WWE Raw ratings down six percent, little audience drop during show

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE Raw ratings down six percent, little audience drop during show

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '19, 21:29

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Raw on Monday did 2.35 million viewers, which would have to be considered good by modern standards, particularly against the Home Run Derby.

The Home Run Derby on ESPN did 5.35 million viewers. Raw was seventh for the night on cable, trailing the Home Run Derby, the Home Run Derby prelims, and news shows.

It was down six percent from last week. Raw last year on Home Run Derby night was down nine percent and the year-to-year drop was five percent, one of the lowest in recent memories.

The key was very little audience drop throughout the show, with only a 2.6 percent first-to-third hour drop. The key is once again that women stayed with the show and actually gained over the three hours, with women 18-49 gaining 7.7 percent throughout the show, a figure unheard of for modern Raw.

While the surprisingly good number can partially be traced to last week's show, the gains during the episode, especially given the competition, can only be traced to what was pushed for the third hour.

The third hour was built around Ricochet vs. The Club, Bayley and Nikki Cross in the Beat the Clock challenge, and a main event with Roman Reigns and a mystery partner vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.38 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.35 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.32 million viewers
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Re: WWE Raw ratings down six percent, little audience drop during show

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '19, 21:36

How can they tell demographics from ratings? Like how do they know male from female viewers? If there are men and women in the same house watching it on different TVs, can they tell? I’ve just always been curious.

Can they tell that I’m watching it as a woman?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '19, 22:04

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 21:36 How can they tell demographics from ratings? Like how do they know male from female viewers? If there are men and women in the same house watching it on different TVs, can they tell? I’ve just always been curious.

People with Nielsen boxes fill out personal notebooks with who watched what in addition to the box's recording.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '19, 08:51

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 22:04
Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 21:36 How can they tell demographics from ratings? Like how do they know male from female viewers? If there are men and women in the same house watching it on different TVs, can they tell? I’ve just always been curious.

People with Nielsen boxes fill out personal notebooks with who watched what in addition to the box's recording.
Ooooh that must be a States thing then.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '19, 10:20

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 11th, '19, 08:51
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 22:04

Ooooh that must be a States thing then.
Get out of my house Nielsen! Well, I don't have one...but you get the idea lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.