BRM Reviews WWE SummerSlam 2012

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWE SummerSlam 2012

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '12, 00:19

WWE SummerSlam 2012 (8/19/2012)- Los Angeles, CA

Pre-Show:
WWE UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Santino Marella(c) vs. Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana)- 4/10.
I wasn’t happy with the story they told (the puppet is not what makes the cobra work!) but they told it well.

TRIPLE H MAKES HIS MATCH WITH LESNAR NO DQ'S- good segment.

CHRIS JERICHO vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/Vickie Guerrero)- 7/10
Great opener

PAUL HEYMAN PROMO ON BEHALF OF BROCK LESNAR- awesome

DANIEL BRYAN vs. KANE- 6.25/10

KANE GOES NUTS BACKSTAGE- Kane & Striker were good. The extras were bad. They should have been fleeing in terror from an angry Big Red Monster.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: The Miz(c) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.- 6.5/10

CM PUNK & AJ BACKSTAGE- lame. Punk is still whining about having to defend his belt in a Triple Threat Match.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Sheamus(c) vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)- 5/10
This was going great… until the moronic finish! The heel tries to cheat but the monster babyface winds up with the (ultra-lame) weapon and uses it instead. Then the babyface hits a big move and pins the heel but the heel gets his foot on the rope… but the ref doesn’t see it, and the babyface knocks the heel’s foot off the rope before the ref can see it and realize his mistake. So now out big monster babyface champion has cheated to retain the title. He is a monster babyface! He shouldn’t need to cheat and he certainly shouldn’t be getting wins via BS like the ref not seeing the heel’s foot on the rope! Seriously. What sort of f*cked up booking is that?

WWE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth(c) vs. The Primetime Players (Darren Young & Titus O’Neil)- 5.25/10
A “KOBE BRYANT!” chant? Really, LA? Really?

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE TITLE: CM Punk(c) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show- 8/10
Awesome match. They told a great story here, and set up for Cena to have a title shot next month at Night of Champions. Personally, though, I don’t get why they restarted the match with Show involved. Show tapped. Why should be allowed back in the match. Just declare the match a draw and immediately order a match between Punk and Cena (or they could just have the title held up, setting up a match between Punk and Cena and Night of Champions).

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman)- 9.25/10
THIS WAS F*CKING AWESOME! Absolutely AMAZING storytelling.

Overall, an awesome show from WWE, that had the potential to be even better if not for the incomprehensibly dumb booking of the World Heavyweight Title match.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Matt Striker (on the pre-show)- “wise to kick away the cobra. Where does that leave Santino’s offense?”
Matt, you are aware that it is just a hand-puppet, right? Either that, or Striker is insinuating that the puppet is loaded.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews WWE SummerSlam 2012

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '12, 10:32

Big Red Machine wrote:
WWE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth(c) vs. The Primetime Players (Darren Young & Titus O’Neil)- 5.25/10
see, LA thinks it's a joke too :P. I think the wrong team went over here.
Big Red Machine wrote: TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE TITLE: CM Punk(c) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show- 8/10
Awesome match. They told a great story here, and set up for Cena to have a title shot next month at Night of Champions. Personally, though, I don’t get why they restarted the match with Show involved. Show tapped. Why should be allowed back in the match. Just declare the match a draw and immediately order a match between Punk and Cena (or they could just have the title held up, setting up a match between Punk and Cena and Night of Champions).
i agree that show should have been kicked out of the match, but with the finish, i understand why he was needed. holding up the title would mean that Punk lost his title, thus killing his streak, at this point, it's more important to keep that streak and the title on Punk than make a reasonable booking decision.
Big Red Machine wrote: NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman)- 9.25/10
THIS WAS F*CKING AWESOME! Absolutely AMAZING storytelling.
i was honestly surprised by the lack of back up that trips got for this match, no steph, no hbk, no vince, no one. even the people crapped on him. Suddenly the LA fans want to become Chicago.

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews WWE SummerSlam 2012

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '12, 11:54

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
see, LA thinks it's a joke too :P. I think the wrong team went over here.
Definitely agree that the wrong team won. This was PTP's night. The crowd was more into them than I have heard the crowd be into any tag team in WWE in a while.
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE TITLE: CM Punk(c) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show- 8/10
i agree that show should have been kicked out of the match, but with the finish, i understand why he was needed. holding up the title would mean that Punk lost his title, thus killing his streak, at this point, it's more important to keep that streak and the title on Punk than make a reasonable booking decision.
There were other ways to do it. You could call the match a draw and have Punk retain that way. You could have had Punk and Cena fight to a double count-out or something. I agree that it doesn't make Punk look as strong, but I don't think that matters as much if Punk beats Cena at Night of Champions.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3