Lance Archer signs multi-year deal with AEW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Lance Archer signs multi-year deal with AEW

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '20, 17:29

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Feb 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Former IWGP United States and Tag Team Champion Lance Archer has officially signed with All Elite Wrestling.

AEW issued a press release today announcing that Archer has signed a multi-year deal with the promotion. They also announced Archer's signing via Twitter: "Welcome to the team. #LanceArcher is #AllElite"

“I’ve been in the business for almost half of my life, but with AEW, I’m setting my sights on the best chapter of my career so far,” Archer said in the press release. “This company champions the creative, competitive and electrifying environment that I’ve been waiting for my whole career. No matter where I go -- no matter who steps in front of me -- I’m the one you should be afraid of at AEW.”

“Lance Archer is explosive, dynamic and unpredictable, making him perfect for AEW,” AEW president and CEO Tony Khan said. “He’s made his mark in every corner of the world. He’s brutal, colorful and will be a factor the minute he steps into the ring."

Sports Illustrated first reported last month that Archer was in "high-level talks" with AEW.

Archer wasn't among the wrestlers NJPW announced for this year's New Japan Cup tournament. He lost the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship to Jon Moxley at Wrestle Kingdom 14 night one and was also in action at New Year Dash and all five nights of NJPW's New Beginning USA tour.

Archer applied to trademark the name Lance Archer in January.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Lance Archer signs multi-year deal with AEW

Post by cero2k » Feb 27th, '20, 09:29

at this rate, Suzuki-Gun is likely to go through some changes.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '20, 11:38

cero2k wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 09:29 at this rate, Suzuki-Gun is likely to go through some changes.
Taichi-Gun?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 27th, '20, 13:58

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 11:38
cero2k wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 09:29 at this rate, Suzuki-Gun is likely to go through some changes.
Taichi-Gun?
Tekkers-Gun, have Sabre and Taichi as co-leaders

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '20, 19:43

cero2k wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 13:58
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 11:38
Taichi-Gun?
Tekkers-Gun, have Sabre and Taichi as co-leaders
Please, no. I want Zack to leave Suzuki-Gun so he can be interesting again. Preferably to leave NJPW entirely aside from the G1 and selected singles matches. I'd much rather see him working in ROH/RevPro/wXw/PROGRESS/EVOLVE on a regular basis than spend nine out of ten matches being wasted in pointless repetitive tag team matches that don't mean sh*t.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 28th, '20, 09:27

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 19:43 I'd much rather see him working in ROH/RevPro/wXw/PROGRESS/EVOLVE on a regular basis than spend nine out of ten matches being wasted in pointless repetitive tag team matches that don't mean sh*t.
eww no, you just want him to go to nxt.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '20, 13:41

cero2k wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 09:27
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 19:43 I'd much rather see him working in ROH/RevPro/wXw/PROGRESS/EVOLVE on a regular basis than spend nine out of ten matches being wasted in pointless repetitive tag team matches that don't mean sh*t.
eww no, you just want him to go to nxt.
Nope. No interesting matches in NXT. In ROH we've got a booker who knows how to use him, plus matches with newly heel Gresham and Lethal, Dragon Lee, Alex Shelley, Bandido, Dalton Castle, Tracy Williams, Mark Haskins, Matt Taven, Jeff Cobb... he'd even make a very interesting test for a guy like Shane Taylor or Josh Woods.

PROGRESS and wXw would give us match-ups like David Starr, Cara Noir, Michael Oku/the OMJO, Veit Muller, Bobby Gunns, Ilja Dragunov, Marius Al-Ani. Imagine ZSJ vs. Paul Robinson in a Robbo's Rules match!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation