Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 73

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 73

Post by Thelone » Sep 3rd, '19, 08:49

Final show before War Chamber next week.

We start with a Contra video, telling us they will destroy Lawlor for good tonight.

Injustice (Kotto Brazil, Jordan Oliver and Myron Reed) vs. Gringo Loco, Air Wolf and Zenshi – ***
They finally gave the Painfully Thin Trio an actual name. This was a spotfest with a ref-bump that didn't mean much (Reed lost his brass knucks immediately and Loco used it on him before losing it himself) and Wolf eating Sliced Bread #2 for the loss.

Post-match, Injustice beat up the referee for reasons.

The show with The Crash will happen on october 5th.

Warner got out of jail during the week.

Another control center where they announced that the War Chamber match won't air next week live, but the week after. I get that the logistics make it that way (can't really have 10-20 minutes of dead air on a live show while building the cage), but this also makes the match even less interesting.

The Von Erichs are with their father in Hawaii and say that they're family and will end Contra's reign of terror.

Hype video for Dominic Garrini who will debut "this fall".

More highlights of Hammerstone in NOAH, then a taped Dynasty segment with Hammerstone in the gym bitching about how DBS Jr. got soft and should work out as much as he does instead of whining for a rematch, but someone off-camera seems to disagree. It's Smith's sister on a treadmill who says that the weight Hammerstone is using right now is what she and her brother used when they were little. Hammerstone is outraged by this claim and can't believe it comes from her and not Holliday who's also in the background reading a newspaper (now that I think about it, wasn't he supposed to have a match on this show against Pillman Jr.?), puts a lot more weight, and is struggling to do one rep, EXCELLENT.

Samael is already in the ring talking about the "power" of the belt (the power of invisibility and irrelevance maybe) and hyping up Fatu for...

Jacob Fatu (c) (w/ Josef Samael) vs. Tom Lawlor – ***1/2
Well, they had a fairly regular match all things considered and more competitive than the Kings of Colosseum one. Yeah, Samael used his spike to hit Lawlor and give the win to Fatu, but that was it.

Post-match, Gotch comes back and Contra beat up Lawlor and the referee. The Von Erichs come out to help him out, then Kwon to give Contra the advantage. To the shock of absolutely no one, Low Ki came out to help Lawlor and the Von Erichs and is the fourth member of the team. They ended the show with all eight brawling in the ring.

As a hard sell for the War Chamber match, this was solid enough, except this is in two weeks and they have announced NOTHING for the live show next week. This NYC taping has been a massive wet fart on MLW's part and I'm glad it's over with.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 73

Post by cero2k » Sep 6th, '19, 09:13

I loved that they left the Contra theme during the whole beat down, it felt like a party. Talking about that beatdown, it was sooo long, we all knew Low Ki was coming out, but it took so long that it made the 'surprise' worse. I can totally see Low Ki vs Fatu being the next program

Thelone

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 73

Post by Thelone » Sep 6th, '19, 09:40

I would think so too, except Ki said a few weeks ago that he was going to be in the middleweight division from now on. Now granted, the middleweight match at the PPV is most likely going to be Hart vs. Aries so they can keep Ki busy elsewhere for a little while, but that'd be odd to cut this promo about leaving the heavyweight division because "this isn't me" just to go back there five seconds later.

And yes, they do love their overly long beatdowns.