The Funny Wrestling Topic

Tell it to the world!!
User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 1st, '19, 23:10

Bob-O wrote:
Jun 1st, '19, 07:24
It blows my mind that WWE kept Jacobs and Archie locked in the writer's room...

I only just realized Steve Corino is hanging around backstage as well...


The "doctors and lawyers who may be watching at home" line got me.


As far as keeping Jimmy locke din a writer's room... it's for the best. They would have had no idea hot to use him. Even NXT probably couldn't. Hell, it took GABE over two years to figure out how best to use Jimmy. Jimmy Jacobs is a good wrestler, but there are many better, even in WWE alone. The thing that makes him stand out are his promos, but in order to really make those an asset, he needs to be put in the right type of long-term story.

Archie defintiely would have been an in-ring assett to WWE in terms of comedy.


As for Corino... the little I've heard about his creative proclivites lead me to conlcude that the best place for him in the wrestkling industry is stuck in WWE Creative where Vince will keep his ideas far away from our TV screens.


Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3373
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jun 2nd, '19, 07:24

Image
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18936
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 2nd, '19, 10:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 1st, '19, 23:10

The "doctors and lawyers who may be watching at home" line got me.


As far as keeping Jimmy locke din a writer's room... it's for the best. They would have had no idea hot to use him. Even NXT probably couldn't. Hell, it took GABE over two years to figure out how best to use Jimmy. Jimmy Jacobs is a good wrestler, but there are many better, even in WWE alone. The thing that makes him stand out are his promos, but in order to really make those an asset, he needs to be put in the right type of long-term story.

Archie defintiely would have been an in-ring assett to WWE in terms of comedy.


As for Corino... the little I've heard about his creative proclivites lead me to conlcude that the best place for him in the wrestkling industry is stuck in WWE Creative where Vince will keep his ideas far away from our TV screens.
granted he was paired up with one of the worst wrestlers i've seen, but Jacobs as a mouthpiece to Kongo Kong on Impact was gold. Dude doesn't need to be wrestling anymore to really make use of his strengths.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 2nd, '19, 10:50

cero2k wrote:
Jun 2nd, '19, 10:11
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 1st, '19, 23:10

The "doctors and lawyers who may be watching at home" line got me.


As far as keeping Jimmy locke din a writer's room... it's for the best. They would have had no idea hot to use him. Even NXT probably couldn't. Hell, it took GABE over two years to figure out how best to use Jimmy. Jimmy Jacobs is a good wrestler, but there are many better, even in WWE alone. The thing that makes him stand out are his promos, but in order to really make those an asset, he needs to be put in the right type of long-term story.

Archie defintiely would have been an in-ring assett to WWE in terms of comedy.


As for Corino... the little I've heard about his creative proclivites lead me to conlcude that the best place for him in the wrestkling industry is stuck in WWE Creative where Vince will keep his ideas far away from our TV screens.
granted he was paired up with one of the worst wrestlers i've seen, but Jacobs as a mouthpiece to Kongo Kong on Impact was gold. Dude doesn't need to be wrestling anymore to really make use of his strengths.
He's almost the kind of guy who needs to be used like an old-school WWF character, where he does stuff and cuts promos to get his character and angle over while only wrestling squashes or matches that are designed for a specific purpose in the storyline, then delivers his big money matches two or three times a year on PPV.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18936
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 3rd, '19, 09:28






User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 4th, '19, 20:24

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 4th, '19, 20:37

Wade Keller wrote:They showed Ziggler watching backstage, but he had his back to the TV screen and body facing the camera, so his head was twisted around to watch the screen.

(Keller’s Analysis: NOBODY WATCHES TV THAT WAY! Wrestlers train for years to try to make fake wrestling moves look real, but WWE can’t be bothered to make wrestlers watching TV look real by having them stand facing the TV. We could still see the wrestler’s profile. It’s not like we won’t recognize Ziggler if he’s not 100 percent facing the camera. It’s just so stupid.)
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '19, 09:07

Stolen from a Bryan & Vinny Show knock-knock joke contest:



Knock knock

Who's there?

Interrupting Ric Flair

Interrupting Ric Fl-WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18936
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 7th, '19, 09:55

what a mark, dude couldn't let it pass


User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '19, 10:06

cero2k wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 09:55
what a mark, dude couldn't let it pass

And building a throne to symbolize someone else just so you can get a pop for smashing it doesn't make you a mark? Why does Cody get a pass and Hunter doesn't? I can read just as much symbolism into Hunter sitting on a rebuilt throne after responding to Double or Nothing with a show that was arguably even better than people chose to find in Cody smashing Hunter's throne, so why is it okay when Cody does it but not okay when Hunter does it?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18936
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 7th, '19, 10:10

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 10:06

And building a throne to symbolize someone else just so you can get a pop for smashing it doesn't make you a mark? Why does Cody get a pass and Hunter doesn't? I can read just as much symbolism into Hunter sitting on a rebuilt throne after responding to Double or Nothing with a show that was arguably even better than people chose to find in Cody smashing Hunter's throne, so why is it okay when Cody does it but not okay when Hunter does it?
cuz Hunter has nothing to prove, and in many different ways, he's in the position to be the better man, but he's not. I also don't see an issue with making fun of the big corporate greedy monster.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '19, 10:11

Reddit has apparently created the ROH version of LOLTNA, and it's utterly brilliant:
Hidden text.
RUH-ROH
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '19, 10:48

cero2k wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 10:10
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 10:06

And building a throne to symbolize someone else just so you can get a pop for smashing it doesn't make you a mark? Why does Cody get a pass and Hunter doesn't? I can read just as much symbolism into Hunter sitting on a rebuilt throne after responding to Double or Nothing with a show that was arguably even better than people chose to find in Cody smashing Hunter's throne, so why is it okay when Cody does it but not okay when Hunter does it?
cuz Hunter has nothing to prove, and in many different ways, he's in the position to be the better man, but he's not. I also don't see an issue with making fun of the big corporate greedy monster.
1. Why doesn't Hunter have something to prove? He was the cool kid in the skate-park with all the coolest tricks but now some new kid has shown up and is doing all of this cool stuff and everyone is going "wow! He's even cooler than Hunter!" and you're telling me that Hunter doesn't have the right to try to prove that the new kid mmight be cool but he's still cooler?

2. WWE was the better man with TNA for YEARS and everyone buried them for disrespecting TNA by not even acknowledging them. And then when WWE finally took a shot at TNA on the air, but people piled on them for being jerks. WWE is going to be made out to be the bad guy no matter what, so they might as well get their licks in.

3. If you want to dislike them for being a "big corporate greedy monster" then that's fine (though I don't see ROH, TNA, AEW, New Japan, or LU paying their roster's health care, either, even though all of their parent companies could easily afford it). But that has nothing to do with what Hunter is respondoing to here. He is responding to the actions of a bitter little douchebag.
And I phrase it that way because that's exactly how people would frame it if it was the other way around. This idea that just because you're "punching up" means that any punching you happen to do is justified is utter bullsh*t. When a poor person steals food from a big chain supermarket we understand it and in some cases even excuse it because that person is stealing to survive, not because being poor makes it okay to steal. A poor person who steals a TV just because he/she wants a TV is just as bad as anyone else stealing a TV. If you don't want wrestling promotions to be petty, that has to go for all of them. You can't pick and choose based on how much you like or dislike each promotion.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18936
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 7th, '19, 13:05

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 10:48
1. Why doesn't Hunter have something to prove? He was the cool kid in the skate-park with all the coolest tricks but now some new kid has shown up and is doing all of this cool stuff and everyone is going "wow! He's even cooler than Hunter!" and you're telling me that Hunter doesn't have the right to try to prove that the new kid mmight be cool but he's still cooler?

2. WWE was the better man with TNA for YEARS and everyone buried them for disrespecting TNA by not even acknowledging them. And then when WWE finally took a shot at TNA on the air, but people piled on them for being jerks. WWE is going to be made out to be the bad guy no matter what, so they might as well get their licks in.

3. If you want to dislike them for being a "big corporate greedy monster" then that's fine (though I don't see ROH, TNA, AEW, New Japan, or LU paying their roster's health care, either, even though all of their parent companies could easily afford it). But that has nothing to do with what Hunter is respondoing to here. He is responding to the actions of a bitter little douchebag.
And I phrase it that way because that's exactly how people would frame it if it was the other way around. This idea that just because you're "punching up" means that any punching you happen to do is justified is utter bullsh*t. When a poor person steals food from a big chain supermarket we understand it and in some cases even excuse it because that person is stealing to survive, not because being poor makes it okay to steal. A poor person who steals a TV just because he/she wants a TV is just as bad as anyone else stealing a TV. If you don't want wrestling promotions to be petty, that has to go for all of them. You can't pick and choose based on how much you like or dislike each promotion.
1. he has the right, but we're talking about a 50 yr old corporate suit. Triple H IS a multi time champion, he calls himself the King of Kings, he married the daughter of the biggest wrestling businessman in history, he is positioned to inherit such company, he has buried and defeated whoever he wanted, and now he's the so called savior of WWE. He has nothing to prove to anyone. If he thinks he needs to go down and show the young kids he can go, then he needs to check himself, overcome his inferiority complex, understand his position, and accept that his current role goes beyond trading shots with the kids. If he's frustrated that Vince won't let him work, then he needs to also accept that the new kids in the skate park are gonna do their thing and he needs to let them work.

2. It will never be the same when the people with power make fun of those without power. If they really consider themselves to be the big boy in town and shit, then play your role. Don't get bothered by what those underneath say, unless of course, you're not really all that big to begin with.

3. Except, as I write this, none of those other companies are running a show in Saudi for that sweet sweet Saudi money. The Khans have more money than Vince, but they're flying a greedy flag above their heads and pretending to be doing it for some social revolution. So yeah, fuck WWE.
Punching up is not justified just for being 'up', it's still who you punch and why you punch. Punching down however, there ain't many ways to justify it, even more so as a retaliation because 'whaw, they hurt my feelings'.
And we're not exactly talking whether's Cody's shot was justified or not here, and you don't need to like it and god knows if he's justified or not. Paul had a chance to be the better man and ignore him, to concern himself with his real problems, but no, his inferiority complex (which he's had FOREVER) comes up and he has to respond, actually justifying Cody's to a lot of fans now that we know that it actually bothers him. WWE should stop circle-jerking each other if they're gonna keep exposing their weaknesses like this.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '19, 14:35

cero2k wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 13:05
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 10:48
1. Why doesn't Hunter have something to prove? He was the cool kid in the skate-park with all the coolest tricks but now some new kid has shown up and is doing all of this cool stuff and everyone is going "wow! He's even cooler than Hunter!" and you're telling me that Hunter doesn't have the right to try to prove that the new kid mmight be cool but he's still cooler?

2. WWE was the better man with TNA for YEARS and everyone buried them for disrespecting TNA by not even acknowledging them. And then when WWE finally took a shot at TNA on the air, but people piled on them for being jerks. WWE is going to be made out to be the bad guy no matter what, so they might as well get their licks in.

3. If you want to dislike them for being a "big corporate greedy monster" then that's fine (though I don't see ROH, TNA, AEW, New Japan, or LU paying their roster's health care, either, even though all of their parent companies could easily afford it). But that has nothing to do with what Hunter is respondoing to here. He is responding to the actions of a bitter little douchebag.
And I phrase it that way because that's exactly how people would frame it if it was the other way around. This idea that just because you're "punching up" means that any punching you happen to do is justified is utter bullsh*t. When a poor person steals food from a big chain supermarket we understand it and in some cases even excuse it because that person is stealing to survive, not because being poor makes it okay to steal. A poor person who steals a TV just because he/she wants a TV is just as bad as anyone else stealing a TV. If you don't want wrestling promotions to be petty, that has to go for all of them. You can't pick and choose based on how much you like or dislike each promotion.
1. he has the right, but we're talking about a 50 yr old corporate suit. Triple H IS a multi time champion, he calls himself the King of Kings, he married the daughter of the biggest wrestling businessman in history, he is positioned to inherit such company, he has buried and defeated whoever he wanted, and now he's the so called savior of WWE. He has nothing to prove to anyone. If he thinks he needs to go down and show the young kids he can go, then he needs to check himself, overcome his inferiority complex, understand his position, and accept that his current role goes beyond trading shots with the kids. If he's frustrated that Vince won't let him work, then he needs to also accept that the new kids in the skate park are gonna do their thing and he needs to let them work.

2. It will never be the same when the people with power make fun of those without power. If they really consider themselves to be the big boy in town and shit, then play your role. Don't get bothered by what those underneath say, unless of course, you're not really all that big to begin with.

3. Except, as I write this, none of those other companies are running a show in Saudi for that sweet sweet Saudi money. The Khans have more money than Vince, but they're flying a greedy flag above their heads and pretending to be doing it for some social revolution. So yeah, fuck WWE.
Punching up is not justified just for being 'up', it's still who you punch and why you punch. Punching down however, there ain't many ways to justify it, even more so as a retaliation because 'whaw, they hurt my feelings'.
And we're not exactly talking whether's Cody's shot was justified or not here, and you don't need to like it and god knows if he's justified or not. Paul had a chance to be the better man and ignore him, to concern himself with his real problems, but no, his inferiority complex (which he's had FOREVER) comes up and he has to respond, actually justifying Cody's to a lot of fans now that we know that it actually bothers him. WWE should stop circle-jerking each other if they're gonna keep exposing their weaknesses like this.

The "taking Saudi money" argument (and the criticism of WWE doing it as a whole) is, in my opinion, bullsh*t, but I'll respond to that later in a thread all it's own.

As for the rest of it:
If AEW want to prove that they can be at WWE's level then they should be acting like someone at WWE's level should act. If Hunter should understand that his role is not to be "trading shots with kids" then when shouldn't Cody understand that his role is not to take shots at the son-in-law of the basketball coach who wouldn't put him in the game? Cody gave himself Hunter's exact titles, didn't he? How are their roles not the same?
This is absolutely about if Cody's shots were justified because you say Hunter is in the wrong for not "being the bigger man" but justify Cody not being the bigger man. WWE has their cultists who get annoyed at what Cody has said and done just like AEW has theres who get annoyed by Hunter responding. Why is it okay for Cody and not okay for Hunter? How is Cody flicking Hunter's nose not Cody failing to "concern himself with his real problems?" At least Hunter's problem (Vince) is something he can't fix.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18936
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 7th, '19, 21:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 14:35

The "taking Saudi money" argument (and the criticism of WWE doing it as a whole) is, in my opinion, bullsh*t, but I'll respond to that later in a thread all it's own.

As for the rest of it:
If AEW want to prove that they can be at WWE's level then they should be acting like someone at WWE's level should act. If Hunter should understand that his role is not to be "trading shots with kids" then when shouldn't Cody understand that his role is not to take shots at the son-in-law of the basketball coach who wouldn't put him in the game? Cody gave himself Hunter's exact titles, didn't he? How are their roles not the same?
This is absolutely about if Cody's shots were justified because you say Hunter is in the wrong for not "being the bigger man" but justify Cody not being the bigger man. WWE has their cultists who get annoyed at what Cody has said and done just like AEW has theres who get annoyed by Hunter responding. Why is it okay for Cody and not okay for Hunter? How is Cody flicking Hunter's nose not Cody failing to "concern himself with his real problems?" At least Hunter's problem (Vince) is something he can't fix.
all your defense of Levesque is "well, AEW is doing it too". How is that an excuse? The kids are being shit, so the adults can be shit too. That doesn't validate Hunter. And if you're problem is that people shit on Hunter and not on Cody, then comes to show who has better will with the fans for not being a shithead for the last 20 years. Can you really blame people for identifying more with Cody than Hunter? No matter how you want to twist it, Cody will always be the underdog against the WWE, because it's not about work titles, it's about the overall perception of the person and the company with the people.

I'm not saying Hunter is in the wrong, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, hell, i'm not even saying Cody is right either; i'm just calling Hunter out for being a petti insecure man, and it doesn't matter who takes the shots, he's insecure, he's always been, and regardless of what you think of Cody, it doesn't make Hunter a victim that is valiantly defending himself.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3373
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa
Contact:

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Bob-O » Jun 10th, '19, 20:50

"I'm not Hornswaggle! I'm just a... very small man."

Hahahahah! Omg...

This whole bit was pretty good, but THAT made me actually lol. If they (the writers) realize Heath is a referee I will forgive WWE of a few sins...

Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23935
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 10th, '19, 22:29

cero2k wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 21:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 14:35

The "taking Saudi money" argument (and the criticism of WWE doing it as a whole) is, in my opinion, bullsh*t, but I'll respond to that later in a thread all it's own.

As for the rest of it:
If AEW want to prove that they can be at WWE's level then they should be acting like someone at WWE's level should act. If Hunter should understand that his role is not to be "trading shots with kids" then when shouldn't Cody understand that his role is not to take shots at the son-in-law of the basketball coach who wouldn't put him in the game? Cody gave himself Hunter's exact titles, didn't he? How are their roles not the same?
This is absolutely about if Cody's shots were justified because you say Hunter is in the wrong for not "being the bigger man" but justify Cody not being the bigger man. WWE has their cultists who get annoyed at what Cody has said and done just like AEW has theres who get annoyed by Hunter responding. Why is it okay for Cody and not okay for Hunter? How is Cody flicking Hunter's nose not Cody failing to "concern himself with his real problems?" At least Hunter's problem (Vince) is something he can't fix.
all your defense of Levesque is "well, AEW is doing it too". How is that an excuse? The kids are being shit, so the adults can be shit too. That doesn't validate Hunter. And if you're problem is that people shit on Hunter and not on Cody, then comes to show who has better will with the fans for not being a shithead for the last 20 years. Can you really blame people for identifying more with Cody than Hunter? No matter how you want to twist it, Cody will always be the underdog against the WWE, because it's not about work titles, it's about the overall perception of the person and the company with the people.

I'm not saying Hunter is in the wrong, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, hell, i'm not even saying Cody is right either; i'm just calling Hunter out for being a petti insecure man, and it doesn't matter who takes the shots, he's insecure, he's always been, and regardless of what you think of Cody, it doesn't make Hunter a victim that is valiantly defending himself.
But you are saying Hunter is in the wrong and that Cody is right. They're both doing the same thing, but you keep insisting that Hunter is "petty" while saying no such thing about Cody.
The metaphor you've used the entire time- that Hunter is the one who is "supposed to be an adult" while the AEW guys are just "kids"- is completely baseless. All of these people are grown f*cking adults. If you're going to say that Hunter should act like an adult, that needs to apply to the AEW crew, too. People like underdogs, yes, but not when the underdog is being a dick. No one was booing when Braun Strowman was kicking Lio Rush's ass.

And it very much does matter who fired first (it was AEW fired first with their VP titles). Being a dick back to someone is still being a dick, but it's better than being the guy who was a dick completely unprovoked.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5723
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 10th, '19, 22:50

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 10th, '19, 22:29
cero2k wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 21:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 7th, '19, 14:35

The "taking Saudi money" argument (and the criticism of WWE doing it as a whole) is, in my opinion, bullsh*t, but I'll respond to that later in a thread all it's own.

As for the rest of it:
If AEW want to prove that they can be at WWE's level then they should be acting like someone at WWE's level should act. If Hunter should understand that his role is not to be "trading shots with kids" then when shouldn't Cody understand that his role is not to take shots at the son-in-law of the basketball coach who wouldn't put him in the game? Cody gave himself Hunter's exact titles, didn't he? How are their roles not the same?
This is absolutely about if Cody's shots were justified because you say Hunter is in the wrong for not "being the bigger man" but justify Cody not being the bigger man. WWE has their cultists who get annoyed at what Cody has said and done just like AEW has theres who get annoyed by Hunter responding. Why is it okay for Cody and not okay for Hunter? How is Cody flicking Hunter's nose not Cody failing to "concern himself with his real problems?" At least Hunter's problem (Vince) is something he can't fix.
all your defense of Levesque is "well, AEW is doing it too". How is that an excuse? The kids are being shit, so the adults can be shit too. That doesn't validate Hunter. And if you're problem is that people shit on Hunter and not on Cody, then comes to show who has better will with the fans for not being a shithead for the last 20 years. Can you really blame people for identifying more with Cody than Hunter? No matter how you want to twist it, Cody will always be the underdog against the WWE, because it's not about work titles, it's about the overall perception of the person and the company with the people.

I'm not saying Hunter is in the wrong, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, hell, i'm not even saying Cody is right either; i'm just calling Hunter out for being a petti insecure man, and it doesn't matter who takes the shots, he's insecure, he's always been, and regardless of what you think of Cody, it doesn't make Hunter a victim that is valiantly defending himself.
But you are saying Hunter is in the wrong and that Cody is right. They're both doing the same thing, but you keep insisting that Hunter is "petty" while saying no such thing about Cody.
The metaphor you've used the entire time- that Hunter is the one who is "supposed to be an adult" while the AEW guys are just "kids"- is completely baseless. All of these people are grown f*cking adults. If you're going to say that Hunter should act like an adult, that needs to apply to the AEW crew, too. People like underdogs, yes, but not when the underdog is being a dick. No one was booing when Braun Strowman was kicking Lio Rush's ass.

And it very much does matter who fired first (it was AEW fired first with their VP titles). Being a dick back to someone is still being a dick, but it's better than being the guy who was a dick completely unprovoked.
Why are you two fat boys arguing this in the HAHAHA Funny Wrestling Topic?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5723
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 10th, '19, 22:51

Bob-O wrote:
Jun 10th, '19, 20:50
"I'm not Hornswaggle! I'm just a... very small man."

Hahahahah! Omg...

This whole bit was pretty good, but THAT made me actually lol. If they (the writers) realize Heath is a referee I will forgive WWE of a few sins...

I saw something about the latest Firefly Funhouse...and this was the greatest one yet lmao. Poses several questions as well...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests