BRM Reviews the 8/22/2018 NXT (GIbson vs. Dunne II)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/22/2018 NXT (GIbson vs. Dunne II)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 23rd, '18, 17:10

BIANCA BELAIR vs. DEONNA PURRAZZO- 6.5/10
Belair got a HUGE pop. These two had a really good match. I love Deonna from a technical point of view, but until she gets a personality, she’s a JTTS at best.

CATHEY KELLY INTERVIEWS THE VELVETEEN DREAM AFTER TAKEOVER - He put his crown on and called her “Queen Cathy,” then said she should tune into to this week’s NXT (i.e. the one we’re watching right now) to find out what he’ll do next.

EC III INTERVIEW FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- he explains to us that the “Top 1%” thing is a “mindset” rather than being about money, so he’s official a babyface now, I guess. He was asked about the attack on Aleister Black and he said that while he didn’t see anything, he thinks Lars Sullivan is the obviously the culprit. That giant throbbing vein on his arm was very distracting.

RICOCHET PROMO FROM AFTER TAKEOVER- The promo was fine. Roddy & Kyle showed up to make a stink but retreated when Pete Dunne showed up. Ricochet tried to thank Dunne but Dunne said he didn’t do it for Ricochet and told Ricochet that he wants the North American Title.

WHO ATTACKED ALEISTER UPDATE- they’ve been able to enhance the image to show that there was someone watching everything from a roof. They think it was Nikki Cross, but I have idea who they came to this conclusion based on the image they were able to show us. All you can really clearly see is an arm and a leg.

ZACK GIBSON VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

CATHEY KELLY INTERVIEWS SHAYNA BASZLER & THE OTHER HORSEWOMEN- Great heel promo by Baszler insisting that “Kairi’s skill did not beat me. I lost.”

Ricochet & Dunne vs, Roddy & Kyle has been signed for next week.

WWE UK TITLE MATCH: Pete Dunne(c) vs. Zack Gibson- 8.75/10
The same as their previous match, but not quite as good
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/22/2018 NXT (GIbson vs. Dunne II)

Post by XIV » Aug 23rd, '18, 23:46

So no update from TVD on what he’s going to do next.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 24th, '18, 06:31

XIV wrote: Aug 23rd, '18, 23:46 So no update from TVD on what he’s going to do next.
Apparently not.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Aug 25th, '18, 01:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 24th, '18, 06:31
XIV wrote: Aug 23rd, '18, 23:46 So no update from TVD on what he’s going to do next.
Apparently not.
That did irk me.

I was wondering recently who in the UK Division is a big enough draw to take Dunne’s title, because the only other guys really pushed have been Moustache Mountain.

But with a little more character work (or a good mouthpiece) I think Gibson could be the guy, because their matches are gold standard.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 26th, '18, 15:07

That Bazsler promo was literally the same one from after the match.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.