BRM Reviews the 1/13/2022 NXT UK (WALTER's Last Stand)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/13/2022 NXT UK (WALTER's Last Stand)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 21st, '22, 12:06

#1 CONTENDERSHIP TOURNAMENT OPENING ROUND MATCH: Jack Starz & Dave Mastiff vs. Die Familie (Teoman & Rohan Raja) (w/Charlie Dempsey)- 6.5/10
Dempsey got involved on the outside. Gallus eventually came out, distracting him and Teoman, allowing Raja to get pinned by Mastiff with a Bridging German Suplex. The two trios brawled afterwards.

A MILLION VIDEO PACKGES AIRED- One on WALTER, on Meiko vs. Davenport, and one on Ilja vs. Devlin. Okay, so maybe just three, but it felt like a million. The news is the Ilja vs. Devlin has been signed for two weeks from today.

AMALE vs. STEVIE TURNER- 4.25/10
Jinny was on commentary for this match. She disapproves of Ameele trying to “expose” her past to get sympathy. She called Turner a “low-rate cosplayer.” Andy Sheppard claimed that Amele “has been lauded as a fashion icon in France,” which outraged Jinny because “she shops in all the stores I wouldn’t even allow my housekeepers to go to.” Jinny is the best.
Amale won a dull match clean. The “Hope-Breaker” is a terrible name for a babyface’s finisher. Jinny vowed to crush Amele’s hope.

EARLIER THIS WEEK, PRETTY DEADLY INTERRUPTED A SID SCALA INTERVIEW- fine
They’re upset with Sam Gradwell for insulting them. Sid books them against Sam Gradwell and a partner of his choice for next week. They are happy about this because Gradwell has no friends.

A-KID VS. NOAM DAR VIDEO PACKAGE- good
I don’t really buy that A-Kid would be so “lost” if he doesn’t win the Heritage Cup back. We’ve just seen no evidence of this.

JINNY INTERRUPTS AMALE’S POST-MATCH INTERVIEW- fine
Jinny calls Amale “weak” and “fragile.” Amele snapped and shoved her and started screaming in her very heelish high pitch. They were separated by security. I think I heard Amale get a “F*CK YOU!” past the censors.

WALTER vs. NATHAN FRASIER- 8/10
Standard “big vs. small” stuff, with Frasier working over WALTER’s knee and using his athleticism to counter the powerbomb until WALTER finally hit him with it to get the win.

This was a very good episode of NXT UK. The WALTER video packages throughout did a good job of adding to the atmosphere of the “WALTER’s Last Stand” tagline, but I would have liked to actually here something from WALTER about why he had chosen to go to NXT USA.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3