Karrion Kross relinquishes NXT Championship due to injury

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Karrion Kross relinquishes NXT Championship due to injury

Post by cero2k » Aug 26th, '20, 19:15

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/karr ... ury-318601

The separated shoulder that Karrion Kross suffered at TakeOver XXX has forced him to vacate the NXT Championship.

After defeating Keith Lee to win the title in the main event of Saturday's TakeOver, Kross opened tonight's episode of NXT and revealed that he has to vacate the NXT Championship due to injury. Kross ended his promo by issuing a warning. He said this changes absolutely nothing and doomsday is still coming to NXT. Kross and Scarlett then left the NXT title belt in the ring with an hourglass.

Kross said he's in searing pain due to the injury, but he loves it and it brings him life. But Kross said he's a realist and knows that WWE won't let him defend the NXT Championship in this condition.

Triple H tweeted after tonight's opening segment: "A difficult moment for @WWEKarrionKross, but the greatest comebacks come from the harshest falls. @Lady_Scarlett13. The clock to the return starts...now. #TickTock #WWENXT"

WWE announced after TakeOver XXX that Kross suffered a separated acromioclavicular joint during his match against Lee and would be having an MRI done on Monday. Prior to getting the MRI, Kross had told ESPN that he didn't expect to miss significant time due to the injury.

ESPN wrote that the injury happened when Kross took a clothesline from Lee near the ropes and his shoulder took the brunt of Lee's momentum.

Big Red Machine

Re: Karrion Kross relinquishes NXT Championship due to injury

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '20, 20:28

How long will he be out for? Even if it's two months, there is definitely a way to work around it. Baslzer and Cole didn't defend their titles that often.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 27th, '20, 13:39

Makes you wonder, if he got injured during the match, WHY they JUST HAD TO go through with the quick title change anyways. 🤦‍♂️
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '20, 13:51

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 20:28 How long will he be out for? Even if it's two months, there is definitely a way to work around it. Baslzer and Cole didn't defend their titles that often.
so apparently more than one month. When it comes to Kross, I think it's best to no show him on camera with a sling, keep the 'unbeatable' monster persona alive as much as possible

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '20, 15:21

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 27th, '20, 13:39 Makes you wonder, if he got injured during the match, WHY they JUST HAD TO go through with the quick title change anyways. 🤦‍♂️
They didn't know how bad it was during the match

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Aug 28th, '20, 05:30

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 27th, '20, 15:21
KILLdozer wrote: Aug 27th, '20, 13:39 Makes you wonder, if he got injured during the match, WHY they JUST HAD TO go through with the quick title change anyways. 🤦‍♂️
Picture being a wrestler, you've got to weigh up calling your own loss on the fly because of an injury that might or might not be serious and either way likely taking some kind of heat OR you do as your told, finish how you're told if you can and let the company deal with the aftermath.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 28th, '20, 09:30

XIV wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 05:30
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 27th, '20, 15:21
Picture being a wrestler, you've got to weigh up calling your own loss on the fly because of an injury that might or might not be serious and either way likely taking some kind of heat OR you do as your told, finish how you're told if you can and let the company deal with the aftermath.
My understanding is that a lot of the time it's the wrestlers insisting on finishing the match (especially guys who aren't WWE-system products, and Kross definitely fits into that category).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 28th, '20, 11:44

idk when it happened in the match, but this would be a case of doctors check him, ref tells production, production decides and ref calls the audible. I think wrestlers only tend to make the audible when it's crystal clear there is an issue, like Sin Cara hurting his pinky finger

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 28th, '20, 12:16

cero2k wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 11:44

idk when it happened in the match, but this would be a case of doctors check him, ref tells production, production decides and ref calls the audible. I think wrestlers only tend to make the audible when it's crystal clear there is an issue, like Sin Cara hurting his pinky finger
Right, but that's because the wrestlers will usually insist on keeping going. I can't think of an incident where the promotion said "keep going" but the wrestler didn't want to and the match continued. Even with Cara, they deferred to his wishes. He got heat, yes, but it wasn't just from the office; it was from the locker room, too, for not keeping going.

I'm thinking about the Bryan incident with Hunter where Hunter ordered the match stopped even though Bryan thought he could keep going and Bryan yelled at Hunter backstage about it and Hunter apologized to him later, and I know there are stories of many others who were angry that their match got stopped for medical reasons (I'm pretty sure there are famous stories like this with Taker and I think Kurt and Trish, too, and I know I've heard about it with others). I know Gabe has said that one of his weaknesses as a booker/executive is that because he hasn't been a wrestler, he has to rely on the wrestlers telling him what's safe and what isn't, and whether they can still go, and wrestlers almost universally want to keep going.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 28th, '20, 12:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 12:16
Right, but that's because the wrestlers will usually insist on keeping going. I can't think of an incident where the promotion said "keep going" but the wrestler didn't want to and the match continued. Even with Cara, they deferred to his wishes. He got heat, yes, but it wasn't just from the office; it was from the locker room, too, for not keeping going.

I'm thinking about the Bryan incident with Hunter where Hunter ordered the match stopped even though Bryan thought he could keep going and Bryan yelled at Hunter backstage about it and Hunter apologized to him later, and I know there are stories of many others who were angry that their match got stopped for medical reasons (I'm pretty sure there are famous stories like this with Taker and I think Kurt and Trish, too, and I know I've heard about it with others). I know Gabe has said that one of his weaknesses as a booker/executive is that because he hasn't been a wrestler, he has to rely on the wrestlers telling him what's safe and what isn't, and whether they can still go, and wrestlers almost universally want to keep going.
at that point I think we'd be talking legal grounds to get sued if the promotion forces someone to finish a match they don't think they can due to injury. The only one that I can think off is Punk when he asked to get eliminated from the Rumble after he got a concussion and they kinda kept him in there until Kane went in a while later. Having said that, I have to imagine that there have been more cases of promoters kinda ignoring concussions and the wrestler not being in the right mind to make a proper decision.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 28th, '20, 13:29

cero2k wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 12:56

at that point I think we'd be talking legal grounds to get sued if the promotion forces someone to finish a match they don't think they can due to injury. The only one that I can think off is Punk when he asked to get eliminated from the Rumble after he got a concussion and they kinda kept him in there until Kane went in a while later. Having said that, I have to imagine that there have been more cases of promoters kinda ignoring concussions and the wrestler not being in the right mind to make a proper decision.
Concussions are a bit of a weird case though, it wasn't until fairly recently that people finally started taking them seriously, and there's still kind of a cavalier attitude about them in some cases.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 28th, '20, 15:11

Oh, it's almost certainly for legal reasons that promotions will stop a match against a wrestler's wishes. But my point is that it's usually the wrestlers saying "no, I can finish the match," not the promoter telling him/her to finish the match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 28th, '20, 15:12

Serujuunin wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 13:29

Concussions are a bit of a weird case though, it wasn't until fairly recently that people finally started taking them seriously, and there's still kind of a cavalier attitude about them in some cases.
This. The wrestlers' attitudes about them were just as cavalier as the promoters'. I don't think a concussed wrestler would have made any different decision if he/she wasn't concussed.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 29th, '20, 02:35

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 15:12
Serujuunin wrote: Aug 28th, '20, 13:29

This. The wrestlers' attitudes about them were just as cavalier as the promoters'. I don't think a concussed wrestler would have made any different decision if he/she wasn't concussed.
Which is so weird to me. I’ve been concussed and it f-ing SUCKS. I can’t imagine how someone would get concussed and just keep going right after like nothing happened. I was incapped for a week and had post-concussion syndrome for months afterwards. No way I’d want to keep wrestling.