SummerSlam tonight!!!

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
e-moose

SummerSlam tonight!!!

Post by e-moose » Aug 19th, '18, 16:12

SummerSlam tonight!

Unlike Extreme Rules it's looking like a good card az more of the best performerz R featured, and against one another. I'm especially interested in 3 matchez. Daniel Bryan vs. Miz, Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins, and A.J. Styles vs. Samoa Joe. All 6 R great performerz. All 3 matchez should be excellent. Also Alexa Bliss vs. Ronda Rousey should be great but I expect a lot of fuckery in that 1. Honestly I expect the same in Ziggler vs. Rollins.

Big Red Machine

Re: SummerSlam tonight!!!

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 16:21

e-moose!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 16:23

Nothing great performance wise about the Miz.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 16:34

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 16:23 Nothing great performance wise about the Miz.
There is if he is in there with the right guy. Have you already forgotten his match against Rollins?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 16:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 16:34
KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 16:23 Nothing great performance wise about the Miz.
There is if he is in there with the right guy. Have you already forgotten his match against Rollins?
Yes, actually. Simply put the guy can't be great by himself. That's being carried. He's simply good-average. Bo Dallas and Axel are better than him, and they're the two biggest dumbasses lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 16:58

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 16:41
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 16:34
Yes, actually. Simply put the guy can't be great by himself. That's being carried. He's simply good-average. Bo Dallas and Axel are better than him, and they're the two biggest dumbasses lol.
I don't think Bo is better than Miz.
And yes, that's being carried, but it's not "being carried" in the sense of a smaller guy "working around" a big lumbering giant like Khali, or Flair doing his "Ric Flair match" with Sting at the Clash and carrying Sting to an amazing match, or Regal telling someone to "just hold on" and tangling himself in and out of holds. Miz does bring his own spin to a match. It comes with drawbacks, but it does also have strengths- particularly his trash-talking and the resentment fans have towards him in terms of things like him getting pushes when Dragon or Kofi or Punk or Anderson or Cody or whoever didn't- and when you put him in there with a guy like Bryan where they can take advantage of that dynamic to tell a story that wouldn't be possible with anyone else, then I think Miz does deserve credit for bringing a key ingredient to the match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 17:00

That's all charisma/Mic skills/character work. Which is pretty much his whole entire thing. Kind of slightly above that Alexis Bliss/Carmella discussion we recently had.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 17:10

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 17:00 That's all charisma/Mic skills/character work. Which is pretty much his whole entire thing. Kind of slightly above that Alexis Bliss/Carmella discussion we recently had.
Miz isn't a bad wrestler by any stretch. He's just not a particularly great one, either. Comparisons to Carmella are ridiculous.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 19th, '18, 18:52

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 17:00 That's all charisma/Mic skills/character work. Which is pretty much his whole entire thing. Kind of slightly above that Alexis Bliss/Carmella discussion we recently had.
Miz is a "diva".

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 18:56

Absolutely lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 19:23

Bob-O wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 18:52
Miz is a "diva".
Not quite. The Mason Ryan-types are the male equivalent of a Diva. Miz (and Bliss, and even Carmella) are more like your Billy Graham or Kevin Nash type who got their spot due to their body and their promo skills rather than their wrestling (but aren't necessarily terrible wrestlers, either, but they're not outstanding in the ring, either).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 19:39

I mean, but by that logic, again, just like those two, he's not a whole lot more than Mic skills and other similar attributes lol. I'd even go as far as to say "The male equivalent of Alexa Bliss."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 20:41

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 19:39 I mean, but by that logic, again, just like those two, he's not a whole lot more than Mic skills and other similar attributes lol. I'd even go as far as to say "The male equivalent of Alexa Bliss."
Right. But my point is that talking is an important skill in pro wrestling. It's not like Alexa or Miz are someone like Dana Brooke or Brakkus who are only hired and/or pushed solely off of their look.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 21:00

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 19th, '18, 21:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 19:23
Miz is a "diva".
Not quite. The Mason Ryan-types are the male equivalent of a Diva. Miz (and Bliss, and even Carmella) are more like your Billy Graham or Kevin Nash type who got their spot due to their body and their promo skills rather than their wrestling (but aren't necessarily terrible wrestlers, either, but they're not outstanding in the ring, either).
It can be narrowed down, but on the broad spectrum, there are two types of talent: "Entertainers" (divas) and Wrestlers. In this broad, two column generalization; I would not put Miz with the wrestlers.

Because he's a Diva.

Shawn Micheals was a Diva who could wrestle, Brett was a Wrestling diva... and I think they belong in different columns.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 19th, '18, 22:14

Yeah...you have the Carmellas...Alexa Bliss...Dana Brooke...then Sasha Banks...Asuka...Bailey...Kairi Sane....then Seth Rollins...Finn Balor...AJ Styles....Bryan...Richochet and other NXT guys...then the Miz, ...and...others lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '18, 22:45

Bob-O wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 21:09
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 19th, '18, 19:23

Miz is a "diva".
It can be narrowed down, but on the broad spectrum, there are two types of talent: "Entertainers" (divas) and Wrestlers. In this broad, two column generalization; I would not put Miz with the wrestlers.

Because he's a Diva.

Shawn Micheals was a Diva who could wrestle, Brett was a Wrestling diva... and I think they belong in different columns.
And my point is that I think they shouldn't be looked at as three separate columns. It's a Venn diagram, like the following:
Venn Diagram.JPG
Venn Diagram.JPG (46.38 KiB) Viewed 8739 times

Obviously we can argue over placement of the individual names, but you see what I mean.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Aug 19th, '18, 23:34

Re: The Miz:

At this time, he iz just az good az he sez he iz. He wuz not this good previously. At the current time, I respect him more than most of the roster. He came in az a good talker and a mediocre wrestler. He worked hiz ass off. Today he iz the best talker aside from maybe Paul Heyman, and the quickest and hardest-working wrestler on the roster. He haz the ring psychology down to an exact science. He iz a classic mat wrester in the Bret Hart tradition who haz taken hiz game beyond that level. He performz the quickest and most sudden reversalz and "whaddamaneuverz" we've ever seen since. He'z AWESOME! Great respect.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 20th, '18, 22:46

Not sure if ban...or I'm gonna kick your ass...