BRM Reviews the 2/17/2011 Episode of Impact (just awful)

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/17/2011 Episode of Impact (just awful)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '11, 03:54

NO! WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH THEM? HARDY vs. RVD FOR FREE? REALLY? WITH NO HYPE? YOU MORONS! THAT SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN EVENT AT LOCKDOWN! DON’T DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!
At least they came up with a kayfabe reason for it, though.

OPENING SEGMENT- How the hell can Bischoff claim that Terry & Gunnar & Murphy were the better athletes when the LOST THE MATCH CLEANLY? The Bischoff-Flair stuff was okay.

JARRETTS VIDEO PACKAGE- OKAY! THE JARRETTS ARE SELF-ABSORBED ASSHOLES! WE GET IT! ENOUGH WITH DUMB, WASTE OF TIME VIDEO PACKAGES!

HERNANDEZ vs. DOUG WILLIAMS- Squash, but the Knockout’s brawl was good. Doug Williams should not be getting squashed. If you want to squash someone, use Shark Boy or Orlando Jordan. Taz & Tenay managed to COMPLETELY IGNORE Hernandez’s extremely racially charged comments from Against All Odds. You’d think that this would be the sort of thing that a commentator would comment on.

JOE-POPE SEGMENT- Dumb.

TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Kazarian(c) vs. Robbie E. (w/Cookie)- 3/10.
TRACI BROOKS! BTW, I totally forgot how large her cans are. Those things have one hell of a lot of bounce in them. I would make a Bentley Bounce joke, but I guess it would be the Frankie Bounce now.

More dumb “icing” sh*t with Flair and Fortune. This segment was a waste of time.

AJ STYLES vs. MATT HARDY- 4.5/10. Saw the Flair turn coming. AJ shouldn’t have been pinned that quickly. He only took four moves! And THIS is your golden boy?

JARRETTS SEGMENT- antoher waste of time. And TNA… either the Jarretts know that the camera is there, and thus should be playing to it… or they don’t, and you are knowingly airing creepy stalker footage.

ANDERSON-BISCHOFF SEGMENT- Once they got done with the stupid “ASSHOLE!” thing, this was very good.

TBP & WINTER BACKSTAGE- great.
THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE vs. SARITA & ROSITA- 4/10
Post-match stuff. Sarita lost her accent mid-promo. As for the stip: THIS is why you don’t devalue your stips! We have had two people who have been forced to retire come back in the last six months! Why should we believe that Velvet will stay retired if she loses.

MORE WASTE OF TIME BS FROM THE JARRETTS

MADISON-TARA SEGMENT- Well… now we know who the challenger will be. Way to spoil what could have been a great surprise, TNA.

JARRETTS-ANGLE BS-dumb.

TAZ-BUBBA CONFRONTATION- DO IT, BUBBA! Give that idiot what he deserves! SMACK TENAY RIGHT ACROSS THE FACE! SLAP THE TASTE OUT OF HIS STUPID MOUTH! THIS IS THE MOMENT OF MY VENGEANCE!
This was a good segment (but it would have been a lot better had Bubba beaten the crap out of Taz & Tenay, because then we wouldn’t have to listen to them anymore.

TNA WORLD TITLE MATCH w/Mr. Anderson as Special Guest Referee: Jeff Hardy(c) vs. RVD- 7/10. The only good thing on this show, and it was just barely acceptable as a main event. They are obviously building to RVD vs. Anderson vs. Hardy at Victory Road.

This episode of Impact was absolutely atrocious.

Stupid Announcer Quotes:
1. Taz- “She’s kind of a crème de la crème girl. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds right”- General life tip, Taz: If you don’t know what something means… DON’T SAY IT!

2. Taz- “Both of these men faced each other just four days ago in a ladder match. A very physical one”- As opposed to what? A ladder matches where the two guys barely touch each other?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/17/2011 Episode of Impact (just awful)

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '11, 10:57

Big Red Machine wrote:
MADISON-TARA SEGMENT- Well… now we know who the challenger will be. Way to spoil what could have been a great surprise, TNA.
not sure if we're talking about the same person, but if rumors turn to be true, than no, people still don't know who the challenger will be. Rumors say it will be
Hidden text.
ODB

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '11, 13:38

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
not sure if we're talking about the same person, but if rumors turn to be true, than no, people still don't know who the challenger will be. Rumors say it will be
Hidden text.
ODB
Apparently we aren't. I was implying that it would be Tara, since that is what they are clearly building to with this Segment
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '11, 13:47

Big Red Machine wrote:
Apparently we aren't. I was implying that it would be Tara, since that is what they are clearly building to with this Segment
I imagine this is for the long term plan and eventually make it MJ vs Tara. that's why i was 99.99% sure MJ was getting the title from Rayne back in AAO, but i guess i was wrong...