Mike Johnson Explains Braun Strowman's Position

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

Mike Johnson Explains Braun Strowman's Position

Post by Bob-O » Nov 8th, '18, 07:39

Source: wrestlingnews.co

Coming out of Friday’s Crown Jewel show, one of the big stories is Brock Lesnar winning the Universal Championship. Another story coming out of that match was how they booked Lesnar to destroy Strowman. It came off as a burial to some but Dave Meltzer reported that the idea was that Strowman never really recovered after getting hit with the Universal Title by Baron Corbin. There could be more behind the reason why Strowman was booked the way he was on Friday.

Mike Johnson provided some interesting news on a recent PWInsider audio show that might put some of this into perspective.

“One of the things that I heard from multiple people – we’re talking 4 different people. There are times where Strowman is negligent when it comes to showing up on time,” Johnson said. He added “He has a reputation at times for leaving a little early and sometimes he makes mistakes in terms of etiquette in the backstage in the locker room. Sometimes, as one person put it, he’s his own worst enemy and his worst advocate. They would be high on him and just when he gets to the point where you would think the next step is putting him into the centerpiece position for the company [then] something happens and he makes some sort of misstep backstage and people within management kind of cool on him and they take a step back.”

Johnson theorized that WWE likes him but they don’t trust him and then management decides to pull back on his push because they don’t trust him to be in the top spot. The stories about showing up late and leaving early are things he heard in the last few days.

It’s ironic because Brock Lesnar has a reputation for leaving the arena immediately after he is done with his segment but there are different rules for him than the rest of the locker room.

Big Red Machine

Re: Mike Johnson Explains Braun Strowman's Position

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 8th, '18, 07:48

So they're so uncomfortable with the idea of giving Braun a shot that they spent millions of dollars and pissed off fans to bring Brock back again.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 08:33

Wow lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 8th, '18, 09:09

in order to feel that level of distrust, he must have been acting like that for a long time, like a long long time, yet they still build him up to win the championship without correcting his behavior backstage? Sounds like BS and WWE is throwing him under the bus, or WWE could straight up be completely incompetent? nah i can't the be the latter.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 09:32

cero2k wrote: Nov 8th, '18, 09:09 in order to feel that level of distrust, he must have been acting like that for a long time, like a long long time, yet they still build him up to win the championship without correcting his behavior backstage? Sounds like BS and WWE is throwing him under the bus, or WWE could straight up be completely incompetent? nah i can't the be the latter.
Yeah, this almost sounds like that make him "That motha fucker"/ number 1 guy and champion...because he's not always guaranteed first to arrive and last one to leave.

He's been to ridiculously, insanely over, to as you said, not get everything in order.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 09:33

Yeah, this could also be some veiled attempt at explaining why they're just unsure about a new top guy with Reigns not here at the moment.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 10:27

THAT perfectly explains why they had that match go as they did also...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 8th, '18, 11:35

More-"never really recovered from the shot from the title"

This is a fuckin' killa'...has gone through the ring, the stage, the guard rail, and had pretty much everything else to him and came right back, but now You're telling me a fool like Corbin hitting him with a weapon is supposed to seriously damage him?

You could argue he shouldn't have even gone down!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 10th, '18, 19:02

We're discussing wrestling on the internet. These things happen (a lot). But, the article I linked seemed to sum up the quote and everything around it nicely. I'm not sure how what was said, while on the topic they were on, could be taken out of context - but I didn't listen to it with my own ears... maybe he was being sarcastic... ?... but apparently Mr Johnson has put his foot in his mouth and would like to make people feel stupid because he's an idiot.

We're just grasping for ANYTHING resembling a reason that Strowman is not holding that title right now. Anything. Did Make-A-Wish step in? Maybe some sick kid out there really likes Lesnar? Maybe they thought Braun didn't want to be champion, they never asked him? USA Network thinks the belt is ugly, doesn't want it on the show? A. N. Y. T. H. I. N. G.

Ol' "Rumor Mill" Johnson got Scherer's weiner out his mouth for a second and spouted off some shit that he knew DAMN WELL people were going to bite on, because it's the biggest WTF thing out there right now. Don't go blaming other people for quoting you, ya asshole, when you gave what sounded like a legit reason when there was none previously.

/rant, but there you go. To help my boy Mike out, those were NOT reasons they didn't go with Strowman at Crown Jewel... they MIGHT be reasons they didn't go with Strowman at Crown Jewel.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 11th, '18, 11:03

I'd say they didn't want the inaugural big title win, to be remembered and associated with having finally happened, in Saudia Arabia of all places after all of the uproar from everywhere. I'm not sure what else to say at this point.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 12th, '18, 14:31

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 11th, '18, 11:03 I'd say they didn't want the inaugural big title win, to be remembered and associated with having finally happened, in Saudia Arabia of all places after all of the uproar from everywhere. I'm not sure what else to say at this point.
That’s literally the only thing I can think of that even makes a lick of sense.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 12th, '18, 14:49

Serujuunin wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 14:31
KILLdozer wrote: Nov 11th, '18, 11:03 I'd say they didn't want the inaugural big title win, to be remembered and associated with having finally happened, in Saudia Arabia of all places after all of the uproar from everywhere. I'm not sure what else to say at this point.
That’s literally the only thing I can think of that even makes a lick of sense.
The more I think about it, the more sense this makes. All of the speculation for Survivor Series right now points to Strowman costing Lesnar the match with AJ (which makes sense as it protects Brock and WWE Champion AJ Styles doesn't have to lose to Brock two years in a row), then you can have Brock show up announced at TLC to cost Braun his match, have Braun beat Brock for the belt at the Rumble (which they booked for a big stadium this year), and then you have a ready-made challenger for Braun for February in the guy who Brock helped beat him at TLC (probably Corbin).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 15:20

That's way too long and far away though. End this nonsense and right these wrongs immediately.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 12th, '18, 15:44

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 14:49
The more I think about it, the more sense this makes. All of the speculation for Survivor Series right now points to Strowman costing Lesnar the match with AJ (which makes sense as it protects Brock and WWE Champion AJ Styles doesn't have to lose to Brock two years in a row), then you can have Brock show up announced at TLC to cost Braun his match, have Braun beat Brock for the belt at the Rumble (which they booked for a big stadium this year), and then you have a ready-made challenger for Braun for February in the guy who Brock helped beat him at TLC (probably Corbin).
i don't know who mentioned it, but someone said it was the exact same formula as when Goldberg helped Eddie defeat Lesnar. It's easy booking, and it keeps Strowman away from the Rumble

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 12th, '18, 15:54

cero2k wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 15:44
i don't know who mentioned it, but someone said it was the exact same formula as when Goldberg helped Eddie defeat Lesnar. It's easy booking, and it keeps Strowman away from the Rumble
I don't think the analogy holds too much water, as it's really Corbin who screwed Braun, whereas Brock was the one who screwed Goldberg in the Rumble, thus necessitating Goldberg helping Eddie to get revenge on Brock.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 16:04

Furthermore. I don't think a full drawn out plot or set point is needed at this point. He's been so over for so long I'd say just give it to him at the next possible PPV. Big celebration promo, whole place screams "GET THESE HANDS! GET THESE HANDS!!!! GET!!!! THESE!!!! HANDS!!!!", then send Lesnar along to UFC, never to be heard of again in WWE.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 12th, '18, 16:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 15:54
cero2k wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 15:44
I don't think the analogy holds too much water, as it's really Corbin who screwed Braun, whereas Brock was the one who screwed Goldberg in the Rumble, thus necessitating Goldberg helping Eddie to get revenge on Brock.
it's not an analogy, it's a match formula. Brock destroys Styles, Strowman comes in and levels Lesnar, AJ picks the win. Everyone celebrates.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 12th, '18, 16:07

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 12th, '18, 16:04 Furthermore. I don't think a full drawn out plot or set point is needed at this point. He's been so over for so long I'd say just give it to him at the next possible PPV. Big celebration promo, whole place screams "GET THESE HANDS! GET THESE HANDS!!!! GET!!!! THESE!!!! HANDS!!!!", then send Lesnar along to UFC, never to be heard of again in WWE.
that's how you get a forgetful title win. if anyone was in a hurry, then just win it a Crown Jewel or the raw after and let it be meaningless. And while over, Strowman has cooled off soooo much since he was actually over.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 16:10

Yeah I guess that's true. Quick then...someone get some heavy stuff to throw around all over the place, THEN say "GET THESE HANDS!!!"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '18, 16:14

This is almost starting to remind me of Ryback 2.0...except Strowman is WAAAYYY better.