Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 10th, '19, 12:36

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 11:46
Serujuunin wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 11:40
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 7th, '19, 15:20 I'm not sure where it was said, it might have been in this topic....but yes...Shayna is 225 % better than Rhonda. After watching Nxt...she's on a level the other 3 are nowhere near at all.
Shayna has waaaaay more character and charisma than the other 3, and it comes out in the way she carries herself, the way she wrestles... everything she does is always in character and she’s a fabulous heel.

That being said, I don’t want her to get called up because main roster will ruin her, just like everyone else...
I mean she's also the only one with any other prior wrestling history and experience beforehand. I know she's done SHINE or Shimmer or something in the past.
I think it was mostly SHIMMER, STARDOM, and AIW she was doing, but I think this is the biggest factor. Also, I believe she's the one of them who is closest with Josh Barnett and was something of a protege of his during her formative years as an MMA star, which, when combined with her already being a wrestling fan, is definitely going to lead to her winding up with a more pro wrestling-esque MMA persona. She even named her Twister the "Shwing."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 10th, '19, 23:03

I'm gonna go on what I think is a limb and say this.

I love Dolph Ziggler just the way he is and I wish he'd get an actual real main event run with more matches against guys like Seth Rollins.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 10th, '19, 23:08

Serujuunin wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 23:03 I'm gonna go on what I think is a limb and say this.

I love Dolph Ziggler just the way he is and I wish he'd get an actual real main event run with more matches against guys like Seth Rollins.
Nope. Finally a good one. He's too loud, obnoxious, and over the top. He's also just too weird and eccentric for no reason. He's had his big time main event chances. We've talked about him over and over again.

I'm not even sure if he's in the top margin of talent anymore with all the new signings.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '19, 00:00

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 23:08
Serujuunin wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 23:03 I'm gonna go on what I think is a limb and say this.

Nope. Finally a good one. He's too loud, obnoxious, and over the top. He's also just too weird and eccentric for no reason.
All of this. He goes so hard and over the top with the "I'm going to steal the show and be the best in the ring. Every. Single. Day" that he's become a sort of self-pardoy and thus impossible to take seriously.

I think Seru wins the thread.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '19, 09:05

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 11th, '19, 00:00
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 10th, '19, 23:08

Nope. Finally a good one. He's too loud, obnoxious, and over the top. He's also just too weird and eccentric for no reason.
All of this. He goes so hard and over the top with the "I'm going to steal the show and be the best in the ring. Every. Single. Day" that he's become a sort of self-pardoy and thus impossible to take seriously.

I think Seru wins the thread.
Furthermore, He's just ridiculous and sigh/groan inducing and was usually the mute or fast forward moment for me personally. Plus that whole thing about "he's not Shawn Michaels." Hell...he's not Marty Jannety either.

Ha got 'em!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '19, 09:08

Though I will say this...I'm not even sure WHY he's being allowed to keep doing promos like that...over and over...and over again.

WHO thinks this works?

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 11th, '19, 09:29

Haha that’s why I said it. I knew no one would agree with me.

All that stuff just doesn’t bug me, but I might be a little biased. I met him a few years ago and he’s the nicest guy. I think it maybe colored my perspective a little. Just like how I can’t hate The Miz anymore because he was just the nicest guy at the last house show I was at, and so likeable, that now I can’t properly see him as a heel.

Dolph is a little over the top sometimes the way he sells though...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '19, 12:02

Again with all the Richochets, Andrande Cien Almas, Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali types and others...Ziggler is nowhere near an elite standout for me anymore. He's right where he should be at this point.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '19, 16:20

There's some bits I don't have much knowledge or experience of...but Raven should have saw more success on a larger stage.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 11th, '19, 23:03

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 11th, '19, 16:20 There's some bits I don't have much knowledge or experience of...but Raven should have saw more success on a larger stage.
You're not the only one.

He got Russo'd and never really recovered. His match with Goldberg where he dropped the US Title is one of my guilty pleasures. I'm not sure why WWE never saw any value in him...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '19, 23:11

Bob-O wrote: Feb 11th, '19, 23:03
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 11th, '19, 16:20 There's some bits I don't have much knowledge or experience of...but Raven should have saw more success on a larger stage.
You're not the only one.

He got Russo'd and never really recovered. His match with Goldberg where he dropped the US Title is one of my guilty pleasures. I'm not sure why WWE never saw any value in him...
Always one of the best promo guys that instantly comes to my mind but never won it big in WWE or WCW...WWE literally never gave him anything but...27 hardcore titles.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 12th, '19, 10:03

I got used to "Dolph Ziggler", I got used to "Daniel Bryan", and I get used to people losing half their name... repetition is key, that said...

I might be the only person in the world that think this but, "NXT" always has and always will sound stupid.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '19, 10:15

Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:03 I got used to "Dolph Ziggler", I got used to "Daniel Bryan", and I get used to people losing half their name... repetition is key, that said...

I might be the only person in the world that think this but, "NXT" always has and always will sound stupid.
it doesn't stand for anything!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 12th, '19, 10:30

cero2k wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:15
Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:03 I got used to "Dolph Ziggler", I got used to "Daniel Bryan", and I get used to people losing half their name... repetition is key, that said...

...and it can't! With a 2nd Grader and a Preschooler, I can confidently state that there are only 2 words in the English language that start with 'X' and neither one of them apply to wrestling.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 10:53

Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:30
cero2k wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:15

...and it can't! With a 2nd Grader and a Preschooler, I can confidently state that there are only 2 words in the English language that start with 'X' and neither one of them apply to wrestling.
Pretty sure it's "New Xylophone Training."

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 12th, '19, 10:58

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:53 Pretty sure it's "New Xylophone Training."
No X-Rays Tomorrow

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '19, 11:07

Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:30
are you some kind of snub!? There is a really special wrestling word that belongs here, all the way back from the 90's and the color of Mountain Dew, and that word is...
Hidden text.
X-TREME!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 11:12

Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:58
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:53 Pretty sure it's "New Xylophone Training."
No X-Rays Tomorrow
No Xenophobes Today!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 11:26

...But why is Baron Corbin still dressing like this if he's no longer "that one corporate guy"?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '19, 12:07

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 11:26 ...But why is Baron Corbin still dressing like this if he's no longer "that one corporate guy"?
Maybe he likes dressing that way?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation