Former wXw champion Absolute Andy passes away at 40 years old

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Former wXw champion Absolute Andy passes away at 40 years old

Post by cero2k » Nov 25th, '23, 16:46

Src: https://www.f4wonline.com/news/indies/f ... -years-old

German wrestler Absolute Andy (Andreas Ullmann) has passed away after a long battle with an illness.

wXw issued a statement on Saturday announcing that Andy passed away on November 23 with his wife by his side. He was 40 years old.

German wrestler Absolute Andy (Andreas Ullmann) has passed away after a long battle with an illness.

wXw issued a statement on Saturday announcing that Andy passed away on November 23 with his wife by his side. He was 40 years old.

Andy was a decorated champion during his wXw career, holding their World Championship twice, Shotgun Championship once, and Tag Team titles five times. He also won wXw's 16 Carat Gold tournament in 2018.

"We wish his family and friends lots of strength at this time and ask you to give them the necessary distance until we can all say a farewell to Andy together in the wXw ring with the respect he deserves," wXw said in their statement.

Andy began his career in 2003 and last wrestled in 2022. wXw listed Bryan Danielson, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jeff Jarrett, Gunther, Ilja Dragunov, and Malakai Black as some of the standout opponents Andy got to face in his more than 330 matches for the promotion.

Dragunov posted the following tribute: "No words. This is a sad day. Thank you for everything Andy."

Gunther sent out a tribute thanking Andy for everything.

"Im speechless," Black wrote. "Rest easy my friend."

"Absolute Andy was one of my favorite parts about my time in Europe," Allison Danger shared. "His kindness towards me, first sharing a locker room to becoming a friend, lead to some memorable moments over the years. All my love to his family and his wXw family."

"I can't wrap my head around this and I don't know if I will anytime soon," Jurn Simmons wrote. "So many of us talk about Andy already, how much he has impacted us and how much we miss having him on shows. I feel honored having spent as much time with him as I did and I hope he knew how loved he was."

"So sad to hear this. He was a larger than life personality and a locker room leader," Leon St. Giovanni tweeted. "You can still feel the impression he left on the wXw roster because of [how] much everyone still talks about him. My love goes out to his family and friends. RIP to the legend, Absolute Andy"

Big Red Machine

Re: Former wXw champion Absolute Andy passes away at 40 years old

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 26th, '23, 23:34

Very sad news. RIP.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3