BRM Reviews ROH SoCal Showdown

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews ROH SoCal Showdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 15th, '11, 17:08

ROH SoCal Showdown (1/29/2010)- Los Angeles, CA

COLT CABANA & EL GENERICO vs. SCOTT LOST & SCORPIO SKY- 5.5/10

ANYTHING GOES MATCH: Necro Butcher vs. Erick Stevens- 4/10. They brawl for a bit, then Necro gets a win with a roll-up after Joey Ryan accidentally hits Stevens with a stop sign meant for Necro. Then the Embassy beats Necro down. This finish helped no one, and didn’t advance any sort of angle in any way.

PICK 6 SERIES MATCH: Roderick Strong(6) vs. Delirious- 7/10

PICK 6 SERIES MATCH: Tyler Black(5) vs. Joey Ryan- 7.5/10

JERRY LYNN vs. KENNY KING- 6.75/10. Joe Dombrowski saying that Lynn was playing possum seems WAY off to me. I am okay with the finish, but not crazy about it.

KEVIN STEEN PROMO- Great

PICK 6 SERIES MATCH: Kevin Steen(2) vs. Human Tornado- 7/10.
Prazak (right after Human Tornado hit House Party)- “How could the referee fall for that?! Has he not seen any previous Human Tornado matches?!”

JUSHIN “THUNDER” LIGER vs. AUSTIN ARIES- 8/10.

THE YOUNG BUCKS & THE BRISCOE BROTHERS vs. THE AMERICAN WOLVES & THE KINGS OF WRESTLING- 8.75/10

WRESTLE-REUNION BONUS MATCH: Scott Taylor vs. Larry Zbyszko with Johnny Fairplay as Special Guest Referee- DUD! Moronic waste of time that the fans (rightfully) crapped all over. Then Scottie went for the worm on Fairplay, but gets interrupted by a Bulldog from Cabana who then hits… well… you can’t really call it a worm, but it was an attempt at one on Scottie, the gives Fairplay a stinkface.

Overall, an awesome show from ROH, with nearly everything on the card being main event quality of better, and an absolutely awesome main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews ROH SoCal Showdown

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 15th, '11, 17:26

Well of course it was awesome, half of the show was PWG guys! And you say you don't like PWG...
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 15th, '11, 21:56

yourcrapsweak wrote:Well of course it was awesome, half of the show was PWG guys! And you say you don't like PWG...
I like the guys, not the promotion. And a lot of the guys who are only PWG guys didn't really impress me (Tornado doesn't count, because we know he is always awesome).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 15th, '11, 22:16

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:Well of course it was awesome, half of the show was PWG guys! And you say you don't like PWG...
I like the guys, not the promotion. And a lot of the guys who are only PWG guys didn't really impress me (Tornado doesn't count, because we know he is always awesome).
you should look up more Scott Lost, i recommend

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 16th, '11, 06:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
I know what you mean, like Hardcore Kid and Ronin and stuff. But the newer guys like Willie Mack are really impressive. He had an awesome match with Hero at BOLA this year.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen