Impact Wrestling Severs Ties with Alberto El Patron, New Redemption Main Event Announced

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact Wrestling Severs Ties with Alberto El Patron, New Redemption Main Event Announced

Post by cero2k » Apr 8th, '18, 09:28

Source: f4wonline.com

-- Impact Wrestling announced Saturday night via Twitter that they have severed ties with Alberto El Patron, effective immediately.

PWInsider was the first to report the news. Patron has yet to respond via Twitter or other outlets.

On Friday, the former Alberto Del Rio in WWE no-showed the Impact Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground event where he was supposed to team with Pentagon Jr. to take on Impact Wrestling champion Austin Aries and Fenix.

He was in New Orleans, LA, this WrestleMania weekend as he was in the crowd at WaleMania Thursday night and even appeared at an Impact press conference Friday to build up his main event match against Aries on Impact's Redemption PPV on April 22nd.

The 40-year-old has had a turbulent last few years out of the ring. He signed with Impact in March 2017 and won the company's world title shortly thereafter. He was suspended in July and stripped of the belt in August after domestic violence allegations arose involving then-girlfriend Paige. He returned to action for the company in November.

== With Alberto El Patron no longer with the company, Impact Wrestling's upcoming Redemption pay-per-view has a new main event.

It will be Impact World Champion Austin Aries defending his title against Pentagon Jr. and Fenix in a triple threat match. That's the same matchup that ended up headlining Impact's show with Lucha Underground in New Orleans this week. Aries & Fenix were supposed to face El Patron & Pentagon at Impact vs. LU, but it was changed due to El Patron not showing up.

Aries revealed the new Redemption main event at tonight's House of Hardcore show. Pentagon won the non-title meeting on Friday, pinning Fenix after they had taken Aries out of the equation with a double superkick.

Aries vs. El Patron and Pentagon vs. Fenix were originally scheduled for Redemption before the card was changed. The PPV will be taking place at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida on April 22nd.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Impact Wrestling Severs Ties with Alberto El Patron, New Redemption Main Event Announced

Post by cero2k » Apr 9th, '18, 13:32

They're addressing the situation this coming thursday. It almost makes me think work, but with Alberto you never really know

Serujuunin

Re: Impact Wrestling Severs Ties with Alberto El Patron, New Redemption Main Event Announced

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 9th, '18, 15:22

Why do people keep trying with him? The man is nothing but trouble.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 9th, '18, 17:10

Serujuunin wrote: Apr 9th, '18, 15:22 Why do people keep trying with him? The man is nothing but trouble.
making my own conclusions from interviews and other people's comments, the dude is really likable when there is no money on the table. Vince apparently loves the guy, he was brought back to Impact because reportedly, Don Callis and D'Amore really liked the dude when they met. etc etc

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 10th, '18, 09:21

cero2k wrote: Apr 9th, '18, 17:10
Serujuunin wrote: Apr 9th, '18, 15:22 Why do people keep trying with him? The man is nothing but trouble.
making my own conclusions from interviews and other people's comments, the dude is really likable when there is no money on the table. Vince apparently loves the guy, he was brought back to Impact because reportedly, Don Callis and D'Amore really liked the dude when they met. etc etc
I can understand that, but he has a reputation of repeatedly screwing people over, and it’s just a bad business decision. I have friends o think are great, but if I was a business owner, I would not hire them because it would be a bad business decision. Especially with companies that have already had bad experiences with him in the past.