Indie promotions unable to stream El Hijo del Vikingo matches due to AAA policy

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Indie promotions unable to stream El Hijo del Vikingo matches due to AAA policy

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '22, 23:30

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/indies/i ... aaa-policy

Vikingo will make his GCW debut against Blake Christian this Friday.

Joseph Currier
9 hours ago

While El Hijo del Vikingo is now able to wrestle in the United States, independent promotions aren't currently able to stream his matches.

Game Changer Wrestling noted today that, per Lucha Libre AAA guidelines, GCW will not be able to stream Vikingo's match against Blake Christian at its Amerikaz Most Wanted show this Friday (December 16). The match is Vikingo's GCW debut.

The rest of Amerikaz Most Wanted will air on Fite+ as scheduled.

"Per AAA Guidelines, Vikingos match will not be streamed," GCW tweeted. "This policy will cover *ALL* of Vikingo's independent bookings and is in effect until further notice."

Lucha Blog added: "I have been told this policy expands to VOD too, but I haven't heard that confirmed from promoters yet."

Vikingo is the current AAA Mega Champion. This October, Sports Illustrated confirmed that Vikingo has secured a work visa to wrestle in the U.S.

“I first need to thank my home, AAA, and my friends from Masked Republic for making my dream of traveling to the United States possible,” Vikingo told Sports Illustrated. “I know it is a great responsibility to head to a new country. It is a responsibility I will live up to and surpass.”

Vikingo wrestled at AAA's show in Arizona earlier this month, teaming with Penta El Zero M in a tag team match against Daga & Flip Gordon.

Vikingo has been announced as one of the entrants for PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2023, which is taking place in January.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3