Sin Cara asks for his WWE Release

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Sin Cara asks for his WWE Release

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '19, 15:11

Source: f4wonline.com

Sin Cara has become the latest WWE wrestler to take to social media asking for his release.

On Monday morning, Sin Cara (Jorge Arias) tweeted a statement in Spanish that said after praying Sunday night and thinking about his children, he had to make the "most difficult but sensible" decision to ask for his WWE release.

In the statement (seen below), Arias reflected on his 20-year career before giving the reason why he wants out (h/t to Mike Killam for the translation):

"I am so grateful for the opportunity they gave me. However, I realized that I am stuck in a place where I am not valued as an athlete or talent. I have worked hard and honestly for many years to polish my trade. I have been loyal and respectful, a team player, supportive, and I have waited patiently for the opportunity to show the world everything I can do. Unfortunately, after all these years, that opportunity never came or I feel that it will ever come while I remain where I am."

He then went on to say that his best years are yet to come and thanked both WWE and the WWE fans for their support. He recently returned to Raw in an angle with Andrade and Zelina Vega.

Several other WWE wrestlers have publicly asked for their release in the past with Shawn Spears (the former Tye Dillinger) as the only successful one. Luke Harper and Mike Kanellis still remain with the company after pleading their case on social media.

After working in Mexican indies and AAA for years, the man eventually known as Incognito made his move on the U.S. stage with appearances in TNA and Chikara. He signed with WWE developmental in 2009 and changed his name to Hunico, making it to the main roster in 2011 as a fill-in for Sin Cara as the original was serving a 30-day wellness suspension. A Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara angle ensued and he eventually revived the Hunico name, teaming with Camacho. In 2013, Arias took back the Sin Cara character and formed the Lucha Dragons with Kalisto in both NXT and eventually, WWE.

Outside the ring, he was on the shelf for parts of the last few years with knee injuries. He also famously got into separate 2016 backstage altercations with both Chris Jericho and Simon Gotch.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Sin Cara asks for his WWE Release

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '19, 15:11

Caristico Azul vs Caristico Negro is gonna be awesome.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 12th, '19, 09:30

Newz outlets reporting that he got sent home.

Which, kudos to him if that's what he was going for, but as the article points out, this "airing grievances on social media" thing really isn't working out for anyone.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 12th, '19, 09:37

Bob-O wrote: Nov 12th, '19, 09:30 Newz outlets reporting that he got sent home.

Which, kudos to him if that's what he was going for, but as the article points out, this "airing grievances on social media" thing really isn't working out for anyone.
yeah, it seems to be working against everyone now, but at least he gets paid now for doing nothing and wait out his contract.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 12th, '19, 10:26

cero2k wrote: Nov 12th, '19, 09:37 he gets paid now for doing nothing and wait out his contract.
However long that is.

Silly notion, but it's not like he gets to keep the Sin Cara or Hunico characters... Assuming he's going to Mexico, what (besides the giant arm tattoo) would be stopping him from just getting started on a new identity right away? I don't think WWE would even notice, and the dude's already 42 years old...

I know the Lucha Lifespan exceeds that of american style performers, but if he genuinely feels like he's got something to prove, the clock's ticking...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 12th, '19, 11:28

Bob-O wrote: Nov 12th, '19, 10:26
cero2k wrote: Nov 12th, '19, 09:37 he gets paid now for doing nothing and wait out his contract.
However long that is.

Silly notion, but it's not like he gets to keep the Sin Cara or Hunico characters... Assuming he's going to Mexico, what (besides the giant arm tattoo) would be stopping him from just getting started on a new identity right away? I don't think WWE would even notice, and the dude's already 42 years old...

I know the Lucha Lifespan exceeds that of american style performers, but if he genuinely feels like he's got something to prove, the clock's ticking...
he should get to keep Hunico, it was his gimmick before signing, but yeah, he could just start working in Mexico whenever he wants with a bodysuit and mask. the thing i was thinking about him was how sucky he'll have it, he can't take advantage of the sin cara recognition, and since he's been under a mask forever, no one will remember his face either.