Ronda Rousey working four dates on WWE's European tour

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Ronda Rousey working four dates on WWE's European tour

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 13th, '18, 10:39

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Apr 13, 2018 5:20 am

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion and WWE breakout star Ronda Rousey will work four dates on the company's upcoming European tour.

Announced by WWE on Friday morning, Rousey will wrestle on May 16th in Geneva, Switzerland, May 17th in Vienna, Austria, May 18th in Turin, Italy, and May 19th in Paris, France. Opponent(s) were not named.

Even before WrestleMania, the 31-year-old was booked for the company's Madison Square Garden house show on July 7th.

The entire WWE European tour will consist of 13 dates.

Rousey made her WWE debut nearly a week ago at WrestleMania to great fanfare, teaming with Kurt Angle to defeat HHH and Stephanie McMahon. She appeared on Raw this past Monday and armbarred McMahon in the show's opening segment.

After appearing at WrestleMania with the Rock several years ago, Rousey returned at this year's Royal Rumble to close out the show and appeared several times on Raw to help build the WrestleMania program.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Ronda Rousey working four dates on WWE's European tour

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 13th, '18, 10:40

Only four dates? Wasn't she supposedly signing a "full-time" contract with "no special treatment," LOL?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 13th, '18, 21:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 13th, '18, 10:40 Only four dates? Wasn't she supposedly signing a "full-time" contract with "no special treatment," LOL?
A draw like her shouldn't be working every show. To a paraphrase a Jim Cornette quote "Why would I want to see you if you never go away?"
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 14th, '18, 19:11

NWK2000 wrote: Apr 13th, '18, 21:04
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 13th, '18, 10:40 Only four dates? Wasn't she supposedly signing a "full-time" contract with "no special treatment," LOL?
A draw like her shouldn't be working every show. To a paraphrase a Jim Cornette quote "Why would I want to see you if you never go away?"
Right... but they hyped her up as being a "full-time" performer. To have her make such a big deal on TV about not wanting to be treated any differently and then have her be treated differently would make her a hypocrite, which is death for a babyface, especially with the Roman/Brock angle they just ran.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 15th, '18, 10:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 14th, '18, 19:11
NWK2000 wrote: Apr 13th, '18, 21:04
Right... but they hyped her up as being a "full-time" performer. To have her make such a big deal on TV about not wanting to be treated any differently and then have her be treated differently would make her a hypocrite, which is death for a babyface, especially with the Roman/Brock angle they just ran.
BRM is right, they/she made a HUGE deal about being a full time performer. It's blatant hypocrisy for somebody they're putting over as a tip top babyface. She said she wanted to be a wrestler, a real wrestler, and while still early in her attempt I'm just not seeing any effort on her end, or maybe it's their end...

"Why would I want to see you if you never go away?" would be a good point, but we haven't SEEN her do ANYTHING! This woman NEEDS to be in the ring right now as much as humanly possible! Wrestling, cutting promos, learning how to work a wrestling crowd... her segment on monday was uncomfortable to watch. She came out smiling and waving, "taking it all in"... that's guest host stuff! We should be past this by now. Smiling, through the whole segment, while she hugged Steph... SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TURNING HEEL! She just stood there, with that stupid smile on her face, until the obvious cue! It was bad, BRM was spot on in his review, the "swerve" was completely despicable behavior for a babyface (I felt bad for Stephanie), and she looked like a guest in what's supposed to be her "home" the entire time. They HAVE to get past this if she's ever going to connect with the audience, 4 out of 13 dates aren't going to cut it.

They're going all in on this, they got her Joan Jett, they put her in a main event angle... but there is obviously no long-term development plan in place for her. They have no idea where to go from here, and she's not even trying. On monday, I saw a UFC celebrity cashing a paycheck in my beloved wrestling ring. She reeks of "outsider" and Crowds are going to turn on her soon if they don't get her figured out. There's only one way to do that...