BRM Reviews WWE Hell in a Cell 2019

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Hell in a Cell 2019

Post by cero2k » Oct 7th, '19, 10:25

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 10:22

I dunno why they're dancing around the word ref stoppage so much but eh.
Right? they want to be 'sports' then ref stoppage is the most common finish in most combat sport

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 10:57

I don't have anything to say about this hot topic of discussion, other than stupid idiots, and it's all people on the WWE FB page are talking about too.

It's completely unanimous.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 7th, '19, 10:59

cero2k wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 10:25
NWK2000 wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 10:22

I dunno why they're dancing around the word ref stoppage so much but eh.
Right? they want to be 'sports' then ref stoppage is the most common finish in most combat sport
That, and the way the ref frantically called for the bell would work in that narrative.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 11:20

After reading about it on CBS sports they probably should've double turned when all of those boos started coming after "11 stomps."

Come the fuck on. That's just a little much with no real pay off in the end anyways. What I was reading said "why did Rollins get so much offense if Ray Wyatt wasn't going to win when the crowd wanted him to so badly?"

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 7th, '19, 11:40

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 11:20 After reading about it on CBS sports they probably should've double turned when all of those boos started coming after "11 stomps."

Come the fuck on. That's just a little much with no real pay off in the end anyways. What I was reading said "why did Rollins get so much offense if Ray Wyatt wasn't going to win when the crowd wanted him to so badly?"
It's a pretty heavy audible to call changing the main title of the promotion. I wonder if 'no finish' would had been better in hindsight, just have them brawl or take a bump where neither can continue. Stretcher jobs, and then just have Bray do the taker sit up

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 11:42

cero2k wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 11:40
KILLdozer wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 11:20 After reading about it on CBS sports they probably should've double turned when all of those boos started coming after "11 stomps."

It's a pretty heavy audible to call changing the main title of the promotion. I wonder if 'no finish' would had been better in hindsight, just have them brawl or take a bump where neither can continue. Stretcher jobs, and then just have Bray do the taker sit up
Or just fuck it and he disappears when the lights go out and "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHAH". , and that's the end of the show.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 7th, '19, 13:07

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 11:42

Or just fuck it and he disappears when the lights go out and "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHAH". , and that's the end of the show.
I actually would've popped for that.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 13:55

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 13:07
KILLdozer wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 11:42

I actually would've popped for that.
Probably the absolute best way any of this could have ended.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 7th, '19, 14:21

It's because a ref stoppage is The Fiend losing and that's not what they want us to think happened
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 7th, '19, 14:24

Or DON'T BOOK A MATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT EITHER WRESTLER TO LOSE

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Oct 7th, '19, 14:32

SO ANYWAY, THE FIEND™ AMIRITE?

It's like they were trying to stoop even lower than the hologram and Wyatt in drag.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 14:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 14:21 It's because a ref stoppage is The Fiend losing and that's not what they want us to think happened
Nawh Rollins was WAY OUT OF CONTROL MAN LOL.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 7th, '19, 15:00

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 14:21 It's because a ref stoppage is The Fiend losing and that's not what they want us to think happened

Given the performance of everyone involved, it makes sense. The referee freaked, and made a bad call because he thought Bray was gravely injured, which turned out to not be true because The Fiend can't feel pain. I lay the blame mostly at the lack of commentary, or general attempt to explain it. If someone had been ingignant after The Fiend sprang to life about "well then why was the match stopped then, idiot referee?" Hell, even the ring announcer saying, "Bray Wyatt is unable to continue" and then having Bray spring to life would indicate the ref made the wrong call. It was, at best, a half-baked idea, at worse, a match that shouldn't have happened if they weren't going to give Fiend the duke.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 7th, '19, 15:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 14:24 Or DON'T BOOK A MATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT EITHER WRESTLER TO LOSE
they really could had waited a couple of weeks or months to do this in a match were you can do double count outs or straight up DQs with far less consequences.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 7th, '19, 15:12

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 15:00

Given the performance of everyone involved, it makes sense. The referee freaked, and made a bad call because he thought Bray was gravely injured, which turned out to not be true because The Fiend can't feel pain. I lay the blame mostly at the lack of commentary, or general attempt to explain it. If someone had been ingignant after The Fiend sprang to life about "well then why was the match stopped then, idiot referee?" Hell, even the ring announcer saying, "Bray Wyatt is unable to continue" and then having Bray spring to life would indicate the ref made the wrong call. It was, at best, a half-baked idea, at worse, a match that shouldn't have happened if they weren't going to give Fiend the duke.
the fans live don't have either and it's their reaction that is hurting the promotion the most. WWE can pretend to not listen to the twitter outcry, but it's on video that people chanted AEW/Restart. This needed more than just commentary.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 7th, '19, 15:29

cero2k wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 15:12

the fans live don't have either and it's their reaction that is hurting the promotion the most. WWE can pretend to not listen to the twitter outcry, but it's on video that people chanted AEW/Restart. This needed more than just commentary.

Even the ring announcer saying he couldn't continue and Fiend springing to life would've been consistent with the crazy no selling we'd seen all match. It still wouldn't have been the finish people would have wanted, but at least it would've clued fans into the story they were trying for.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 15:49

Not to mention "refund" as well...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 7th, '19, 19:43

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 7th, '19, 15:29

Even the ring announcer saying he couldn't continue and Fiend springing to life would've been consistent with the crazy no selling we'd seen all match. It still wouldn't have been the finish people would have wanted, but at least it would've clued fans into the story they were trying for.
I think the ring announcer actually announcing what the finish was would have helped (though that assumes they would have announced it in a normal way and not like the way they actually phrased it on the website which makes it feel like a cop-out rather than an actual finish.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 20:02

NWK you need to see Brian Zane's WWW review for the main event.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 7th, '19, 20:09

He brings up another point which I hadn't thought of and I don't think anyone else did yet..."you can use one hammer but not the other kind..."

Don't hit him with that but it's absolutely alright to hit him with THAT one...

Amongst all of the other stupid bullshit..
There's that.