Raw Reunion draws WWE's best ratings of 2019

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Raw Reunion draws WWE's best ratings of 2019

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 23rd, '19, 22:22

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Jul 23, 2019 1:51 pm

The Raw Reunion show, as expected did Raw's biggest audience of the year, with 3.09 million viewers.

The previous high of 2.92 million came on the Raw after WrestleMania. Last night's Raw was the most-watched episode of the show since April 23, 2018. It was not only the highest rated show on cable for the night, beating Hannity on Fox News at 3.04 million, but also beat everything except ABC and NBC on television head-to-head.

It was up 26 percent from last week and 11 percent from the same week last year.

They also kept the audience better than most weeks, although even with saving Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and Ric Flair's segment until the end, the third hour did fall from hour number two.

The rating is still an aberration in the sense that the best comparison number, the Raw 25th anniversary show, also bringing back all the stars from the past with a similar format, did 4.53 million viewers 18 months ago, so in a sense it tells you over 18 months they've lost 32 percent of viewers who would come back once for nostalgia purposes, and this show also had Hogan on it.

In going from hour two to hour three, women 18-49 dropped 11 percent while men gained two percent. Teenage girls also dropped 11 percent in hour three while teenage boys gained 12 percent, so the audience staying the full way to see Austin, Hogan, and Flair was the teenagers rather than the adults. The over-50 audience who would be the ones in theory with the most nostalgia thoughts of that group fell five percent, but that is less than usual of a third hour drop.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.02 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.18 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.08 million viewers
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Raw Reunion draws WWE's best ratings of 2019

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 23rd, '19, 22:24

I just don't get it. These guys are great and all, but we've seen so many of them in these do nothing useful nostalgia pop appearances so many times that when they advertise Ric Flair or Steven Austin or Sgt. Slaughter or D-X or Kevin Nash or whoever for an appearance I just groan and hope they don't take up too much time on the show.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 23rd, '19, 22:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 23rd, '19, 22:24 I just don't get it. These guys are great and all, but we've seen so many of them in these do nothing useful nostalgia pop appearances so many times that when they advertise Ric Flair or Steven Austin or Sgt. Slaughter or D-X or Kevin Nash or whoever for an appearance I just groan and hope they don't take up too much time on the show.
Something I was thinking when DX And Hall and Nash showed up was...
Why does it ALWAYS HAVE TO BE an automatic quick cheap pop as faces?

Got-dang forbid we have legends that could Actually help heels out for once...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '19, 23:27

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 23rd, '19, 22:24 I just don't get it. These guys are great and all, but we've seen so many of them in these do nothing useful nostalgia pop appearances so many times that when they advertise Ric Flair or Steven Austin or Sgt. Slaughter or D-X or Kevin Nash or whoever for an appearance I just groan and hope they don't take up too much time on the show.
do you not pay attention to the world? it's all about nostalgia and things we remember from back in the day. Everything was cooler when I was growing up and new generations suck

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '19, 10:53

cero2k wrote: Jul 23rd, '19, 23:27
do you not pay attention to the world? it's all about nostalgia and things we remember from back in the day. Everything was cooler when I was growing up and new generations suck
But WWE has fone this nostalgia stuff with these same guys so often that dont see Joe anyone could not be done with it by now.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 24th, '19, 11:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 24th, '19, 10:53 But WWE has fone this nostalgia stuff with these same guys so often that dont see Joe anyone could not be done with it by now.
that's the beauty of nostalgia, you can keep doing it over and over again, and people keep coming, and with WWE, you can update your nostalgia with newer older wrestlers. Now Kelly Kelly and Hurricane are nostalgia. that's how basic the american culture has become

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 24th, '19, 11:25

cero2k wrote: Jul 24th, '19, 11:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 24th, '19, 10:53 But WWE has fone this nostalgia stuff with these same guys so often that dont see Joe anyone could not be done with it by now.
that's the beauty of nostalgia, you can keep doing it over and over again, and people keep coming, and with WWE, you can update your nostalgia with newer older wrestlers. Now Kelly Kelly and Hurricane are nostalgia. that's how basic the american culture has become
Alicia Fox WAS in fact there as well.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.