All In Sells Out In Less than 30 Minutes

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

All In Sells Out In Less than 30 Minutes

Post by cero2k » May 13th, '18, 19:28

Source: f4wonline.com

Tickets for the Young Bucks & Cody's All In show on September 1st at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, sold out immediately.

With all seats open the crowd would legitimately just top 10,000, which would be the first time in United States history where something like that happened for a true independent promotion show, and the first time in 19 years anyone but WWE sold that many tickets to a show in the U.S. I believe Jacques Rougeau has done that a few times for shows in Montreal with his own promotion.

We had checked 45 minutes after tickets were put on sale to see what was available and nothing was. One of the organizers said it looked like it sold out in 30 minutes.

This is also with a lot of problems as we've been inundated with complaints from people who tried to order tickets right away and had all kinds of problems because of the volume of orders in such a short period of time, similar to what happened with the New Japan show in Long Beach.

The sellout was with almost nothing announced on the show but several major names, the biggest being The Young Bucks and Cody, who organized and financed the show, along with Kenny Omega, Kazuchika Okada, and Rey Mysterio Jr.

Cody will challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight title in one of the key matches on the card. Billy Corgan was at the press conference today noting the title would be at sake and Cody said he would challenge. At this point that would be Nick Aldis as champion.

KILLdozer

Re: All In Sells Out In Less than 30 Minutes

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '18, 19:22

Have fun, Daniel Bryan.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » May 15th, '18, 10:39

... Nick Aldis. The one guy I'd love to see WWE pick up and go with.... but I know they'll ruin him once he's past NXT.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 22nd, '18, 07:34

Cody's saying there's no plans to stream the event... seems silly given the demand.

Did the Hardy's stream their Omega show a few years back? That's the only thing I can think to compare this to...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 22nd, '18, 07:49

Bob-O wrote: May 22nd, '18, 07:34 Cody's saying there's no plans to stream the event... seems silly given the demand.

Did the Hardy's stream their Omega show a few years back? That's the only thing I can think to compare this to...
They have a bunch of wrestlers that can't appear legally on streams because of contracts. Penta and Fenix off the top of my head, so they're probably avoiding legal problems as of now

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 22nd, '18, 07:50

Bob-O wrote: May 22nd, '18, 07:34 Cody's saying there's no plans to stream the event... seems silly given the demand.

One rumor going around is that they're trying to get actual PPV for this rather than rely on iPPV.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 24th, '18, 07:16

From 411 Mania:
Cody Rhodes recently spoke with Mike on Monday, and spoke about challenging for the NWA title at All In and more. Here are the highlights…

On bringing a sense of unity to Independent wrestling: “Somebody told me “you’ve stumbled upon the wrestling’s ‘Woodstock’. As much as I’d like to say that and cut that promo, I won’t know that until that Thursday, All In weekend…(sic)… This has the feeling. I think we all need it… wrestlers, fans, whether there’s a bunch of All In’s or just one, we’re going to make it count.”

On challenging for the NWA Championship:“Billy (Corgan) wanted the NWA Championship represented on All In and I said “absolutely, and I’ll be the one to challenge for it.” We also talk a little in storyline about Nick Aldis and his refusal to want to do the match without being asked.

On whether or not there will be a live stream or broadcast of All In: After a long pause and a bit of a smirk, “I don’t know. I can’t say. (Still grinning). I don’t know, but I am gonna do my damndest to give people who couldn’t get tickets an opportunity to see it”.
It seems they'll be doing ~something~. It's just crazy to think they'd sell 10,000 tickets in a half an hour and not have anything for people that didn't make it in that window. I mean, that's what televised sports - especially wrestling - were founded on. The NFL still blacks out games for 3 different franchises where I'm at if attendance is down...

Granted, this isn't the NFL, but still... seems like a lot of money left on the table... rumor has it that Aldis is taking 30% of the gate, so you'd think they'd want every penny they could milk out of this.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 24th, '18, 09:42

Bob-O wrote: May 24th, '18, 07:16 rumor has it that Aldis is taking 30% of the gate, so you'd think they'd want every penny they could milk out of this.
if that is indeed true, you can bet your house that Cody is taking the title and that they payoff is for Aldis to drop the title. I would also imagine than 30% would go between Aldis and Corgan

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 24th, '18, 11:35

THIRTY PERCENT? The champ didn't even used to get half of that, and that was back when this belt was actually important!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » May 29th, '18, 10:21

Big Red Machine wrote: May 24th, '18, 11:35 THIRTY PERCENT? The champ didn't even used to get half of that, and that was back when this belt was actually important!
Even if those 10,000 tickets were at $20 each gives Mr Aldis a cool $60,000. If the 30% thing is true. He's literally getting a Wrestlemania sized payday from this.

For $60,000 I'd let Cody pin me by putting his balls in my mouth.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 29th, '18, 11:34

XIV wrote: May 29th, '18, 10:21
I do believe a pin like that voids the title rematch warranty

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 29th, '18, 12:27

cero2k wrote: May 29th, '18, 11:34
XIV wrote: May 29th, '18, 10:21
I do believe a pin like that voids the title rematch warranty
Section B Paragraph 8; right after the part about whether or not you get interest on your deposit for the belt.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 29th, '18, 12:28

For the record, what I'm saying here is that if this is true then Cody and the Bucks are utter morons for taking it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 29th, '18, 12:40

Big Red Machine wrote: May 29th, '18, 12:28 For the record, what I'm saying here is that if this is true then Cody and the Bucks are utter morons for taking it.
I haven't seen anything about other than here, so i'm guessing it stay's as rumor. The one thing I HAVE heard is that people are speculating that Cody wins the ROH title at the Vegas show and the match is title vs title

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 29th, '18, 13:06

cero2k wrote: May 29th, '18, 12:40
Big Red Machine wrote: May 29th, '18, 12:28 For the record, what I'm saying here is that if this is true then Cody and the Bucks are utter morons for taking it.
I haven't seen anything about other than here, so i'm guessing it stay's as rumor. The one thing I HAVE heard is that people are speculating that Cody wins the ROH title at the Vegas show and the match is title vs title
I think Aldis cut a promo to this extent on one of the ROH UK shows. If they go through with this, it's a huge mistake. First of all, it kills the finish of the title match at BITW (and all future title matches, including Taven's theoretically still up-coming shot), plus it means another Cody title run.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 29th, '18, 13:24

Big Red Machine wrote: May 29th, '18, 13:06 plus it means another Cody title run.
considering Castle's run, i'll take a cody reign any day, he at least made the title feel bigger

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 29th, '18, 15:00

cero2k wrote: May 29th, '18, 13:24
Big Red Machine wrote: May 29th, '18, 13:06 plus it means another Cody title run.
considering Castle's run, i'll take a cody reign any day, he at least made the title feel bigger
That's on the booker, though, not on Dalton. It's not Dalton's fault that his only storylines are with midcarder Taven and a secondary feature in yet another Bullet Club dissension angle with Cody and Marty. Match-wise, Dalton has blown Cody out of the water. Plus Dalton without the belt is a lot less useful than Cody without the belt because all Delirious knows how to do with Dalton without the belt is comedy.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation