Minute Maid Park to host WWE Royal Rumble 2020

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Minute Maid Park to host WWE Royal Rumble 2020

Post by cero2k » Feb 15th, '19, 19:45

Source: f4wonline.com

WWE is bringing the Royal Rumble to another baseball stadium in 2020.

WWE announced via the Houston Chronicle tonight that Royal Rumble 2020 will take place at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas on Sunday, January 26. This will be the second straight year a baseball stadium has hosted the Rumble, with last month's event having been held at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona.

Minute Maid Park is the home of the Houston Astros.

"We had a wonderful experience at Chase Field, and that underscored our excitement with the decision to place the 2020 Royal Rumble at Minute Maid Park,” WWE executive vice president of special events John Saboor said.

“We want to expose the WWE brand and its events to as many people as possible, and the size of facilities in which we present our major events is a key catalyst.”

This will be the first time the Royal Rumble has taken place in Houston since 1989.

Houston's Toyota Center is hosting Elimination Chamber this Sunday. Fans in attendance "will receive a pre-sale offer to buy tickets to Royal Rumble before the general public."

Bob-O

Re: Minute Maid Park to host WWE Royal Rumble 2020

Post by Bob-O » Feb 15th, '19, 22:27

Erie is snubbed again...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 15th, '19, 22:45

I wonder when they're gonna bring a big show to Missippippi. They're at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Colosseum every year or maybe more for house shows and other weekly television. Swagger was leaving there years ago when he got popped for dope actually lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 15th, '19, 23:22

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 15th, '19, 22:45 I wonder when they're gonna bring a big show to Missippippi. They're at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Colosseum every year or maybe more for house shows and other weekly television. Swagger was leaving there years ago when he got popped for dope actually lol.
I remember that!

Back when houses were WAAAAY down, they taped Raw in Erie a few times. We were also one of the towns they really pissed off by having a house shows on Monday nights after taping Raw in Cleveland or Pittsburgh... fans thinking it was going to be live...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 15th, '19, 23:25

Bob-O wrote: Feb 15th, '19, 23:22
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 15th, '19, 22:45 I wonder when they're gonna bring a big show to Missippippi. They're at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Colosseum every year or maybe more for house shows and other weekly television. Swagger was leaving there years ago when he got popped for dope actually lol.
I remember that!

Back when houses were WAAAAY down, they taped Raw in Erie a few times. We were also one of the towns they really pissed off by having a house shows on Monday nights after taping Raw in Cleveland or Pittsburgh... fans thinking it was going to be live...
Yeah they do live weekly shows there as well, but I'm honestly not sure if they'd ever do anything like Wrestlemania there...is it even ANYWHERE NEAR APPROPRIATE SIZE?!? Probably not lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 15th, '19, 23:31

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 15th, '19, 23:25 Yeah they do live weekly shows there as well, but I'm honestly not sure if they'd ever do anything like Wrestlemania there...is it even ANYWHERE NEAR APPROPRIATE SIZE?!? Probably not lol
lmao oh god no. That's the joke.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 15th, '19, 23:36

Bob-O wrote: Feb 15th, '19, 23:31
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 15th, '19, 23:25 Yeah they do live weekly shows there as well, but I'm honestly not sure if they'd ever do anything like Wrestlemania there...is it even ANYWHERE NEAR APPROPRIATE SIZE?!? Probably not lol
lmao oh god no. That's the joke.
I mean in south Mississippi as well lol.

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 16th, '19, 04:31

As long as they avoid those horrible graphics. That’s the important thing, those graphics were terrible and I found them crap. If you’re in a place where you can’t build a set, own it. They always managed it for MSG.

And don’t graphic in a Wrestlemania sign for Rollins to point at even though we all clearly noticed that there didn’t appear to be one there for the rest of the fucking show!
Have A Nice Day!