Guys, I need advice

Tell it to the world!!
Serujuunin

Guys, I need advice

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 16th, '19, 20:45

My mom wants to get into NXT so she's tasked me with putting a list of matches together to show her, and I picked a lot of my favourites, but I would like to know if there's something not on my list that would be good to include.

So far I have:
- Aleister v Andrade for the NXT Championship
- Adam Cole v Aleister Black- Extreme Rules
- Adam Cole v Ricochet- North American Championship Match
- Adam Cole v Pete Dunne v Ricochet- North American Championship Match
- DIY v Aleister Black and Ricochet- Semi-finals of DRTTC

I've chosen these ones in particular because she's sort of familiar with most of the guys, and Ricochet v Gargano for the North American Championship is not on here because I've already made her watch it- that's the match that started all of this actually. I kinda wanna include Halftime Heat just because it was silly fun, and I'm also thinking about both of the War Games matches too... But that's a lot of wrestling for one evening!

So for my friends that watch NXT... What am I missing?

EDIT: I'm trying to steer away from matches without a clean ending- both of us get really annoyed at those :P

Big Red Machine

Re: Guys, I need advice

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '19, 22:16

You're looking for stuff more in the current NXT landscape, or some of the older stuff, too?
Depending how far you're willing to go back, I consider American Alpha vs. Revival and Roode vs. Nakamura from Mania weekend to be must-watch. Also, DIY vs. Revival, and AoP vs. DIY Ladder Match, Gargano vs. Almas for the NXT Title, and the Asuka vs. Ember Moon title match from TakeOver: Brooklyn III.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '19, 10:20

I think it will depend on what she's into, but the whole Cesaro vs Zayn into Zayn vs Neville into Zayn vs Owens was a great story. The build up to Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley vs Becky and their singles matches too.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 17th, '19, 10:48

I’m trying to keep it to guys that are currently there so that when she goes to pick it up she knows some of the guys. I’m not sure how American Alpha v The Revival slipped my mind, that one was amazing. And I’ve been telling her how good The Revival are and how poorly they’re being used on the main roster so that will support my argument! :P

You guys have given me so many more ideas now that I don’t think this is going to be a one night affair... There’s way too much! I guess I have to prune my list a bit lol

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 17th, '19, 10:54

Kairi Sane V Shayna Bazler from that one takeover where Sane won the title. That was a great emotional match.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 17th, '19, 12:54

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 22:16 You're looking for stuff more in the current NXT landscape, or some of the older stuff, too?
Depending how far you're willing to go back, I consider American Alpha vs. Revival and Roode vs. Nakamura from Mania weekend to be must-watch. Also, DIY vs. Revival, and AoP vs. DIY Ladder Match, Gargano vs. Almas for the NXT Title, and the Asuka vs. Ember Moon title match from TakeOver: Brooklyn III.
So, I am having a hard time choosing... Which DIY v Revival are you referring to specifically?

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 17th, '19, 12:55

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 17th, '19, 10:54 Kairi Sane V Shayna Bazler from that one takeover where Sane won the title. That was a great emotional match.
Ooooh yes, and Baszler is a FABULOUS heel.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '19, 12:58

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 17th, '19, 12:54
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 16th, '19, 22:16 You're looking for stuff more in the current NXT landscape, or some of the older stuff, too?
So, I am having a hard time choosing... Which DIY v Revival are you referring to specifically?
Toronto, but the Brooklyn one is also awesome (and there might be some spots in the Toronto one that specifically reference the Brooklyn one).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 17th, '19, 13:00

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 17th, '19, 12:58
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 17th, '19, 12:54
Toronto, but the Brooklyn one is also awesome (and there might be some spots in the Toronto one that specifically reference the Brooklyn one).
Sweet, I will go back and watch those again right now. Thank you!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 18th, '19, 04:25

I forget which TakeOver it's from, but Bayley winning the title from Charlotte is one of, if not my favorite women's match of all time.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 18th, '19, 07:14

Bob-O wrote: Mar 18th, '19, 04:25 I forget which TakeOver it's from, but Bayley winning the title from Charlotte is one of, if not my favorite women's match of all time.
You mean Sasha?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation