BRM Reviews PWG 2nd Anniversary Show: Night 1

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews PWG 2nd Anniversary Show: Night 1

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '12, 21:11

PWG 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza: Night 1 (7/9/2005)- Los Angeles, CA

DAVEY RICHARDS vs. SHANNON BALLARD- 6.75/10
A great opener that really showed that this Davey Richards kid had potential

HOOK BOMBERRY & TOP GUN TALWAR (w/Piaso Catorce) vs. LOS LUCHAS (Phoenix Star & Zokre)- 5/10
Not much here, and there was one spot of just blatant interference in this match that should resulted in a DQ.

JOEY RYAN vs. MR. EXCITEMENT- 6/10

PETEY WILLIAMS vs. RICKY REYES- 6.5/10

SIX MAN ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH: El Generico, Human Tonado, & Super Dragon vs. The New SBS (Kevin Steen, Disco Machine, & Excalibur)- 6.75/10

CLIPS OF THE AFTERMATH- great, although I wish we could have seen the whole thing, rather than just clips

TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Christopher Daniels(c) vs. Chris Sabin- 6/10

NO DISQUALIFICATION TITLES VS. MASKS MATCH FOR THE PWG WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: Arrogance(c) vs. the Aerial Xpress (w/Dino Winwood)- 7.5/10
GREAT match. Dino powerbombing Joey was a great moment, too.

AFTERMATH- AMAZING! One of those moments where you legitimately HATE the heel

PWG WORLD TITLE MATCH: AJ Styles(c) vs. Frankie Kazarian- 7.75/10
Great match, but I’m really not sure why they didn’t have AJ go over if Kaz was leaving for WWE.

Overall, a very good show from PWG.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews PWG 2nd Anniversary Show: Night 1

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 24th, '12, 22:58

Big Red Machine wrote:PWG WORLD TITLE MATCH: AJ Styles(c) vs. Frankie Kazarian- 7.75/10
Great match, but I’m really not sure why they didn’t have AJ go over if Kaz was leaving for WWE.
He was already in WWE I think and planning on leaving. But even so, PWG is known to do stuff like that (Dragon winning the title from Hero in his last match before going to WWE).
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews PWG 2nd Anniversary Show: Night 1

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 25th, '12, 06:47

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:PWG WORLD TITLE MATCH: AJ Styles(c) vs. Frankie Kazarian- 7.75/10
He was already in WWE I think and planning on leaving. But even so, PWG is known to do stuff like that (Dragon winning the title from Hero in his last match before going to WWE).
Dragon winning the belt from Hero was more of a "thank you" to Dragon. And, at the time, I don't think Kaz had requested his release yet.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3