cero2k
Site Admin

RetroMania Wrestling

Post by cero2k » Sep 12th, '19, 11:11

Video starts with the commercial, ignore the review if you will

Bob-O

Re: RetroMania Wrestling

Post by Bob-O » Sep 13th, '19, 21:01

I'm probably buying this, just 'cause... Wrestlefest is my jam, but what an odd roster...

-Road Warriors
-The BWO
-Austin Idol
-Tommy Dreamer
-Colt Cabana
-Zack Sabre Jr

The press release says they'll be adding more prior to release, but it's kind of underwhelming so far. I'd be more intrigued if they added some random creations (AKI MAN FTW!!!) or a CAW feature. No offense to anyone listed, but I don't think anyone is buying this for the Zack Sabre Jr vs Super Nova dream match potential...

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 13th, '19, 22:16

Bob-O wrote: Sep 13th, '19, 21:01 I'm probably buying this, just 'cause... Wrestlefest is my jam, but what an odd roster...

-Road Warriors
-The BWO
-Austin Idol
-Tommy Dreamer
-Colt Cabana
-Zack Sabre Jr

The press release says they'll be adding more prior to release, but it's kind of underwhelming so far. I'd be more intrigued if they added some random creations (AKI MAN FTW!!!) or a CAW feature. No offense to anyone listed, but I don't think anyone is buying this for the Zack Sabre Jr vs Super Nova dream match potential...
I'm sure the roster will be padded the fuck out with bootlegs. ZSJ vs Maya Incha Boy could main event at any arena in the world.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 15th, '19, 10:43

NWK2000 wrote: Sep 13th, '19, 22:16 I'm sure the roster will be padded the fuck out with bootlegs. ZSJ vs Maya Incha Boy could main event at any arena in the world.
Not to completely nerd out, but they've already got 9 playable characters. To stay true to the Wrestlefest theme, they've only got room for maybe 3 more... it's just such an odd assortment with very little intrigue. Like, they just need a few random pieces to tie it all together. The Rock N Roll Express... Raven... The Gangstas... Enzo and Cass... I don't know...

I get the lincensing aspect of it makes it kind of a 'take what you can get' thing, but the lineup is just so weird. It's not ~really~ a legends game, it's not ~really~ a House of Hardcore game, it's just a throwback to Wrestlefest gameplay - which I'm gonna play the shit out of regardless - I just can't get over the randomness of the roster...

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 15th, '19, 21:25

Bob-O wrote: Sep 15th, '19, 10:43
NWK2000 wrote: Sep 13th, '19, 22:16 I'm sure the roster will be padded the fuck out with bootlegs. ZSJ vs Maya Incha Boy could main event at any arena in the world.
Not to completely nerd out, but they've already got 9 playable characters. To stay true to the Wrestlefest theme, they've only got room for maybe 3 more... it's just such an odd assortment with very little intrigue. Like, they just need a few random pieces to tie it all together. The Rock N Roll Express... Raven... The Gangstas... Enzo and Cass... I don't know...

I get the lincensing aspect of it makes it kind of a 'take what you can get' thing, but the lineup is just so weird. It's not ~really~ a legends game, it's not ~really~ a House of Hardcore game, it's just a throwback to Wrestlefest gameplay - which I'm gonna play the shit out of regardless - I just can't get over the randomness of the roster...
I mean, I get what you mean, small roster for purity and stuff, but I don't think anyone's out there going "Gosh,. I wish this game had LESS characters"
What really will matter is if the gameplay is good.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.