Just Read An Interesting Theory About The Corbin/Angle Storyline...

Tell it to the world!!
Bob-O

Just Read An Interesting Theory About The Corbin/Angle Storyline...

Post by Bob-O » Apr 16th, '19, 09:44

...that the whole long-term program was intended for Jason Jordan who was replaced with Corbin when they realized Jordan wouldn't be coming back. It was just a theory, but it's so obvious, and also makes me sad that it:

A) Would have been REALLY GOOD considering how Jordan was really coming into his own with the character from week to week.

B) Illustrates how much they see (or saw) in Corbin over so many other guys on the roster that could have easily taken the role so much further... Tye Dillinger anyone? Tyler Breeze? Dare I say Mojo? It could have been a huge heel turn for somebody like a Heath Slater or Zack Ryder that could have absolutely gotten it over. But, they went with Corbin well past the point of no return.

But, if the theory has any weight, it does show that WWE does have some sort of commitment to sticking to a long-term plan. This was Jordan's plan (or Angle's exit plan, however you want to look at it), given to Corbin, and carried through all the way to (what I assume to be) the end in retiring Angle at Wrestlemania, despite fans literally begging for ANYONE else. WWE stuck to their guns, which I'll admit might have been a time to adapt as so many other guys could have used this to become legit stars, but I think it's also important that they had a plan for Angle to get a talent from that class over on his way out THAT LONG ago and stuck with it instead of going with nostalgia or one of the random farewell matches we got the weeks prior.

Big Red Machine

Re: Just Read An Interesting Theory About The Corbin/Angle Storyline...

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 16th, '19, 10:05

1. I see nothing resembling any actual evidence for this.
2. I don't think the whole "he stole the GM spot out from under Kurt" story would have worked well at all in an attempted son turns heel on his father" angle, and doubly so with two guys whose biggest claims to fame and whose characters are based on being successful amateur wrestlers.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 16th, '19, 10:06

so this meant that JJ was going to be Constable Jordan? and why not replace him with Gable? it still doesn't give me peace about Angle's final match

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 16th, '19, 13:20

Anyone but Corbin.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.