Did you know...Camacho

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
cero2k
Site Admin

Did you know...Camacho

Post by cero2k » May 8th, '12, 13:31

the cholo who rides Hunico's bike...is Haku's son??

cuz i just found out :-?

Earth Child

Re: Did you know...Camacho

Post by Earth Child » May 8th, '12, 17:33

Haku as in Meng?

Did not know this!

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 8th, '12, 18:55

I heard about this a while back

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 9th, '12, 09:05

badnewzxl wrote:I heard about this a while back
I vaguely remember hearing about them hiring Haku's son. Did not know that man is Camacho! Cool!

Especially since the whole time I watched his match last Friday I kept saying to myself, 'No way is he Mexican. No way, not buying it...'

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » May 9th, '12, 12:31

You kidding me?

They hire the son of Meng, and they have him dressed as a cholo riding a bike for one of the least over wrestlers I've ever seen?

CORNETTE, WHERE ARE YOU?

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 10th, '12, 20:30

kiel297 wrote:You kidding me?

They hire the son of Meng, and they have him dressed as a cholo riding a bike for one of the least over wrestlers I've ever seen?

CORNETTE, WHERE ARE YOU?
"least over?" That's an exaggeration. Hunico gets plenty of boos, esp for a wrestler at his level.

And it's not like Creative has any...well, CREATIVE ideas for anyone, esp not any Samoans. They can't even figure out how to put the titles on their longest active tag team.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 10th, '12, 23:44

badnewzxl wrote:

CORNETTE, WHERE ARE YOU?
"least over?" That's an exaggeration. Hunico gets plenty of boos, esp for a wrestler at his level.

And it's not like Creative has any...well, CREATIVE ideas for anyone, esp not any Samoans. They can't even figure out how to put the titles on their longest active tag team.
I think Hunico just gets boos because no one wants to see him. Admittedly, that's why I dislike the character. Which is too bad because he's a good wrestler. He doesn't get enough of anything for people to really care.

And I don't think Creative knows how to put titles on ANY tag teams. They have to put them on two guys that probably did better as singles wrestlers, and one who's most successful gimmick of late has been talking to an imaginary friend...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 11th, '12, 02:47

Serujuunin wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:

CORNETTE, WHERE ARE YOU?

I think Hunico just gets boos because no one wants to see him. Admittedly, that's why I dislike the character. Which is too bad because he's a good wrestler. He doesn't get enough of anything for people to really care.

And I don't think Creative knows how to put titles on ANY tag teams. They have to put them on two guys that probably did better as singles wrestlers, and one who's most successful gimmick of late has been talking to an imaginary friend...
I don't think that's true bc when he wrestles, he gets a lot of gasps and reactions when he pulls off moves. I think the ppl boo him bc he's a heel; I don't see how anybody would just want him off the screen....except maybe bc of the bike, lol. Of course not many ppl care, but that's them being indifferent, not hating his guts and wanting him off the tv (like Miz, Cena, and Ace get from a lot of folks).

Your second point is true, but the very same thing could have been said about the New Age Outlawz, the APA, the Kings of Wrestling, Styles & Daniels, Beer Money, RVD & Sabu, the Outsiders, the Brainbusters, Owen & Bulldogg, and many others before they actual had their run as a team. It could work out....

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » May 11th, '12, 11:01

badnewzxl wrote: I don't think that's true bc when he wrestles, he gets a lot of gasps and reactions when he pulls off moves. I think the ppl boo him bc he's a heel; I don't see how anybody would just want him off the screen....except maybe bc of the bike, lol. Of course not many ppl care, but that's them being indifferent, not hating his guts and wanting him off the tv (like Miz, Cena, and Ace get from a lot of folks).
Yes but Hunico wrestles on Smackdown, where it's almost guaranteed that 75% of the crowd noise has been edited in during post-production. I personally think he's a good wrestler, but his gimmick is just so played out that I don't want to see it during my wrestling show. I do not care for yet another Mexican packaged as a cholo. Not only that but the man very rarely gets time to talk. There is no reason for me to care about that character, because what he does in the ring, while good, doesn't stand out to me, as opposed to guys like Tyson Kidd or Dolph Ziggler.

And who in their right mind gives Miz x-pac heat? They'd have to be insane. The man is gold.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 11th, '12, 11:31

badnewzxl wrote: Your second point is true, but the very same thing could have been said about the New Age Outlawz, the APA, the Kings of Wrestling, Styles & Daniels, Beer Money, RVD & Sabu, the Outsiders, the Brainbusters, Owen & Bulldogg, and many others before they actual had their run as a team. It could work out....
Except that all of those teams (aside from AJ and Daniels and Owen and Bulldog) stayed together for a long time (and in the cases of Owen and Bulldog, AJ and Daniels, and the Outsiders, it was believable that they would just team up because they are well-known to be good friends outside of the ring). What WWE has done with their tag team titles recently has been take two singles wrestlers, put the belts on them, and then not have them team together after they lose them (Dashingly Sinister, Koz-Marella, Otunga & McGillicutty, Kane & Big Show every damn time they put the belts on those two). It's either that or the put the belts on a team, the have them break up and feud the minute they lose the belts (Show-Miz, Jeri-Show, Dashingly Sinister, The Hart Dynasty, Miz & Morrison, The Colons...). Tag teams in WWE are formed randomly, without explanation, and usually either break up or just disappear immediately after losing the belts.
In WWE, two guys start teaming up randomly, for no on-screen reason whatsoever. In TNA it usually has some sort of logic or story behind it like Anderson & Jeff in 2010 or Kaz and Daniels now. Even when TNA just throws guys together, it feels like it is being done in an attempt to bolster the tag team division (like Ink Inc. or the short-lived Steiner & Crimson). In WWE it feels like they found some midcard singles guys who weren't doing anything and decided to put the tag belts on them so that they would have something to do. The difference in these two approaches speaks volumes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 11th, '12, 12:18

kiel297 wrote:
badnewzxl wrote: I don't think that's true bc when he wrestles, he gets a lot of gasps and reactions when he pulls off moves. I think the ppl boo him bc he's a heel; I don't see how anybody would just want him off the screen....except maybe bc of the bike, lol. Of course not many ppl care, but that's them being indifferent, not hating his guts and wanting him off the tv (like Miz, Cena, and Ace get from a lot of folks).
Yes but Hunico wrestles on Smackdown, where it's almost guaranteed that 75% of the crowd noise has been edited in during post-production. I personally think he's a good wrestler, but his gimmick is just so played out that I don't want to see it during my wrestling show. I do not care for yet another Mexican packaged as a cholo. Not only that but the man very rarely gets time to talk. There is no reason for me to care about that character, because what he does in the ring, while good, doesn't stand out to me, as opposed to guys like Tyson Kidd or Dolph Ziggler.
This was my point. He doesn't get over because he's not given the time to get himself over as a heel. As is the case with so many of the guys on the roster. Which is why most of the fans don't care.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 11th, '12, 14:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote: Your second point is true, but the very same thing could have been said about the New Age Outlawz, the APA, the Kings of Wrestling, Styles & Daniels, Beer Money, RVD & Sabu, the Outsiders, the Brainbusters, Owen & Bulldogg, and many others before they actual had their run as a team. It could work out....
Except that all of those teams (aside from AJ and Daniels and Owen and Bulldog) stayed together for a long time (and in the cases of Owen and Bulldog, AJ and Daniels, and the Outsiders, it was believable that they would just team up because they are well-known to be good friends outside of the ring). What WWE has done with their tag team titles recently has been take two singles wrestlers, put the belts on them, and then not have them team together after they lose them (Dashingly Sinister, Koz-Marella, Otunga & McGillicutty, Kane & Big Show every damn time they put the belts on those two). It's either that or the put the belts on a team, the have them break up and feud the minute they lose the belts (Show-Miz, Jeri-Show, Dashingly Sinister, The Hart Dynasty, Miz & Morrison, The Colons...). Tag teams in WWE are formed randomly, without explanation, and usually either break up or just disappear immediately after losing the belts.
In WWE, two guys start teaming up randomly, for no on-screen reason whatsoever. In TNA it usually has some sort of logic or story behind it like Anderson & Jeff in 2010 or Kaz and Daniels now. Even when TNA just throws guys together, it feels like it is being done in an attempt to bolster the tag team division (like Ink Inc. or the short-lived Steiner & Crimson). In WWE it feels like they found some midcard singles guys who weren't doing anything and decided to put the tag belts on them so that they would have something to do. The difference in these two approaches speaks volumes.
Exactly, they'd been together for a long time; so lets give this team of Truth and Kofi some time. They just started teaming up. I understand being skeptical, but we haven't really even given them time to show what they can do as a team. Someone said they're better off as singles guys; How? NEITHER guy is gonna hold anything but a midcard title and both of them have had those titles. I think having them tag at this point is EASILY the best option.
Serujuunin wrote:
kiel297 wrote:
This was my point. He doesn't get over because he's not given the time to get himself over as a heel. As is the case with so many of the guys on the roster. Which is why most of the fans don't care.
I see what you guys are saying, but what was said originally about Hunico was that ppl just want him off their tv and I don't think that's true. Folks may not care what happens in his matches, but they don't LOATHE him like ppl loathe Vickie, Cole, Miz, etc; those guys get legit heat while Hunico gets booed bc he's the heel. And the both of you guys should watch on Superstars when he wrestles; he gets on the mic before every match.

Furthermore, I don't get why ppl hate the cholo gimmick so much; there's only been a small handful of "cholos" in wrestling (Hunico, Camacho, Konnan, Hernendez, and Anarquia). There's been WAAAY more masked luchadores come through, yet no one ever complains about that.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 11th, '12, 14:41

badnewzxl wrote:I see what you guys are saying, but what was said originally about Hunico was that ppl just want him off their tv and I don't think that's true. Folks may not care what happens in his matches, but they don't LOATHE him like ppl loathe Vickie, Cole, Miz, etc; those guys get legit heat while Hunico gets booed bc he's the heel. And the both of you guys should watch on Superstars when he wrestles; he gets on the mic before every match.

Furthermore, I don't get why ppl hate the cholo gimmick so much; there's only been a small handful of "cholos" in wrestling (Hunico, Camacho, Konnan, Hernendez, and Anarquia). There's been WAAAY more masked luchadores come through, yet no one ever complains about that.
I watch Superstars every week lol. And when I say that I want him off my TV, it's not because I hate him, it's because I feel like the time could be used for someone else, or something else. If they built him up a bit more, I wouldn't feel the same. I can't say for others, though I feel like people don't want to see him because he has no heat or character or whatever. I'm likely just doing a crappy job of explaining myself.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 11th, '12, 16:42

badnewzxl wrote:
Exactly, they'd been together for a long time; so lets give this team of Truth and Kofi some time. They just started teaming up. I understand being skeptical, but we haven't really even given them time to show what they can do as a team. Someone said they're better off as singles guys; How? NEITHER guy is gonna hold anything but a midcard title and both of them have had those titles. I think having them tag at this point is EASILY the best option.
this. just consider that this team had to be created because Air Boom was pretty much forced to break up with Bourne's time out, otherwise we've be talking about a team with some history now, with a name, with double team moves.

we could probably assume the same thing for awesome truth, Truth got suspended so they broke up, but that team could have gone longer.

in both these cases, the teams were not just random, awesome truth had a whole storyline behind their union.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » May 11th, '12, 19:01

Big Red Machine wrote:

Oh how we long for the days of the late 80s in the WWF. They were OVERLOADED with tag teams who were actual tag teams. And they dressed the same. A hallmark of the Tag Team

The Killer Bees
The Young Stallions
The Rougeau Brothers
The Hart Foundation
The British Bulldogs
The Bolsheviks
Demolition
Strike Force - I guess
The Islanders (HEY, Haku)