Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 76

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 76

Post by Thelone » Sep 25th, '19, 07:52

Immediately, we start with Samael who's all bloody and ranting about the Von Erichs, vowing to destroy them and stab Kevin with his spike. Color me surprised that last week's match didn't end Contra's reign of terror at all.

Jordan Oliver (w/ Injustice) vs. Zenshi – **
Because this hot feud must continue...

This was the usual sloppy match with those two, but it actually wasn't that bad. What killed it was the nine billion interferences from Injustice, including SEVERAL MINUTES with the referee, but neither Oliver or Zenshi took advantage of that. Reed finally did a splash on Zenshi, with commentary mentionning the weird vest he was wearing as kevlar basically, and Oliver pinned him for the win. Way too much overbooking for a bland, boring faction.

Post-match, Injustice beat up the referee and Zenshi some more, until Loco came out with a chair to scare them away.

Garrini hype video.

Back to Savio Vega who's in legal trouble with Promociones Dorado over his contract and now Warner's mentor to help him on his crusade. That's fine I guess, just never put him in a ring ever again.

Here's Warner who challenges Havoc to a bunkhouse brawl for next week.

Video package about the Dynasty/Hart Foundation feud.

Highlights of the War Chamber match, then we are with the Von Erichs who say that they're in MLW for the tag titles.

LA Park vs. Fatu will be a No DQ match. We're with Salina who says nothing of note, then Havoc chimes in and says that Warner is done and he'll gladly drink his blood.

Dynasty (MJF and Richard Holliday) (c) (w/ Aria Blake) vs. The Hart Foundation (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Teddy Hart) – **1/2
2/3 falls match. We have very long introductions for this one.

The first fall has a very deliberate pace and isn't that interesting to be honest. I missed the actual fall because it came out of nowhere. Basically, DBS and Holliday bonk heads (that wasn't obvious at all and came off as a regular shoulder block), both men fell down and MJF pushed Holliday on DBS for the first fall. That was Smith's first pinfall "loss" in MLW by the way, and it meant absolutely nothing.

Second fall was just Hart doing his super canadian destroyer on MJF for the tie barely two minutes later, then third was Hart being counted out after Aries hit him with the middleweight belt and did a brainbuster on the apron.

I wouldn't say this match was embarrassing, but that was a bigger fart in church than the War Chamber match for sure. For a match that was billed as the zenith of this feud, it didn't feel like a blowoff at all.

So... yeah. We're moving to new feuds at least which was desperately needed at this point, but the last two shows put a sour taste in my mouth.