PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 11.19: The Phoenix Rises

Post by cero2k » Nov 19th, '19, 17:52

NWA POWERRR
November 19, 2019
Atlanta, GA

Opening Video - It's like if Christopher Nolan was producing the Kamille storyline. Furthermore, it featured Storm losing the title and chasing Aldis' title.

Nick Aldis Interview - Marquez asked about Kamille, all of it. Aldis said that everything Kamille does are her own actions and decisions, nothing to do with him directly. Aldis then hypes the crowd for a match instead, he challenges my main man Trevor Murdoch for a match. He said the title wasn't on the line, the crowd came close to pressuring him into it, he actually had some heelish back-handed comments about Murdoch.

Nick Aldis vs Trevor Murdoch - 5.5/10
Great showing for Murdoch who came close to winning with the top rope Bulldog, but Aldis was too close to the ropes to get the foot on. Murdoch seemed to be going for a second, but Murdoch stumbled down and locked in the King's Lynn Cloverleaf for the submission win. The match wasn't much really, but Murdoch keeps growing, I can totally see Murdoch getting a National Title run in 2020.

Post-match - Aldis put over Murdoch and shook his hand.

The Rock n Roll Express Interview - Morton said they have a shot at the NWA Tag Titles tonight and hyped the crowd.

The Wild Card Interview - They said that they've defeated the tag roster in the promotion and they ain't losing to some old dudes tonight. Marquez asked about Tom's relationship with Kamille, to which he just said they're just friends.

Danny Deals Commercial - JD Drake! He's perfect for the NWA, ugly and completely generic.

Ricky Starks vs ?The Question Mark? - Dud
Cabana is in commentary scouting Starks, who surely was going to be the fan favorite until Mark came out. Mark started strong, but Starks came back and had the better of Mark when Aron Stevens came out to attack him.

Post-match - Stevens and Mark teamed up again Starks, to which Cabana said, Starks is so cocky that he doesn't have friends to come out to help him out. Cabana eventually had to stand up to them and save Starks, but he was really forced at the end, he didn't want to bother.

Cornette and Galli confirmed that the main event to tonight has been changed to Aron Stevens & The Question Mark vs Cabana & Starks. Did we just get robbed of the Rock n Roll Express vs Wild Card match?

Eli Drake Interview - Drake came out and told Ken Anderson that if he wants trouble, he'll find it with him. Awesome promo by Drake. Anderson came out, sweetened the crowd, and challenged Drake to a match while Drake is obviously not wearing his gear. Drake instead jumped Anderson and attacked him with a turnbuckle. Anderson had it coming.

Ashley Vox & Allysin Kay vs Marti Belle & Thunder Rosa - 6.5/10
Perfect formula with the heels torturing the young babyface while making the babyface champ watch. Kay had the hot tag against Rosa, who actually got a good amount of offense in on the champ. Suddenly, Melina walked down to ringside, completely distracted everyone in the match, except Rosa who used the opportunity to Schoolgirl Kay for the win. Rosa now has a pin over the champ. Melina looks good, I don't know if she speaks good Spanish, but she can definitely join Rosa and Belle in this Latina stable.

Post-match - Rosa and Belle beat down Kay. Rosa vs Kay for the title at Into The Fire for sure. Indeed, Rosa, Melina, and Belle all celebrated over the dead body of Kay.

Austin Idol Commercial - Kayfabe Cocktail again.

Colt Cabana & Ricky Starks vs Aron Stevens & ?The Question Mark? - 7/10
It's crazy that Question Mark has become the hottest wrestler in just two shows. Starks was the babyface in peril, a lot of the match was doing spots so that fans could cheer for Mark and boo Stevens. At one point, Stevens mooned the crowd and gave Starks the time to recover and hot tag Cabana. The hot tag didn't last when Starks came back, match went chaotic, Starks tried to go for Mark's mask, which was enough distraction for Stevens to rake his eyes, Mark to deliver the KARATE throat chop and have Stevens pin him. Ok match, nothing special.

James Storm Promo - Storm came out and talked trash to Aldis, buried the match we just saw, talked more trash until Kamille came out and whispered something to Storm's ear. If this all builds to Kamille turning on Aldis and joining Storm, Aldis is gonna look like the stupidest man ever, straight up seeing Kamille conspire in-front of everyone.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Kinda meh show this week, I didn't find anything particularly noteworthy. I was really hyped for Murdoch vs Aldis, but ended up being a short one-sided match. We still have nothing for Into The Fire and at this point, I'm just not gonna ask anymore.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Cero Reviews NWA POWERRR 11.19: The Phoenix Rises

Post by cero2k » Nov 19th, '19, 17:56

Also, this happened and Cornette is slowly killing off his gigs one at a time

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 19th, '19, 18:25

cero2k wrote: Nov 19th, '19, 17:56 Also, this happened and Cornette is slowly killing off his gigs one at a time

Just... wow.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 20th, '19, 03:57

On the Cornette thing, I think we should all calm down. It’s not the first time he’s used that phrase. He used it during a Bob Backlund match years ago!!!

PLUS, everyone just needs to calm down and not be so soft.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 20th, '19, 08:49

XIV wrote: Nov 20th, '19, 03:57 On the Cornette thing, I think we should all calm down. It’s not the first time he’s used that phrase. He used it during a Bob Backlund match years ago!!!

or just fire the racist fuck

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 20th, '19, 15:56

cero2k wrote: Nov 20th, '19, 08:49
XIV wrote: Nov 20th, '19, 03:57 On the Cornette thing, I think we should all calm down. It’s not the first time he’s used that phrase. He used it during a Bob Backlund match years ago!!!

or just fire the racist fuck
This.
There are a million other phrases he could have used to tell us how tough someone is.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 21st, '19, 04:32

Away from that one comment situation... to the actual content in the show...

LOVED the attitude that Eli Drake showed against Mr Anderson.

Anticipating the Kamille double swerve after this... making it look as though she's in cahoots with Storm or reassuring him.

However, I'm hoping there's a quick resolution to the Tom Latimer part of the ever growing Kamille storyline, because storyline wise, his involvement is somewhat pointless even if they are real life partners.

Buzzing to see Melina.

I don't like how much this little crowd is into the Question Mark, it's annoying because there's nothing good about this character.

Not that anyone will tune in next week as the only people tuning in will be the non-snowflakes because Cornette will still be on commentary as it's all pre-taped and all.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 21st, '19, 09:40

XIV wrote: Nov 21st, '19, 04:32 However, I'm hoping there's a quick resolution to the Tom Latimer part of the ever growing Kamille storyline, because storyline wise, his involvement is somewhat pointless even if they are real life partners.
Storm and The Wild Card have been portrayed to be in the same team, so the Kamille turn would make sense. I just hate that it's soo obvious and in Aldis' face.
XIV wrote: Nov 21st, '19, 04:32 I don't like how much this little crowd is into the Question Mark, it's annoying because there's nothing good about this character.
he's getting over for because of the type of fans that NWA fans hate. it's actually kinda funny

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 21st, '19, 10:52

cero2k wrote: Nov 21st, '19, 09:40
XIV wrote: Nov 21st, '19, 04:32 However, I'm hoping there's a quick resolution to the Tom Latimer part of the ever growing Kamille storyline, because storyline wise, his involvement is somewhat pointless even if they are real life partners.
Storm and The Wild Card have been portrayed to be in the same team, so the Kamille turn would make sense. I just hate that it's soo obvious and in Aldis' face.
XIV wrote: Nov 21st, '19, 04:32 I don't like how much this little crowd is into the Question Mark, it's annoying because there's nothing good about this character.
he's getting over for because of the type of fans that NWA fans hate. it's actually kinda funny
I'm hoping for the double swerve, but even that is predictable through this.

The fans have been standard NWA fans up until this nonsense which is annoying and despite NWA clearly positioning him as a heel... he's gone face because of his ridiculousness.
Have A Nice Day!