, but I loved every bit of him, even if the RAW itself was crappy.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 4th, '12, 20:37

Dislike.

I'm not a fan of having the heel doing Play by Play as it is, then add another heel in the Color spot... just not a good idea. I thought adding a third as a face might make things alright, but instead now I just hate Layla. I hope Vince fires somebody over the shit they made me listen to for the longest 10 minutes of my life on Monday night.

Beyond all that, I can see why they tried it and it was worth a shot, but I don't think it's Miz's niche. He was good at times, but to me sounded too over the top (forcing it) for the most part. Definitely not a natural in the booth, like I'd consider Punk, Regal, or Barrett. Better than Booker T, though!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 4th, '12, 20:55

Bob-O wrote:Dislike.

I'm not a fan of having the heel doing Play by Play as it is, then add another heel in the Color spot... just not a good idea. I thought adding a third as a face might make things alright, but instead now I just hate Layla. I hope Vince fires somebody over the s**t they made me listen to for the longest 10 minutes of my life on Monday night.
i would normally agree with this, but in this case, Cole did a quick turn and acted mostly face during the night.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 4th, '12, 21:35

cero2k wrote:
Bob-O wrote:Dislike.

I'm not a fan of having the heel doing Play by Play as it is, then add another heel in the Color spot... just not a good idea. I thought adding a third as a face might make things alright, but instead now I just hate Layla. I hope Vince fires somebody over the s**t they made me listen to for the longest 10 minutes of my life on Monday night.
i would normally agree with this, but in this case, Cole did a quick turn and acted mostly face during the night.
Yeah. I was very impressed with Cole's ability to be the babyface, but not seem out of character at all. He felt like the same Michael Cole from last week, but not having to take the heel's side all of the time just for the sake of arguing when Lawler picks fights.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Sep 4th, '12, 23:01

He definitely works as a color commentator. Pair him with Matthews and it'd be better.
Lady Luck is smiling...

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Sep 11th, '12, 14:03

he was spot on (except for the divas match). he has a future in the booth
The Man That Gravity Forgot!