Alexa Bliss vs. Trish Stratus set for WWE Evolution

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Alexa Bliss vs. Trish Stratus set for WWE Evolution

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 11:06

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Aug 18, 2018 6:25 pm

After being advertised to the crowd at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV tonight, one of the matches for WWE's Evolution pay-per-view is now official.

WWE showed a graphic tonight that said Alexa Bliss will be facing Trish Stratus at Evolution, and the company has since confirmed the match. The PPV is taking place at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, New York on October 28.

Bliss is set to defend the Raw Women's Championship against Ronda Rousey at SummerSlam tomorrow.

Stratus returned to the ring for the first time in nearly seven years during the women's Royal Rumble match this January. Along with Lita, she was confirmed for Evolution when WWE announced the PPV last month. WWE has hyped that over 50 wrestlers from the past and present will participate in the event.

WWE has also noted that Evolution will feature Raw, SmackDown, NXT, and NXT United Kingdom Women's Championship matches, and the Mae Young Classic finals will be held at the PPV after they were set during two nights of tapings earlier this month.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Alexa Bliss vs. Trish Stratus set for WWE Evolution

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 11:08

The best babyfacve the division ever had vs. the best heel they've ever had? F*CK YES. Have fun in the semi-main, armbar lady.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 16:19

Now I really wanna know Sasha and Asuka are gonna be doing. Not to mention, Kairi Sane-She's definitely become another favorite of mine, especially after last night.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '18, 17:21

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 16:19 Now I really wanna know Sasha and Asuka are gonna be doing. Not to mention, Kairi Sane-She's definitely become another favorite of mine, especially after last night.
3 hypothesis
- Sasha vs Bayley, FINALLY
- If the tag team rumor is real, Sasha and Bayley win the titles
- Some kind of Horsewomen vs Horsewomen angle

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 18:19

I don't think they're going to do a Horsewomen angle. Or if they do, it will be an MMA Horsewomen Baszler vs. Ronda match based off of Baszler getting called up tonight to be Alexa's new bodyguard and screwing Ronda. Duke and Shafir are too green to get involved physically, and if you want to have a PPV with actual in-ring quality, you don't want to waste four of your best female workers (and two of your biggest stars in Sasha & Charlotte... and Ronda, of course) on a match that won't be particularly good.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 19th, '18, 21:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 11:08 The best babyfacve the division ever had vs. the best heel they've ever had? F*CK YES. Have fun in the semi-main, armbar lady.
YES PLEASE.

XIV

Post by XIV » Aug 20th, '18, 00:20

Charlotte vs Becky is an obvious match after last night.

Not sure on Trish be Alexa though.

It’s just a match for the sake of it
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '18, 00:48

XIV wrote: Aug 20th, '18, 00:20 Charlotte vs Becky is an obvious match after last night.

Not sure on Trish be Alexa though.

It’s just a match for the sake of it
It's a career-making win for Alexa that she can brag about forever.

Also, supposedly WWE wants to do Ronda vs. Nikki Bella as the main event because those are their two biggest female mainstream stars.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '18, 08:22

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 18:19 I don't think they're going to do a Horsewomen angle. Or if they do, it will be an MMA Horsewomen Baszler vs. Ronda match based off of Baszler getting called up tonight to be Alexa's new bodyguard and screwing Ronda. Duke and Shafir are too green to get involved physically, and if you want to have a PPV with actual in-ring quality, you don't want to waste four of your best female workers (and two of your biggest stars in Sasha & Charlotte... and Ronda, of course) on a match that won't be particularly good.
Ahh, see that's a very big IF, in-ring quality is never a priority in WWE, especially when you have all this story making going on. I'm expecting them to be there just for the TMZ buzz

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '18, 10:17

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '18, 08:22
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 18:19 I don't think they're going to do a Horsewomen angle. Or if they do, it will be an MMA Horsewomen Baszler vs. Ronda match based off of Baszler getting called up tonight to be Alexa's new bodyguard and screwing Ronda. Duke and Shafir are too green to get involved physically, and if you want to have a PPV with actual in-ring quality, you don't want to waste four of your best female workers (and two of your biggest stars in Sasha & Charlotte... and Ronda, of course) on a match that won't be particularly good.
Ahh, see that's a very big IF, in-ring quality is never a priority in WWE, especially when you have all this story making going on. I'm expecting them to be there just for the TMZ buzz
Does WWE really still think that TMZ buzz generates Network subscriptions or PPV buys?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '18, 11:01

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '18, 10:17
Does WWE really still think that TMZ buzz generates Network subscriptions or PPV buys?
WWE will take any buzz just for the sake is being 'mainstream'. I don't think they even do it to sell tickets or networks. They just wanna hang with the cool guys.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '18, 11:34

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '18, 11:01
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '18, 10:17
WWE will take any buzz just for the sake is being 'mainstream'. I don't think they even do it to sell tickets or networks. They just wanna hang with the cool guys.
But if they're being ignored, that doesn't make them cool. If you get the hot local radio station to play your song and all it results in is people switching away from that radio station whenever the song comes on and tuning back in when it's over, then are you really cool?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '18, 12:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '18, 11:34
But if they're being ignored, that doesn't make them cool. If you get the hot local radio station to play your song and all it results in is people switching away from that radio station whenever the song comes on and tuning back in when it's over, then are you really cool?
nope, they aren't cool, but in today's society, it just make you hungrier for attention and you brag about your cheap accomplishments.

getting back into topic. I think both Charlotte and Ronda winning the titles last night is a good indication that they will start the Charlotte vs Ronda angle towards Wrestlemania, so to clarify, i'm not expecting a horsewoman match, but rather some sort of angle between Ronda and Charlotte, and I would imagine that could include the horsewomen.