BRM Reviews the 10/15/2011 Episode of ROH

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/15/2011 Episode of ROH

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '11, 16:43

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH FOR THE ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: The Briscoe Brothers vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus)- 6.25/10

WGTT PROMO- Good, I guess. It builds up to Final Battle.

JIM CORNETTE SEGMENT- Eh. The intent of this was to find a way to punish the Briscoes for cheating, but to also find a way to not reward ANX (they couldn’t give either team the title shot yet so that they could put it on the line at Death Before Dishonor IX). I didn’t like this. Essentially, what we have here is a game of “He-said, She-said.” The Briscoes claim the low blow was inadvertent, ANX says it was purposeful. The Briscoes are lying, cheating heels. We all know that they are full of sh*t… but we can’t prove it. If they are going to say that the ref’s decision is final (and they did, as Cornette said that the Briscoes are officially the winners… which is good, because instant replay is a can of worms that pro wrestling should never open [although Evolve might be able to make it work])… then the stip should be honored as well, as you have no grounds on which to punish the Briscoes.
Also, hilariously, the expression that Cornette used to imply that the Briscoes were lying was “as full of crap as a Christmas turkey,” which might be the funniest misstatement I’ve heard in a while.

TRUTH MARTINI HYPE- Good stuff

EDDIE EDWARDS vs. MICHAEL ELGIN (w/Truth Martini)- 7.75/10.

AFTERMATH- Nothing special, but it looks like it might be leading to a return to the ring for Nigel McGuinness.

Overall, a good episode of ROH TV. One thing I am noticing about these shows is that they feel very empty. It feels like there is a lot of padding, and like not a lot actually goes on.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3