Flip Gordon to challenge for NWA title at ROH Honor for All

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Flip Gordon to challenge for NWA title at ROH Honor for All

Post by cero2k » Jul 9th, '18, 12:54

Source: f4wonline.com

The storyline of Flip Gordon trying to get booked for All In will continue at Ring of Honor's show in Nashville, Tennessee later this month.

At the end of a video that was uploaded by the NWA today, it was revealed that NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis' next title defense will be against Gordon at "Honor for All" on July 20. The show is taking place at the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville and will air live on HonorClub.

The storyline is that Cody Rhodes won't book Gordon for All In, and Gordon has fallen short in every opportunity he's been given to be added to the show. But whoever is NWA Champion on September 1 will defend the title against Cody at All in.

ROH Television Champion Punishment Martinez defending against Scorpio Sky, Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai vs. Karen Q in a non-title match, ROH Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian in a non-title match, Marty Scurll vs. Matt Taven, Cody vs. TK O'Ryan, and Kenny King vs. Shane Taylor vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jonathan Gresham are also set for Honor for All.

Big Red Machine

Re: Flip Gordon to challenge for NWA title at ROH Honor for All

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 9th, '18, 13:08

This is one of those ideas that would be a good little story and makes perfect sense from the ROH and Cody/Bucks side of things, but if I'm Corgan, I think changing the title here devalues the title by just turning it into a prop for a goofy storyline rather than feeling the big deal they've been trying to make Magnus vs. Cody into.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 9th, '18, 13:17

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 9th, '18, 13:08 This is one of those ideas that would be a good little story and makes perfect sense from the ROH and Cody/Bucks side of things, but if I'm Corgan, I think changing the title here devalues the title by just turning it into a prop for a goofy storyline rather than feeling the big deal they've been trying to make Magnus vs. Cody into.
yeah, and at this point i'm more interested in seeing Aldis vs Cody just by what they've done so far. I'm hoping it's just a swerve kind of thing to make us think this is it, same with Cody winning the ROH title

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 9th, '18, 14:59

cero2k wrote: Jul 9th, '18, 13:17
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 9th, '18, 13:08 This is one of those ideas that would be a good little story and makes perfect sense from the ROH and Cody/Bucks side of things, but if I'm Corgan, I think changing the title here devalues the title by just turning it into a prop for a goofy storyline rather than feeling the big deal they've been trying to make Magnus vs. Cody into.
yeah, and at this point i'm more interested in seeing Aldis vs Cody just by what they've done so far. I'm hoping it's just a swerve kind of thing to make us think this is it, same with Cody winning the ROH title
It's a weird situation because heel Cody vs. babyface Flip feels like the right match for the show, but Cody winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title as a babyface feels like the right moment for the show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 9th, '18, 16:21

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 9th, '18, 14:59
cero2k wrote: Jul 9th, '18, 13:17
It's a weird situation because heel Cody vs. babyface Flip feels like the right match for the show, but Cody winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title as a babyface feels like the right moment for the show.
yes! two things that I really want to see happen, but the more I think about it, I don't need to see Cody vs Aldis at All In, that I could leave off until Final Battle, but beyond that, I really really don't want to see Gordon dethrone Aldis just for All In.

They're all putting themselves between walls with Aldis asking for Cody to be the World Champ, with giving Gordon a title match before Cody (since what do you do with Aldis if he loses OR how does Cody deserve a title match if he loses to Gordon at All In [because Gordon NEEDS to win at All In] whether Gordon captures the title or not).