The Funny Wrestling Topic

Tell it to the world!!
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Nov 1st, '19, 14:37

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 1st, '19, 13:43
That was the entire joke Jericho was making, though. It was a callback. What new info or bit or whatever does the video ad to make it (the video) funny? It seems to me that the video is just explaining a joke that is already part of the zeitgeist.
well now you just killed the fun out of it

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 1st, '19, 14:56

cero2k wrote: Nov 1st, '19, 14:37
That was the entire joke Jericho was making, though. It was a callback. What new info or bit or whatever does the video ad to make it (the video) funny? It seems to me that the video is just explaining a joke that is already part of the zeitgeist.
There was no fun to be had. That was my point. This is the funny thread. Your post was off-topic.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 1st, '19, 15:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 1st, '19, 14:56
cero2k wrote: Nov 1st, '19, 14:37
There was no fun to be had. That was my point. This is the funny thread. Your post was off-topic.
I thought it was funny...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 7th, '19, 14:13

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 9th, '19, 17:36

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 9th, '19, 18:11

In case you missed it from Dynamite this week. Cody's promo made headlines, but Jericho's hype video about made me piss my pants.

Every. Single. Thing. About. This.
I'm dead. Tears in my eyes, dead.

"Chris Jericho... he's in the prime of his life... he's 48, the YOUNGEST champion in AEW history..."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 9th, '19, 18:46

Bob-O wrote: Nov 9th, '19, 18:11 In case you missed it from Dynamite this week. Cody's promo made headlines, but Jericho's hype video about made me piss my pants.

Every. Single. Thing. About. This.
I'm dead. Tears in my eyes, dead.

"Chris Jericho... he's in the prime of his life... he's 48, the YOUNGEST champion in AEW history..."
The only way it could have been better was if he was actually asleep in the bathtub,

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 10th, '19, 09:22

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 9th, '19, 18:46 The only way it could have been better was if he was actually asleep in the bathtub,
I quite enjoyed him wearing a scarf in the bathtub... a few weeks after calling MJF out for wearing a scarf...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 12th, '19, 15:42

Bob-O wrote: Nov 10th, '19, 09:22
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 9th, '19, 18:46 The only way it could have been better was if he was actually asleep in the bathtub,
I quite enjoyed him wearing a scarf in the bathtub... a few weeks after calling MJF out for wearing a scarf...
His line "who wears a scarf" made me howl.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 18th, '19, 14:36

R-Truth met Tupac and judging by the picture, he hasn't aged since then.

phpBB [video]
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 18th, '19, 17:27

Punk @'s Kahn

Kahn @'s Vince...

It's not that funny, but I can't stop laughing...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 18th, '19, 17:45

NWK2000 wrote: Nov 18th, '19, 14:36 R-Truth met Tupac and judging by the picture, he hasn't aged since then.

phpBB [video]
R-Truth's agelessness is a known fact. The current leading theory is that he is a daywalker, like Triple H's nemesis, Blade.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 27th, '19, 16:14

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '19, 20:56

Bob-O wrote: Nov 27th, '19, 16:14 Image
This made me laugh my ass off on a train.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '19, 18:54

This year's wXw World Tag Team Festival was CURSED!
Markus Gronenmann wrote: Prelude: The World Tag Team Festival Curse

As noted in the recent issue of the Observer, of the total twelve teams originally announced, only six remained in their original form; NXT’s Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, Timothy Thatcher & Veit Müller, wXw regulars The Crown (Alexander James & Jurn Simmons) and The Purge Club (Pete Bouncer & Ivan Kiev; originally announced at RISE, which is no more), EVOLVE’s The Workhorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake) as well as The Anti-Fun Police (No Fun Dunne & Los Federales Santos Jr.) out of the UK appeared as scheduled while Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher), WRSTLING (David Starr & Eddie Kingston) and Jay-FK (Jay Skillet & Francis Kaspin) all had one person each replaced – Mark Davis suffered an ACL injury over PWG’s BOLA weekend and was replaced by Lucky Kid, who now teamed with Kyle Fletcher as ¿Schadenfreude?; Francis Kaspin, nursing a herniated disc was replaced by Absolute Andy, who Jay-FK had associated with in the past and him and Jay Skillet now team as Jay-AA. Then on Wednesday, Eddie Kingston pulled out of the booking due to a family emergency, leaving David Starr without a partner. He chose to team with Norman Harras, a wXw Academy trainee who originally got to shine on Thursday’s Inner Circle show at said wrestling school when, ironically, stepping in as a replacement for Veit Müller (who had to stay home for family reasons as well), he looked like a future star, teaming with Timothy Thatcher to take on the Workhorsemen. Three teams were replaced entirely: The team of Vollgasteren (Julian Pace & Leon van Gasteren) had to pull out after a (storyline) injury to Julian Pace, after he was attacked backstage at the “Road to WTTF” show; they were being replaced by The Pretty Bastards (Maggot & Prince Ahura). Bandido & Flamita were replaced by Violence is Forever (Dominic Garrini & Kevin Ku), after Bandido’s recent knee injury got worse and he had to pull out; Flamita will still wrestle all three days and took on Jonathan Gresham, who was brought in as a bonus addition after all he cancellations. Team White Wolf (A-Kid & Carlos Romo) also originally were announced but were pulled by WWE, who wanted A-Kid, a recent signee, at the NXT UK tapings. They were replaced by Hungarians veterans The Arrows of Hungary (Icarus & Dover).

The string of bad luck didn’t end there though, as Thursday around noon Saraya Knight (the mother of WWE’s Paige) had to pull out of Saturday’s Femmes Fatales women’s tournament due to a stomach bug; she will be replaced by Vicious Vivien, a trainee of the GHW wrestling school. Then, during the Inner Circle show on Thursday, the wXw Academy’s lights went out during Timothy Thatcher’s entrance and never came back on. They shot the rest of the show using studio lights, which made for a cool and unique atmosphere and according to wXw officials, looked very good on camera. And since Murphy's law states that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, a few other things happened along the way, too: a number of crew members had to cancel the weeknd because they were sick; a car crashed into the ring truck on Thursday; the clean up crew for the arena didn't turn up in time for set-up after there was a big music festival in the arena on Wednesday night, forcing the wXw crew to delay their set-up to Friday instead of Thursday; SL-Wrestling, the printing company that produces most of the merchandise for wXw and many of the wrestlers here (think a local version of ProWrestlingTees) had their main production machine fail earlier in the week and needed to pull a 24-hour emergency shift to get everything produced for the weekend in time; Absolute Andy was so banged up that he hardly could walk, but still made it through two matches; Veit Müller has some stressful personal issues going on in his life (I was told about them, but he will adress them on his own soon) and still wrestled a great match in the main event position under a lot of pressure, plus a number of wrestlers also missed trains to get to the show or the airport, but everyone who was still supposed to be here on Fridays made it in time.

All that being said, everybody looked to have something extra to proof and the in-ring work ranged from very good to great for most matches, with young talent stepping up and all the fly-ins being very professional and eager to look good.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 11th, '19, 09:08

All the meta jokes you can take

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '19, 08:49

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 17th, '19, 09:13

cero2k wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 08:49
NO! NO! NO!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 17th, '19, 10:38

cero2k wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 08:49
Related/Unrelated, they'd make such a great tag team...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '19, 15:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 09:13
NO! NO! NO!
WWE always trying to pop some ratings copying what's over somewhere else