WWE News; Aleister Black, Maria Kanellis, and Tegan Nox All Injured

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WWE News; Aleister Black, Maria Kanellis, and Tegan Nox All Injured

Post by cero2k » Aug 10th, '18, 10:50

Source: f4wonline.com

-- Tegan Nox seriously injured her left leg during tonight’s Mae Young Classic tapings.

She was in the early stages of a match against Rhea Ripley when she went for a dive. Upon impact, her left leg gave out. The match was stopped shortly thereafter and awarded to Ripley as medical officials came to Nox's aid. The crowd was said to be silent as Nox was visibly in pain and crying.

Later during the tapings, Triple H came out and indicated that she suffered a broken leg.

Nox, who competed on the indie scene as Nixon Newell, had just signed a developmental deal with WWE when she tore her right ACL before the Mae Young Classic tapings last year, which she was scheduled to be a part of. She returned to the ring in April of this year and had been working NXT house shows before being announced as a competitor for this year’s tapings.

-- Maria Kanellis has suffered a bit of a setback while training for her return to television.

Kanellis posted on Instagram today that she suffered a broken wrist while training in the ring. She wrote that she'll have to be in a cast for six weeks but teased being involved with WWE's Evolution pay-per-view: "I broke my wrist training in the ring to come back... 6 weeks in a cast. Do the math... still have time before #Evolution"

Evolution will take place at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, New York on October 28.

Kanellis headed to the WWE Performance Center at the beginning of this month to start training for a comeback. She announced last September that her and Mike Bennett (Mike Kanellis) were expecting their first child, and they welcomed the birth of their daughter on April 4.

Kanellis returned to WWE and Bennett debuted at Money in the Bank 2017. Bennett moved to Raw in this year's roster shakeup and has mostly been wrestling on house shows and Main Event.

-- Aleister Black officially won't be wrestling at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV later this month.

WWE released a video this afternoon where William Regal confirmed that Black is off the show. Regal announced that NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa will now defend his title against Johnny Gargano in a last man standing match at TakeOver.

Black suffered a legitimate injury that required surgery after being crotched by Ciampa at an NXT house show in Las Vegas on July 28. Ciampa defending against Black and Gargano in a triple threat match was originally supposed to be the main event of TakeOver: Brooklyn. It was announced on last night's episode of NXT, but WWE then wrote Black out of the match by shooting an angle where he was attacked in the parking lot at Full Sail University.

WWE hasn't revealed who attacked Black in storyline. They put out a video with more footage from the angle today, teasing more wrestlers being in the area when the attack happened.

Ciampa defeated Gargano in a street fight at TakeOver: Chicago in June and won the NXT Championship from Black on a TV episode in July. At TakeOver: New Orleans in April, Gargano defeated Ciampa in an unsanctioned match.

TakeOver: Brooklyn will be held at the Barclays Center on August 18. Here's the updated card:

NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa defending against Johnny Gargano in a last man standing match
NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler defending against Kairi Sane
NXT North American Champion Adam Cole defending against Ricochet
NXT Tag Team Champions Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong defending against Tyler Bate & Trent Seven
Velveteen Dream vs. EC3

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE News; Aleister Black, Maria Kanellis, and Tegan Nox All Injured

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 12:20

That f*cking sucks for Newell.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 13:11

"Maria Kanellis training to get back into the ring?" Um absolutely not and no thank you.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 10th, '18, 15:26

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 13:11 "Maria Kanellis training to get back into the ring?" Um absolutely not and no thank you.
Dude, your champs are Bliss and Carmella, Maria would be like bringing in Misawa compared to those two. But I agree, she should just be a manager for now while she heals. Get Mike in that Rusev vs Almas feud.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 15:29

cero2k wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 15:26
KILLdozer wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 13:11 "Maria Kanellis training to get back into the ring?" Um absolutely not and no thank you.
Dude, your champs are Bliss and Carmella, Maria would be like bringing in Misawa compared to those two. But I agree, she should just be a manager for now while she heals. Get Mike in that Rusev vs Almas feud.
I don't think you've seen a Maria match recently. Bliss is a million times better than her, and she wasn't any better than Carmella. Maria is an excellent heel manager. Let her be that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 10th, '18, 15:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 15:29
I don't think you've seen a Maria match recently. Bliss is a million times better than her, and she wasn't any better than Carmella. Maria is an excellent heel manager. Let her be that.
not Maria since Impact, but I've seen some of the other two. To quote Dozer, "I am not impressed"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 15:39

I obviously haven't seen any Maria in a looooonnngggg while....but nonetheless I don't have any reason to be enthused about her coming in. Bliss MIGHT be better than Carmella in ring, but I'm not sure. Carmella has improved drastically, and I definitely enjoy her more.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 15:46

Why are you all burying Alexa like she's Carmella? When was the last time Alexa botched something? She's not great, but she's much better than Maria or Carmella or Fox or Dana Brooke or Nia or Tamina or Billie Kay... she's to to at least be in the top half of female workers on the main roster.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 15:59

Alicia Fox isn't someone I've ever really considered to be that bad though actually. She may not be up around the best of the best...but she's a lot more coordinated and athletic and competent than others...have you seen that Northern Lights Suplex?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 16:02

Bliss just isn't really all that great. Her and Carmella are definitely in the "Waaayyyyyy more microphone than wrestling" strength category, but I again just naturally enjoy Carmella more. Her Superkick is quick and properly done enough, while Bliss is kinda like that "Brett Hart on Triple H" thing from years back for me.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 16:23

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 15:59 Alicia Fox isn't someone I've ever really considered to be that bad though actually. She may not be up around the best of the best...but she's a lot more coordinated and athletic and competent than others...have you seen that Northern Lights Suplex?
Fox is by far the worst botcher in terms of bad timing and screwing up matches.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 16:23

Still better than Alexa Bliss.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 16:25

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 16:02 Bliss just isn't really all that great. Her and Carmella are definitely in the "Waaayyyyyy more microphone than wrestling" strength category, but I again just naturally enjoy Carmella more. Her Superkick is quick and properly done enough, while Bliss is kinda like that "Brett Hart on Triple H" thing from years back for me.
Carmella is all mic skills. Bliss can at least wrestle without botching things, she pretty much always works a body part, and has an actual move-set. I literally cannot think of a single move Carmella does other than her finisher, which she hasn't done in forever to the point where I almost forgot what it was.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 17:17

Plus Alicia Fox entertains me with her gimmick so much more. All Bliss says is "overhyped rookie Ronda Rousey" anymore.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 17:23

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 17:17 Plus Alicia Fox entertains me with her gimmick so much more. All Bliss says is "overhyped rookie Ronda Rousey" anymore.
That's not Bliss' fault; it's WWE's.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 20:11

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... his-boots/

Pretty much my feelings on Alexa Bliss.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 10th, '18, 21:59

Considering the ladies on the roster, the theory behind the women's revolution... Evolution (taking place on October 28, 2018, at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum), it's absurd that there's a debate going on over if either CHAMPION is shittier than Alicia Fox... but here we are.

Carmella is terrible all around. Promos are out because her voice is worse than Baszler's. She could ruin the Hard Times promo. Universally agreed she's bad in the ring. She's also a Butter Face. Needs the belt to justify her job amongst her company. She's a "diva", and a bad one.

Bliss is universally attractive. Decent promo. Knows enough moves to wrestle the same match over and over without screwing it up. She's a "diva"... but more like a Trish Stratus-type, a keeper, but should not be champion. Needs the belt to justify her job amongst her company.

Alicia Fox is universally attractive. Could deliver the Hard Times promo, but nobody'd care. Knows less moves than Carmella and botches a lot. She's a diva amongst other divas.

My opinion, but with EVERYONE they've got... c'mon... there is NO EXCUSE that Carmella and Alicia still have jobs, and Bliss belongs in Carmella's spot (cheating to keep up with the real wrestlers).

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 23:51

There was a time when I was saying Carmella was the worst, but the heel turn really changed things up because among other things she just really wasn't working as a face.

Alicia Fox makes me genuinely amused with her gimmick and character stuff probably more than any other women.

Bliss? Again, Son. I am dissapoint.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 11th, '18, 08:43

Bob-O wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 21:59
Alicia Fox is universally attractive. Could deliver the Hard Times promo, but nobody'd care. Knows less moves than Carmella and botches a lot. She's a diva amongst other divas.
you shut your mouth!

She's the Shexcellence in Execution

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 11th, '18, 11:45

cero2k wrote: Aug 11th, '18, 08:43
Bob-O wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 21:59
you shut your mouth!

She's the Shexcellence in Execution
I dare you tell me Bliss could do either of those lol.