Renee Young joining WWE Raw announce team on full-time basis

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Renee Young joining WWE Raw announce team on full-time basis

Post by cero2k » Sep 10th, '18, 13:31

Source: f4wonline.com

Following her two guest appearances over the past month, Renee Young has been added to the Raw announce team on a full-time basis.

WWE announced this morning that Young will be joining Michael Cole and Corey Graves on the Raw commentary team starting with tonight's episode. Jonathan Coachman will no longer be calling Raw and will instead become the host of WWE's pay-per-view pre-shows.

Coachman will start in his new position at Hell in a Cell on Sunday. Young was the previous host of the PPV pre-shows.

With Coachman having to miss the episodes due to his obligations with the World Long Drive Association on the Golf Channel, Young filled in for him on commentary on the August 13 and September 3 editions of Raw. Young is also part of the Mae Young Classic announce team with Cole and Beth Phoenix.

Young tweeted about her new full-time role: "I am so so so insanely excited about this! To be the first woman to take over that chair that so many amazingly talented voices and personalities have sat in before me! Thank you to @VinceMcMahon @StephMcMahon @TripleH @MichaelCole and @WWEGraves (and MANY others)"

UPDATE: Coachman has also commented on his new role and congratulated Young: "A sincere congratulations to @ReneeYoungWWE for a much deserved move to the table on Raw. To be part of a team means understanding your strengths and using them to help the team grow. I have always embraced with positivity any role asked of me. That will not change."

KILLdozer

Re: Renee Young joining WWE Raw announce team on full-time basis

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 10th, '18, 14:23

Here we go...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Sep 11th, '18, 00:01

I don’t actually have a problem with this, after a couple of weeks, I’ve gotten used to it and it certainly doesn’t feel too out of place for me.

I’m okay with it. I’ll takr Renee over Saxton or Booker any day of the week.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 11th, '18, 08:33

XIV wrote: Sep 11th, '18, 00:01 I don’t actually have a problem with this, after a couple of weeks, I’ve gotten used to it and it certainly doesn’t feel too out of place for me.

Yeap, i don't think she's the best at the job, but she's miles ahead of Booker/Saxton/Coach/Otunga (there seems to be a pattern there). The one thing I am somewhat interested in is seeing how she reacts to the pressure of having Vince screaming in her ear, how she reacts to calling some of the more serious stuff. I also can't imagine the other two will EVER shit on her like Graves and Cole sometimes call you out on the spot.

XIV

Post by XIV » Sep 11th, '18, 11:50

cero2k wrote: Sep 11th, '18, 08:33
XIV wrote: Sep 11th, '18, 00:01 I don’t actually have a problem with this, after a couple of weeks, I’ve gotten used to it and it certainly doesn’t feel too out of place for me.

Yeap, i don't think she's the best at the job, but she's miles ahead of Booker/Saxton/Coach/Otunga (there seems to be a pattern there). The one thing I am somewhat interested in is seeing how she reacts to the pressure of having Vince screaming in her ear, how she reacts to calling some of the more serious stuff. I also can't imagine the other two will EVER shit on her like Graves and Cole sometimes call you out on the spot.
You saying black male commentators don’t work well in WWE? Lol

But I see what you mean about Renee. They will handle her with kid gloves for a while because they won’t want anything to look bad on them for picking on her. They’ll allow her to pick up the men on stuff without too much rebuttal I imagine. At least for now until it becomes “the norm”.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 11th, '18, 12:19

XIV wrote: Sep 11th, '18, 11:50

You saying black male commentators don’t work well in WWE? Lol
it really shows that they just push someone to that spot regardless if the person is good or not at commentary

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 11th, '18, 18:55

She's better than Coach so it's an upgrade (though taking her out of the interview position does lose some potential moments during Ambrose-related moments/angles during interviews). The question then becomes who replaces Renee as a backstage interviewer, because she's the best one they have. She and Charly are both great, but if they replace Renee with Mike Rome or Dasha Fuentes or some other robot, the quality of the interviews will go WAY down from the current Renee and Charly combo we've got.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 11th, '18, 19:21

It's Tom. Not Mike. You just made The List you stupid fuckin' idiot.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Sep 12th, '18, 11:30

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 11th, '18, 18:55 She's better than Coach so it's an upgrade (though taking her out of the interview position does lose some potential moments during Ambrose-related moments/angles during interviews). The question then becomes who replaces Renee as a backstage interviewer, because she's the best one they have. She and Charly are both great, but if they replace Renee with Mike Rome or Dasha Fuentes or some other robot, the quality of the interviews will go WAY down from the current Renee and Charly combo we've got.
If I was writing storyline... I'd write for the SHIELD to put someone through the announcer's table with Ambrose then giving Renee a look or saying something to her. It would just be a funny moment.
Have A Nice Day!