All Time... Best Crowd

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
Bob-O

Re: All Time... Best Crowd

Post by Bob-O » Aug 30th, '12, 22:53

cero2k wrote:depending on the arenas, heels may still get piss thrown at them.
:ymsick: Too far! Too far!

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 1st, '12, 07:51

Guys, I think every single person here should invest in buying IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational 2004, at least Night 1. You want to see the best crowd? This is the reason why I even started this thread. Look at the lineup for JUST the first round (and remember this was back in 2004):

Samoa Joe vs. Roderick Strong (the specific match with the best crowd I have ever seen for a match)
Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli
Chris Sabin vs. Rainman
Danny Daniels vs. Todd Sexton
AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave
Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) vs. Sal Rinauro
Super Dragon vs. Arik Cannon
Petey Williams vs. BJ Whitmer
Chris Hero vs. Mike Quackenbush (a match EVERY wrestling fan should watch)
Nate Webb vs. Hallowicked
CM Punk vs. Austin Aries (weird, huh?)
Bryan Danielson vs. Alex Shelly

Night 1 also has Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious in a ladder match for the IWA-MS Light Heavyweight Title

BUY THIS TOURNAMENT! Most of it has Punk on commentary, too.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 1st, '12, 19:20

yourcrapsweak wrote:Guys, I think every single person here should invest in buying IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational 2004, at least Night 1. You want to see the best crowd? This is the reason why I even started this thread. Look at the lineup for JUST the first round (and remember this was back in 2004):

Samoa Joe vs. Roderick Strong (the specific match with the best crowd I have ever seen for a match)
Chris Sabin vs. Rainman
AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave

Night 1 also has Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious in a ladder match for the IWA-MS Light Heavyweight Title

I actually bought it a few days ago. I am going to try to finish it by the end of labor day.

Is it weird that the match I am most excited for is Sabin vs. Chavis? I think those two could have an awesome big-man little-man match.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 2nd, '12, 23:09

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:Guys, I think every single person here should invest in buying IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational 2004, at least Night 1. You want to see the best crowd? This is the reason why I even started this thread. Look at the lineup for JUST the first round (and remember this was back in 2004):

Chris Sabin vs. Rainman
AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave

I actually bought it a few days ago. I am going to try to finish it by the end of labor day.

Is it weird that the match I am most excited for is Sabin vs. Chavis? I think those two could have an awesome big-man little-man match.
Considering I've seen it, yes lol. I won't spoil much but let's just say Kory Chavis has come a long way.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '12, 23:18

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

Chris Sabin vs. Rainman
AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave

Considering I've seen it, yes lol. I won't spoil much but let's just say Kory Chavis has come a long way.
I just started watching Night 1. This show is f*cking LONG! THREE DISCS?! That's nuts!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 3rd, '12, 09:06

Big Red Machine wrote:I just started watching Night 1. This show is f*cking LONG! THREE DISCS?! That's nuts!
Yeah it's about four hours. It's gonna take a few good sittings. And Night 2 is about five hours.

And by the way, just as a warning, there's gonna be something in the Dragon/Cannon match that you're gonna HATE. When you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.
-Kevin Steen

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Sep 11th, '12, 13:56

i'm between chicago, new york, and philly.

my problem with ny is that only the small shows tend to get good crowds, there's so many people that big wwe shows will get good and bad mixed together
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 8th, '13, 16:18

I'm only about three matches in, but I think that the crowd at TNA Hardcore War 2006 (their Philly debut show, which took place at the Arena) might be the best crowd of all time. They are hot for absolutely everything.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 8th, '13, 20:32

Philly; they FORCE you to entertain them. ECW esp; the promotion just seemed so intimate that the crowd really WAS a part of the show. I think Todd Gordon or Simon Diamond (dammit, BRM, now every time I say 'Simon Diamond' I think of what you said in your Hardcore War review and chuckle to myself) says it in Forever Hardcore: they were like the crowd at a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Also, even tho they were fans, other fans knew Hat Guy, those two guys who were almost always with Hat Guy, the jerk with the T-Rex toy, and there's a guy who had SUPER thick glasses.