John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Serujuunin

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '19, 08:50

Bob-O wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 23:43
Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 20:59
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 19:49

All valid points, but you know I'm just a dang I'm kidder man...

She wasn't bad at all in NXT...it was probably too soon though.
Lol I know, I'm just venting, I guess.

I can't stand her for some reason. I'm not sold on her in the ring and I just find her character obnoxious. Did in NXT too. And I'm kind of over punches as signature moves tbh. I hated it with the Big Show's "WMD", and he even had big enough fists that it made sense. I find it hard to believe IRL that Lacey can punch harder than Becky or Charlotte or Sasha or even Nia Jax.

Maybe Lacey and Nia can feud when she gets back over who gets to use a punch as a finisher since Nia broke Becky's face.
To me, Lacey was brought in to be a "diva" during a time I was pretty happy about the pushes going to "wrestlers" and I resent her for that. I like the character, and she's good at it, but she's drizzling shits in the ring and I got pissed as soon as the dirt sheets started reporting that the plan for 2019 was to go with her and Becky on their respective brands. It gave me some horrible Bella Twin flashbacks and it makes me very angry. Like, Asuke losing to Carmella type of angry. You can't claim to be taking the women seriously and pull this kind of shit at the same time. Having her as a serious contender for either title is the female equivalent of throwing No Way Jose into a program with Seth Rollins for three months because Vince thinks he looks cool.

It's not her fault, but she represents a mindset that disappoints me greatly.
I agree with all of this 100%. And there’s something about her character that, as a woman, just upsets me, and I can’t put my finger on it. It just feels to me like she’s setting women back with her gimmick.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '19, 11:12

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 19:49

All valid points, but you know I'm just a dang I'm kidder man...

She wasn't bad at all in NXT...it was probably too soon though.

I can't stand her for some reason. I'm not sold on her in the ring and I just find her character obnoxious. Did in NXT too. And I'm kind of over punches as signature moves tbh. I hated it with the Big Show's "WMD", and he even had big enough fists that it made sense. I find it hard to believe IRL that Lacey can punch harder than Becky or Charlotte or Sasha or even Nia Jax.

Maybe Lacey and Nia can feud when she gets back over who gets to use a punch as a finisher since Nia broke Becky's face.
Having her as a serious contender for either title is the female equivalent of throwing No Way Jose into a program with Seth Rollins for three months because Vince thinks he looks cool.

See: Corbin, Baron
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '19, 11:29

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 08:50

To me, Lacey was brought in to be a "diva" during a time I was pretty happy about the pushes going to "wrestlers" and I resent her for that. I like the character, and she's good at it, but she's drizzling shits in the ring and I got pissed as soon as the dirt sheets started reporting that the plan for 2019 was to go with her and Becky on their respective brands. It gave me some horrible Bella Twin flashbacks and it makes me very angry. Like, Asuke losing to Carmella type of angry. You can't claim to be taking the women seriously and pull this kind of shit at the same time. Having her as a serious contender for either title is the female equivalent of throwing No Way Jose into a program with Seth Rollins for three months because Vince thinks he looks cool.

I agree with all of this 100%. And there’s something about her character that, as a woman, just upsets me, and I can’t put my finger on it. It just feels to me like she’s setting women back with her gimmick.
You probably feel like "she's overly pushy of this stereotype of how a "lady should act",".
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '19, 11:31

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 11:12

Having her as a serious contender for either title is the female equivalent of throwing No Way Jose into a program with Seth Rollins for three months because Vince thinks he looks cool.

See: Corbin, Baron
He doesn't "look cool" though.

He'll actually probably win Sunday though...or else "NEITHER OF YOU ARE EVER GONNA FACE EITHER OF US AGAIN!"...

I mean, they didn't say no more title matches as long as they're champion...just at all...so I know they can't hold to that...but still lol.

Or there's gonna be a guaranteed cash-in.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '19, 11:34

I don't have a problem with a "character" type -or even a Diva type- being near the title. Or even winning it. But it has to be done the right way.
Carmella's reign did that in theory. The problem was that instead if having several ways for her to cheat to retain to keep the story moving forward, they had one idea that they kept constantly recycling.

Part of the problem with Lacey Evan's is that she is a character and has the work-level of a Diva but they're pushing the character like she is a wrestler-type.
I could see the reasons why they would want to go with her ad Becky's first challenger (,otherwise the character has been on TV for months and done nothing), but pushing her as a top star is yet another manifestation of the problem WWE has been feeling with for years, which is Vince pehhomg guys ad top stars (Roman, Corbin) the moment he first sees them, with mo regard to in-ring ability or ability to connect to the crowd.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '19, 11:36

Which is the true tragedy here, because Mavey Estrella was a freaking MP but Vince can't see past her accent.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '19, 12:31

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 11:36

Which is the true tragedy here, because Mavey Estrella was a freaking MP but Vince can't see past her accent.
I was gonna bring that up, so yeah she MAY have quiet the actual right hand shot lol.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '19, 14:03

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 11:29

You probably feel like "she's overly pushy of this stereotype of how a "lady should act",".
I don’t even think she’s a stereotype of how a lady should act. I think she’s an arrogant, selfish, entitled b*tch lol

EDIT: Okay I just hit up here Wikipedia because I realized I didn’t know much about her... she’s only eight months older than me. What the hell!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 11th, '19, 18:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 11:34

I don't have a problem with a "character" type -or even a Diva type- being near the title. Or even winning it. But it has to be done the right way.
Carmella's reign did that in theory. The problem was that instead if having several ways for her to cheat to retain to keep the story moving forward, they had one idea that they kept constantly recycling.

Part of the problem with Lacey Evan's is that she is a character and has the work-level of a Diva but they're pushing the character like she is a wrestler-type.
I could see the reasons why they would want to go with her ad Becky's first challenger (,otherwise the character has been on TV for months and done nothing), but pushing her as a top star is yet another manifestation of the problem WWE has been feeling with for years, which is Vince pehhomg guys ad top stars (Roman, Corbin) the moment he first sees them, with mo regard to in-ring ability or ability to connect to the crowd.
Vince has a thing for big boobied blondes that aren't Dana Brooke. Always has to be one floating around the top of the card...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '19, 21:04

Bob-O wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 18:46

Vince has a thing for big boobied blondes that aren't Dana Brooke. Always has to be one floating around the top of the card...
Right, but Charlotte and Bliss both fit that bill and are both much better than Lacey in the ring and on the mic. Her look is part of it, but I think Vince also just likes the stereotypical antebellum white southern female as a goofy character.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '19, 21:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 21:04
Bob-O wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 18:46

Right, but Charlotte and Bliss both fit that bill and are both much better than Lacey in the ring and on the mic. Her look is part of it, but I think Vince also just likes the stereotypical antebellum white southern female as a goofy character.
Here we go again. Alexa Bliss is NOT better in-ring than Lacey Evans.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 11th, '19, 23:02

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 21:39 Here we go again. Alexa Bliss is NOT better in-ring than Lacey Evans.
Than Lacey? No...

Alexa's behind the curve, but she looks like AJ fuckin Styles next to Lacey...

I'm surprised she hasn't punched herself in the face yet.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '19, 23:04

Bob-O wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 23:02
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 21:39 Here we go again. Alexa Bliss is NOT better in-ring than Lacey Evans.
Than Lacey? No...

Alexa's behind the curve, but she looks like AJ fuckin Styles next to Lacey...

I'm surprised she hasn't punched herself in the face yet.
I'm with Bob-O and Red. Lacey is dull as dishwater.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 12th, '19, 08:54

Alexa is not behind the curve. You all just done appreciate trash talking and arm-locks.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 12th, '19, 09:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 08:54 Alexa is not behind the curve. You all just done appreciate trash talking and arm-locks.
Evidently she's incapable of any other storylines besides "stabbing everyone in the back"...because heels ? Lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 12th, '19, 09:50

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 09:04
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 08:54 Alexa is not behind the curve. You all just done appreciate trash talking and arm-locks.
Evidently she's incapable of any other storylines besides "stabbing everyone in the back"...because heels ? Lol.
That's Creative's fault; not hers.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 12th, '19, 09:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 09:50
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 09:04
That's Creative's fault; not hers.
It just seems that's all they ever do with her...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 12th, '19, 09:59

Lacey also has her background of being in the military and being a single mom, which got her over in the back, it just hasn't translated to the front. In paper, for a US crowd, she's a great prospect to work with, but Vince couldn't keep it in his pants and pushed her way to quick

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 12th, '19, 10:38

cero2k wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 09:59
Lacey also has her background of being in the military and being a single mom, which got her over in the back, it just hasn't translated to the front. In paper, for a US crowd, she's a great prospect to work with, but Vince couldn't keep it in his pants and pushed her way to quick
Part of the problem, though, is that they haven't done anything to add the marketable shoot aspects of Macey Estrella into the Lacey Evan's character who appears on TV.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 12th, '19, 15:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 10:38
cero2k wrote: Jul 12th, '19, 09:59
Part of the problem, though, is that they haven't done anything to add the marketable shoot aspects of Macey Estrella into the Lacey Evan's character who appears on TV.
If anything there's no real reason she shouldn't be a tough type of standup face.