NXT House Show 11/10/2018 Results

Warning: Spoilers Inside
Big Red Machine

NXT House Show 11/10/2018 Results

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 11th, '18, 14:19

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/n ... ues-269911

By JJ Williams | @JJWilliamsWON | Nov 11, 2018 10:43 am

Last night's estimated attendance: 300 people.

- Heavy Machinery & Jessie Elaban defeated Boa, Rocky & Xia Li

Heavy Machinery won with the Trash Compactor.

- Punishment Martinez defeated Brennan Williams

Martinez hit a sidewalk chokeslam to win.

- Io Shirai & Taynara Conti defeated Reina Gonzalez & Aliyah

Shirai won it for her team with a hop-up moonsault.

- Matt Riddle defeated Dominik Dijakovic

This was one of the best singles matches in recent history on the Florida loop.

Dijakovic overpowered Riddle early, using overhead and rag-doll throws while controlling the pace. It broke down in to a strike exchange with loud chops and Riddle throwing kicks. Dijakovic kicked out of the Bro to Sleep and bridging German combo but wasn't able to avoid the running knee before tapping out to the Bromission.

- Johnny Gargano defeated Humberto Carrillo

There was a split crowd for this one with “Johnny Gargano Did Nothing Wrong” chants followed by "Yes He Did/Johnny Sucks" chants.Gargano raised Carrillo’s head with his foot like Aleister Black does and hit a superkick to win it.

After the match, Gargano took the mic and said that he's the good guy here and the hero. Black’s music hit and Gargano ran off. Black then kicked Carrillo to send a message to Gargano.

- Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) defeated The Mighty & Saurav Gurjar

The crowd loved Undisputed Era here. O'Reilly and Fish got the win with Total Elimination.

- Mia Yim defeated Chelsea Green

Green kept going for her lipstick to put on herself and Yim. Yim won with a package sit-out powerbomb, which the crowd loved.

- NXT North American Champion Ricochet defeated Kona Reeves (w/ Vanessa Borne) to retain his title

There were a lot of distractions by Borne in this one, but Ricochet survived and the referee finally threw her out of ringside. Ricochet hit the Cradle Shock to retain.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: NXT House Show 11/10/2018 Results

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 11th, '18, 14:19

That Gargano stuff is kind of interesting.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 13:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 11th, '18, 14:19 That Gargano stuff is kind of interesting.
Almost sounds like an "open to interpretation" angle. I don't like those chants though. Too me too long of chants with too many words don't work. I suppose to an extent, any chants reacting in the right way are good and are the designated outcome being gone for.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 12th, '18, 13:16

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 13:10
Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 11th, '18, 14:19 That Gargano stuff is kind of interesting.
Almost sounds like an "open to interpretation" angle. I don't like those chants though. Too me too long of chants with too many words don't work. I suppose to an extent, any chants reacting in the right way are good and are the designated outcome being gone for.
long chants are ok if they fit to a tune and rhythm, kinda like "Let’s go Chuck Taylor, you’re the best wrestler in the world you’re in way better shape than Tyler Black!"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 13:36

See...no. Absolutely not. I don't wanna hear something like that being chanted for a period of time because it just seems overdone. Chants should be 4 or 5 words at the most to me.

Anything else just doesn't seem right.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 12th, '18, 14:22

They're okay if they fit a rhythm, but I still want it to sound like a chant. "You're gonna get you're f*cking head kicked in!" is long but fine. But a lot of the singing stuff just doesn't work for me once the match gets going. It's an atmosphere that doens't mesh with the emotions the wrestlers are displaying in the ring.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 12th, '18, 17:20

How about Undisputed Era getting booked as babyfaces...?

The crowd was into it, as live crowds will do, but they were BOOKED that way. Gargano's been playing his angle up on Twitter, so I'm not surprised by that - intrigued yes, but surprised no. UE does as UE does... I wonder if they might be going a 'Tweener route with them. Beyond Ricochet and Dunne, if they're going throw a question mark on Gargano and Black for the sake of the angle, they're lacking a bit on the babyface side of things. I hope to God they turn EC3 back to heel in favor of this...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 17:37

Yeah. Fuck that singin' shit. If one more crowd starts singing themes that don't even words....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 12th, '18, 18:41

Bob-O wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 17:20 How about Undisputed Era getting booked as babyfaces...?

The crowd was into it, as live crowds will do, but they were BOOKED that way. Gargano's been playing his angle up on Twitter, so I'm not surprised by that - intrigued yes, but surprised no. UE does as UE does... I wonder if they might be going a 'Tweener route with them. Beyond Ricochet and Dunne, if they're going throw a question mark on Gargano and Black for the sake of the angle, they're lacking a bit on the babyface side of things. I hope to God they turn EC3 back to heel in favor of this...
I don't think Black is questionable. He's still a babyface. It's just Gargano who is questionable if you follow Gargano's logic, which still feels heelish to me.

As for Undisputed Era, they weren't booked as faces so much as booked to let fans cheer them if they wanted. It was a heel vs. heel match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 18:54

I still remember how they said , when Nakamura turned heel...he changed his entrance theme so they'd stop all that weird singing lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 13th, '18, 10:48

I think the real babyface here is Humberto Carillo.