Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
Bob-O
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jun 4th, '19, 10:10

cero2k wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 22:18
i looked closely to see who this dude was and I actually know who he is, not personally, but he's a PWG regular. if you watch the old Reseda shows, he's usually seated on the left side from the hardcam and looks like Roddy Strong. Scurll once threw Flash Morgan Webster on top of him because he was being annoying. He is most definitely a heckler and not as saint. Again, i don't condone how the situation was handled, but this dude is a loudmouth jock
After all that crap with Enzo and Cass, I don't trust anything Bully Ray is involved in - especially something as absurd as this is sounding.

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 4th, '19, 10:22

Bob-O wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 10:10
cero2k wrote:
i looked closely to see who this dude was and I actually know who he is, not personally, but he's a PWG regular. if you watch the old Reseda shows, he's usually seated on the left side from the hardcam and looks like Roddy Strong. Scurll once threw Flash Morgan Webster on top of him because he was being annoying. He is most definitely a heckler and not as saint. Again, i don't condone how the situation was handled, but this dude is a loudmouth jock
After all that crap with Enzo and Cass, I don't trust anything Bully Ray is involved in - especially something as absurd as this is sounding.

The only way I wanna see him is back with D-von as the original 3-D....none of this stupid "Bully" nonsense. HOW has he used that a name for so long and then others actually call him that as well?

Since D-Von works in the back now though...idk about that lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Post by cero2k » Jun 4th, '19, 10:55

Bob-O wrote:
cero2k wrote:
he's building a long list of bad will for ROH. I hate to see people lose their job, but ROH should really analyze the pros and cons of having him signed

Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 4th, '19, 11:06

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 10:22
Bob-O wrote:
cero2k wrote:

The only way I wanna see him is back with D-von as the original 3-D....none of this stupid "Bully" nonsense. HOW has he used that a name for so long and then others actually call him that as well?

I've been saying this for years.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 4th, '19, 11:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 11:06
KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 10:22
Bob-O wrote:

I've been saying this for years.
We've been agreeing about it for years.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 4th, '19, 18:33

it's barely been about a month and a half. that has to be the shortest honeymoon phase i've seen after debuting in the main roster

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 4th, '19, 18:45

cero2k wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 18:33

it's barely been about a month and a half. that has to be the shortest honeymoon phase i've seen after debuting in the main roster
Can you blame him? He used to be able to have 18-22 minute matches and be in storylines, and now he's lucky if he gets five. So far as I know 205 Live people get main-roster pay but wiht fewer road expenses since they don't work house-shows, so there appears to be zero upside to going to Raw or SD from 205 Live if you're not going to be used. Murphy hasn't been used, either. Lucha House Party are goofs and jobbers, Mustafa Ali has pretty much been turned into a midcarder. Why would anyone want to go to Raw or SD from 205 Live if they can't even give f*cking Cesaro or Bobby Roode time every week, and these are guys whose body-type Vince actually likes.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 4th, '19, 18:56

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 18:45

Can you blame him? He used to be able to have 18-22 minute matches and be in storylines, and now he's lucky if he gets five. So far as I know 205 Live people get main-roster pay but wiht fewer road expenses since they don't work house-shows, so there appears to be zero upside to going to Raw or SD from 205 Live if you're not going to be used. Murphy hasn't been used, either. Lucha House Party are goofs and jobbers, Mustafa Ali has pretty much been turned into a midcarder. Why would anyone want to go to Raw or SD from 205 Live if they can't even give f*cking Cesaro or Bobby Roode time every week, and these are guys whose body-type Vince actually likes.
i don't blame anymore, but i also don't pity them.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 5th, '19, 11:09

cero2k wrote:

Vince realizes he owns NXT and 205, right? /s

I get why he dried up the free agent market, but skimming the top talent off your own shows/brands to hide them away seems counterproductive to the company as a whole...
cero2k wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 18:56
I have an ~amount~ of pity for guys that are on their first deal... Triple H and Co are quite the salesmen, and that WWE Paystub is great validation for anyone that had to defend their decisions on the way up making it an easy sell of what "COULD" happen if you commit to them. After a few years of NOT having the opportunity to do what you love though... not being allowed to do the thing you were willing to forgo college education for... spend more than you're making for... hold your head up high when people ask, "You're a WHAT!? lol, ok..."...to have that taken from you, I have ZERO pity for anyone the renews or extends, as they must have gotten what they wanted. Be happy!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 5th, '19, 11:46

Bob-O wrote:
Jun 5th, '19, 11:09
cero2k wrote:

Vince realizes he owns NXT and 205, right? /s

I get why he dried up the free agent market, but skimming the top talent off your own shows/brands to hide them away seems counterproductive to the company as a whole...
cero2k wrote:
Jun 4th, '19, 18:56
I have an ~amount~ of pity for guys that are on their first deal... Triple H and Co are quite the salesmen, and that WWE Paystub is great validation for anyone that had to defend their decisions on the way up making it an easy sell of what "COULD" happen if you commit to them. After a few years of NOT having the opportunity to do what you love though... not being allowed to do the thing you were willing to forgo college education for... spend more than you're making for... hold your head up high when people ask, "You're a WHAT!? lol, ok..."...to have that taken from you, I have ZERO pity for anyone the renews or extends, as they must have gotten what they wanted. Be happy!
I'd have more sympathy for someone on 205 Live, though, as they appeared to have stumbled upon a loophole in the system, and now Vince has yanked that away from them for no discernible reason.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 5th, '19, 12:01

I just started watching the Portland show, and the first thing we see is Bully Ray shouting at fans, including telling one "is that you're wife? You have to roll over and look at that every morning?"

So tell me again why someone saying basically the exact same thing to Bully's girlfriend is in any way different?

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 5th, '19, 12:23

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 5th, '19, 12:01
I just started watching the Portland show, and the first thing we see is Bully Ray shouting at fans, including telling one "is that you're wife? You have to roll over and look at that every morning?"

So tell me again why someone saying basically the exact same thing to Bully's girlfriend is in any way different?
"He's "being a heel", "and the fan is just way out of line"...

Lol .

Serujuunin
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 5th, '19, 18:17

Bob-O wrote:
Jun 5th, '19, 11:09
... This is Vince we're talking about. I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if he's deliberately compromising NXT and 205Live so Hunter doesn't keep showing up his brands. He's a businessman yes, but he's also insane.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 5th, '19, 23:08

I'm loving reinvented Jon Moxley! It's like old Jon Moxley got a gym membership and remembered what FCW Ambrose wanted to do...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 5th, '19, 23:37

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 6th, '19, 08:05

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 10th, '19, 20:12

They're killing him...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 14th, '19, 09:18

I can't find the exact quote because I'm having trouble navigating their back-issues, but there is a 2001 issue of the PWTorch from around this time that talks about the potential formation of a new kliq which is much friendlier to management than the previous incarnation, and is made up of Justin Credible, X-Pac, Triple H, William Regal, and Albert.

I also heard that a lot of the booking on 205 Live is coming from Adam Pearce.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '19, 10:16

Word going around from a VOW interview is that Juice said he hates working for ROH and Lanza said that other NJPW talent have told him this as well.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 17th, '19, 14:06