Royal Rumble Predictions?

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Bob-O

Royal Rumble Predictions?

Post by Bob-O » Jan 22nd, '20, 12:01

Man... I remember when this used to be my favorite show of the year...

I don't feel like there's been a whole lot of build to it this year beyond Becky/Asuke. It's kind of a blank slate this year, Brock is entering as the first champion to ever do so (if you don't count the time Hogan did it), fact based rumors are flying around that Edge might return to the ring, fantasy based rumors are flying around that Punk might return the ring, Cain Vasquelez has confirmed (spoiled) his involvement, Booker T posted today that he's #rumbleready - so we might be seeing him, 18 active women between Raw and Smackdown, four of which are tied up in title matches, mean we should see some surprises there.

I don't know, I feel like this could really be a sleeper show!

Brock's not winning, he's getting eliminated by his Wrestlemania opponent, who I'm thinking is either going to be Cain or Tyson Fury. Fantasy Booking Bob-O would LOVE to see Punk come out at #30 with a cheap elimination on Lesnar and go full heel... "I busted my ass for years and had this spot stolen from me too many times, I learned that this is the only way, I came back to claim what's mine... the MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA". Maybe Heyman sides with Punk again... I don't know! Could be a fun RTWM!

I'm hard pressed, though, to think Vince wouldn't want to do Brock Lesnar vs Tyson Fury whether Fury wins in February or not.

There's a camp really pushing for Kieth Lee/Lesnar at Wrestlemania too... not sure they get Kieth Lee to that level in time, but as Punk said on Backstage this week, "they're missing the ball on him, they need to strike while the iron's hot - Survivor Series already feels like it was two years ago!"

I could see Drew winning The Rumble and using the shot to jump brands, Drew vs Fiend at Wrestlemania would be absolute money and a nice pop I think for a struggling Smackdown side.

Women's side, I think if Rousey doesn't return that Baszler wins it. Charlotte is too obvious. I think they make winning the rumble that thing she just can't seem to do for a few more years.

What are your thoughts?

Big Red Machine

Re: Royal Rumble Predictions?

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 22nd, '20, 15:36

I'm on the Drew eliminates Brock, Roman wins to challenge Fiend train.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jan 22nd, '20, 15:48

I know it won't happen but Brock vs Fiend for an Undisputed Championship would get my money. Paul Heyman particularly interacting with Firefly Funhouse would be great.

That, and CM Punk said Keith Lee should win the Rumble and I'm on that train too.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 22nd, '20, 15:57

NWK2000 wrote: Jan 22nd, '20, 15:48 I know it won't happen but Brock vs Fiend for an Undisputed Championship would get my money. Paul Heyman particularly interacting with Firefly Funhouse would be great.

I would rather watch decades of nothing but Yano vs. Iizuka than see this.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '20, 11:11

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 22nd, '20, 15:57
NWK2000 wrote: Jan 22nd, '20, 15:48 I know it won't happen but Brock vs Fiend for an Undisputed Championship would get my money. Paul Heyman particularly interacting with Firefly Funhouse would be great.

I would rather watch decades of nothing but Yano vs. Iizuka than see this.

I'm calling Baszler winning the women's. I have a feeling that Lesnar is being eliminated by someone small, maybe a Ricochet or a Bryan, but i'm also seeing someone like Drew winning the rumble.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 24th, '20, 10:19

I can't believe Vince won't do either Lesnar vs Tyson or Lesnar vs Cain (and pretend the Saudi match never happened). I don't see Brock's WM match being against an active roster member. The real question being is if he retains until 'mania.

Fury has a fight in February, if he wins my brain will break if they don't go that route, which is why I think Lesnar is in the Rumble to begin with instead of defending the title. I don't think... at least I really hope they wouldn't but they've been this stupid before... I don't think they make Fury vs Lesnar for the title, I think Brock drops it at EC in that scenario, and this Rumble is WIDE open. It's very realistic that Brock wins the Rumble and waits to name his opponent...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '20, 09:35

Totally forgot about the women's Royal Rumble. There is no way anyone other than Baszler wins this, right?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '20, 13:05

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 26th, '20, 09:35 Totally forgot about the women's Royal Rumble. There is no way anyone other than Baszler wins this, right?
it's WWE, Trish Stratus, Ripley, or Ronda could always win it, let alone going with another rehash feud with Sasha or Charlotte or Lacey Evans, but given current roster/storylines, yeah, Bazsler has to be the favorite.

Io is injured, which could had been a credible opponent for either champ heading into WM.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '20, 16:29

Word on the street is that Edge returns to wrestling tonight.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '20, 16:39

Jessamyn Duke apparently claimed on Twitter that she was dog-sitting for Baszler, so that's more fuel to the Baszler fire.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '20, 18:47

cero2k wrote: Jan 26th, '20, 13:05
it's WWE, Trish Stratus, Ripley, or Ronda could always win it, let alone going with another rehash feud with Sasha or Charlotte or Lacey Evans
I just had to quote myself

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '20, 20:36

This match is actually getting really compelling right now with this Brock stuff.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '20, 20:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 26th, '20, 20:36 This match is actually getting really compelling right now with this Brock stuff.
you called it, McIntyre vs Lesnar for WM or Saudi.

I was really hoping to see Riddle vs Lesnar in there

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '20, 20:47

Edge returns after 9 years. Camera moves to crowd shot for the first spear. WWE