Live correspondent from Super Show Down

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Bob-O

Re: Live correspondent from Super Show Down

Post by Bob-O » Oct 8th, '18, 18:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 8th, '18, 12:31 Hunter vs. Taker probably would have felt that way too if it wans't as good as it was
Statements like this are why I'm going to watch it eventually. I've never been a huge mark for Undertaker or Triple H, but this match has so many mixed-yet-extreme reviews with nothing in between, I just need to see for myself.

Again, never been a fan of either one on their own, wasn't blown away by either 'Mania match, but I gotta see what all the fuss is about, positive or negative.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 8th, '18, 19:04

Kane really didn't do so well at all in the match. It's a clear indicator of who went over, but it's pretty much like he was neutralized every single time.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 8th, '18, 19:06

Was Miz and Bryan so short as a way to say "without cheating this time, he actually outwrestled him almost immediately with no trouble? Lol I looked away and it was over.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 8th, '18, 19:14

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 8th, '18, 19:06 Was Miz and Bryan so short as a way to say "without cheating this time, he actually outwrestled him almost immediately with no trouble? Lol I looked away and it was over.
I guess it's possible, but that doesn't mean it wasn't disappointing.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Oct 8th, '18, 19:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 8th, '18, 12:25 I'm beginning to suspect that the dirty secret about going to WWE shows in huge buildings is that unless you're sitting in the fancy-people seats, it's really much better to just stay at home,
Hit the nail on the head there BRM

We missed everything that wasn't in the ring. The entrance stage wasn't raised so from our seats, couldn't see a thing. All the outside brawls, had no idea what happened. And to top it off, the big rig they set up over the ring, blocked our view of the jumbo tron!

Next year, I won't be going if it's another stadium show. Only house shows from now on. Or save up $1200 for front row

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 9th, '18, 09:01

Earth Child wrote: Oct 8th, '18, 19:39
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 8th, '18, 12:25 I'm beginning to suspect that the dirty secret about going to WWE shows in huge buildings is that unless you're sitting in the fancy-people seats, it's really much better to just stay at home,
Hit the nail on the head there BRM

We missed everything that wasn't in the ring. The entrance stage wasn't raised so from our seats, couldn't see a thing. All the outside brawls, had no idea what happened. And to top it off, the big rig they set up over the ring, blocked our view of the jumbo tron!

Next year, I won't be going if it's another stadium show. Only house shows from now on. Or save up $1200 for front row
When it comes to a stadium, I can only imagine you go to feel the environment and hear the entrance music

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 9th, '18, 09:27

It is 100% possible that I just wasn't paying attention, but I don't ever recall so many people having this issue at Wrestlemania. I mean, here and there, sure - but this is one of the MAJOR take aways I'm getting from this show. You'd think WWE of all promotions would have these things figured out...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 9th, '18, 09:33

Bob-O wrote: Oct 9th, '18, 09:27 It is 100% possible that I just wasn't paying attention, but I don't ever recall so many people having this issue at Wrestlemania. I mean, here and there, sure - but this is one of the MAJOR take aways I'm getting from this show. You'd think WWE of all promotions would have these things figured out...
I think it's an inherent problem with outdoor shows in giant stadiums. You don't want the show to be cancelled due to rain so you need something to cover the ring, but you also don't want it in the camera shot all the time so it needs to be high up, but then it will inherently block some people's view of the TitanTron. If it was me, I'd just only run these big shows in domes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 9th, '18, 10:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 9th, '18, 09:33 I think it's an inherent problem with outdoor shows in giant stadiums. You don't want the show to be cancelled due to rain so you need something to cover the ring, but you also don't want it in the camera shot all the time so it needs to be high up, but then it will inherently block some people's view of the TitanTron. If it was me, I'd just only run these big shows in domes.
The setup was just unnecessary though. It hasn't rained in Australia since 2011, and had they just waited a few hours to start they wouldn't have needed a lighting rig at all! 5am was a silly time to start...

[/troll]

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 9th, '18, 10:17

Bob-O wrote: Oct 9th, '18, 10:03
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 9th, '18, 09:33 I think it's an inherent problem with outdoor shows in giant stadiums. You don't want the show to be cancelled due to rain so you need something to cover the ring, but you also don't want it in the camera shot all the time so it needs to be high up, but then it will inherently block some people's view of the TitanTron. If it was me, I'd just only run these big shows in domes.
The setup was just unnecessary though. It hasn't rained in Australia since 2011, and had they just waited a few hours to start they wouldn't have needed a lighting rig at all! 5am was a silly time to start...

[/troll]
hasn't rained water, but we all know it rains spiders in Australia on a daily basis